Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Glam Beauty Board Box Fall 2012!


I'm super excited to be a part of the Glam Beauty Board this fall, and have a wonderful opportunity to try some really amazing products that I can't wait to share with all of you. Some of which I was already familiar with, and some of which are completely new to me. I've been loyally testing out these products all month, and amidst all of the great products, I happily discovered some favorites!

I will be going more in depth about these products in future reviews, but in this post I've included brief summaries of each product (swatches at the end).

Lately I've been enjoying this bright pink gem in a little holographic box called Benefit Bella Bamba ($28). It's a vivid warm, watermelon pink with with fine golden shimmer. It looks a lot like the cult-favorite Nars Orgasm Blush, but it's pinker (less peach) in tone. It's a lovely shade that I can see both cool and skin tones enjoying all year round. The consistency is silky smooth and it's very pigmented. Included with the blush is a soft, flat brush that actually works really well. It's a bit fluffier than my brush from Benefit Hoola and applies the product evenly.

Don't you love 2-in-1 products? The Lorac Tantalizer Highlighter & Matte Bronzer Duo ($32) is a warm matte bronzer and champagne-pink highligher all in one convenient compact. I've been on the lookout for my perfect matte bronzer that isn't too cool toned (they have a tendency to look dirty/ashy on my skin) or too orange (have enough of those). The bronzer in here is a perfect golden bronze and is easily my current top pick for a matte bronzer. It works great as a contour, as well as all over the face for added warmth. The illuminator is sheer (no shimmer-bombs here) and incredibly soft. I like applying it across the highest points of my cheeks for added dimension and glow. It reminds me a bit of MAC Hush Cream Colour Base in powder form.

For a quick statement lip, try Mark Make it Rich Lip Color Crayon in the shade Peony ($11). It's a vivid, shimmery fuchsia - and because precision is a cinch with this crayon, lip liner isn't necessary! It's long-lasting on my lips, and even after most of it is gone, it leaves a pretty pink stain behind.



Transform your tired eyes with Almay Wake Up Eyeshadow + Primer ($8) in the shade Revive. This little pocket-palette contains a super creamy peach primer, glistening pastel green, shimmery gold and a soft, warm brown that is a perfect combination for the daytime.

Add a bit more to the look by adding Almay Wake Up Eyeliner + Highlighter ($8) to the eyes. Simply line the top and bottom lashline and use the highlighter to highlight the corners of the eyes and brow bone. I'm in love with the highlight. It's such a gorgeous shimmery pale gold - I don't own anything like it!

Almay Wake Up Liquid Makeup ($12) is Almay's newest foundation. It's a creamy and lightweight foundation with a natural luminous finish. It's fairly sheer, but buildable for those whose main focus is evening out the skintone.

Toss all of your goodies in your Modella Makeup Bag ($3) and you're good to go! I love the Modella makeup bags. They are cheap (so they can be replaced frequently) and often come in cute patterns!

LaFace is a brand I'm not familiar with, but I was super excited to try the LaFace Laboratories PUR Purifying Facial Wash ($48). It's a gentle, foaming cleanser that thoroughly cleanses the skin, leaving the face feeling moisturized and refreshed. I can't argue with that - I've been using it in the shower daily to remove my makeup, and it works great! It even takes off my hard to remove mascara without burning my eyes.

I've given Ojon Super Sleek Restorative Blowout Perfector ($25) a try and apply a small amount in my palms and work it though my hair before blow-drying for a smoother, less frizzy do. It's actually heat-activated, making the hair feel softer and more manageable.

Fall is in the air with Orly Smolder Nail Lacquer ($5) in the shade Smolder. Smolder is one of the (6) shades launched in Orly's Fired Up Fall 2012 Collection. It's a beautiful deep cranberry-wine shimmer, that screams Autumn is almost here! Are you fired up yet?

I may not have wrinkles but I sure love a good moisturizer. Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase Wrinkle Repair Day & Night Cream ($24.97) is a more budget-friendly line of Kinerase products available at your local Walmart. Fabulous for dry skin, this super light and emollient cream blends like butter into my skin and leaves my skin feeling supple and baby soft. It also works great as a primer as it's light and doesn't leave a greasy residue behind.

I can't help but think of some seriously decadent chocolate cake when I'm applying Juara Invigorating Coffee Scrub ($37) to my body. Aside from it's delectable smell, it's uber fun to apply. It's very grainy, so expect to have some seriously soft skin afterward. I like applying this all over my body, rubbing in circular motions. It's fantastic to pop those stubborn ingrown hairs, remove an old faux tan, and to rid your body of lifeless dull skin. I even like using it on my face (not rubbing hard) and I can't help but touch my face for the rest of the night. Hands down my favorite scrub ever. It's currently for sale on Hautelook.

My Mom and I both are already big fans of Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Body Lotion ($11) for the past several months and I use it daily on my arms to keep them silky smooth. I'm just about through with my bottle, so I'm thrilled to have another! Really good stuff. (Click here for $1 off coupon)

Lastly, I've been using Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner ($5 each) contain natural almond and coconut oils to replenish the essential nutrients in your hair. I'm especially loving the conditioner, as it makes my hair so much softer. I like to work it through my hair with a wide-tooth comb, let it sit for a few minutes and rinse with cool water. I'm left with soft, shiny hair.

Swathes from left to right: Benefit Bella Bamba, Lorac Tantalizer Highlighter and Matte Bronzer Duo, Almay Wake Up Eyeliner and Highlighter, Almay #010 Revive Wake Up Eyeshadow + Primer in and Mark Peony Make it Rich Lip Color Crayon.


Have you tried any of these products? 

Would you like separate reviews for any of these products?

Let me know in the comments! :)

Glam Beauty Board

12 comments:

  1. I deff want to be part of this board :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foundation Review Please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do a separate review of the Almay wake up foundation! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooh what a box full of goodies! I'm really intrigued by the coffee scrub. It's like a pot of black lava goodness except it's from one of my fav ingredients ever- coffee! Review on the Mark lip crayon pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're so lucky you have normal skin and can try so many new things all the time! My skin would hate me :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a affordable product and Wow what a box full of goodies! click here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work on this post! I really like the way you delivered your qualitative facts and how you made this fascinating and effortless to realize. Thank you!!
    direct payday lenders

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, just essential you to know I have added your site to my Google bookmarks due to your latest and inspiring information. automobile insurance

    ReplyDelete
  10. The writer understand better the mind of people what they want to learn through their writing therefore this article is outstanding. Thanks!!!cheap life insurance

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for your sharing, I appreciate this. keep up the good work proessaywriting.com

    ReplyDelete