Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Habitual Organic Skincare Lip Balms Review!

Habitual Organic Skincare Lip Balms

Habitual Organic Skincare is an Etsy shop based on the idea that beauty products should have a conscience. The Habitual name speaks to the presence of beauty habits and skincare rituals in everyday life and how these habits and rituals leave an imprint on our bodies, minds, and the environment. Habitual products are designed to be used without worry or concern for unhealthy ingredients. Habitual provides all of the good skin nourishing effects without any of the bad ingredients. The ingredients are 100% natural and the products are handmade!

Habitual Organic Skincare just recently launched some lip balms are available in a tube ($4) or a pot ($5) with a variety of scents including: Honey Bee, Mint Chocolate, Vanilla, Lemon Coconut, Unscented, Orange, Grapefruit, and Spearmint.

I've tried the Lemon Coconut Lip Tube and Mint Chocolate Lip Pot and I love both!


The Lemon Coconut Lip Tube has the sweet smell of lemon with a hint of coconut. The smell is faint (reminds me of a lemon scone - yum!) and isn't at all overbearing or artificial.

Once applied to my lips, within minutes my dryness has softened, and my lips feel quenched. It also doesn't seem to only sit on the surface of my lips like some chapsticks tend to do, but the moisture seeps into my lips as well. It seems to last a while on my lips too. Even after a few hours, it's still there.

As for the Mint Chocolate Lip Pot, I like it as well. It smells like peppermint bark and feels extra cooling on the lips (hi, peppermint oil!). It's very thin, so it works great as a base for lipstick. If you're looking for lots of moisture, you might want to apply several layers. Even after several layers, it will never feel thick or heavy on the lips.

From the two products, I like the Lemon Coconut Lip Tube better. It seems to soften my avidly dry lips better, and I prefer a tube for convenience.

Ingredients: Organic Almond Oil, Organic Olive Oil, Organic Cocoa Butter, Beeswax, Vitamin E Oil, & Organic PEPPERMINT Essential Oil

Ingredients: Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Lemon Essential Oil, Beeswax.

Are there any Etsy fanatics out there? Any favorite shops? Do share!

The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Yummy soft scents that aren't overpowering
  • Handmade
  • 100% Natural
  • Organic Ingredients
  • Keeps my lips moisturized - for my frequent chapped lips, the lip tube works better for me
  • Affordable
Cons:
  • No cons!
Price: $4-$5, Etsy.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, will these be available in store any time soon? They look really nice :)

    http://shelovesthefinerthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look nice! I'm interested in the Vanilla lipbalm stick for sure! I wonder if they'll be expanding the product line beyond lip products soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Organic Skincare.Really looking very nice.These sound like great products.Well done for all your hard work in providing this high quality blog.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the presentation of the "habitual" product, it's got a catchy name and just dawned on me how much it makes sense (habitual use of the product).
    Any time it's organic means it's worry-free! I'd love for you to maybe review Beyond Organic's skin care, they have lip balms as well: Beyond Organic Skin Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. The post is giving information about habitual organc skin care lip blams. Good post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Organic ingredients - it's good.

    ReplyDelete