Monday, August 13, 2012

Nars Lokoum Cream Blush Review, Photos and Swatches!

nars lokoum cream blush

Nars Lokoum Cream Blush

Nars Lokoum Cream Blush ($28) is described as a warm, rose coral with shimmer. Depending on your skintone, it may show up differently    on my skin, the color shows up as a warm, copper-coral. Somewhat similar to MAC Gingerly or Coppertone. Although it looks raspberry toned in the pan, it doesn't read the same on my cheeks, which could be due to the warm yellow tones in my skin.

Nars Cream blush has a soft, velvety texture and blends to a powdery finish. I'm happy to finally say that I own a cream blush from Nars, considering I've loved their powder blushes for a long time and own several shades. For those who find cream blush intimidating, Nars is a nice place to start as the formula isn't thick, sticky/tacky, or greasy. It's very easy to work with and the color can be built up easily. The fingers can be used, but with a shade as pigmented as Lokoum, I find that a stippling brush works best. MAC #131 brush is my favorite brush for most cream blushes, but it's sadly only a limited edition brush. Any duo-fiber brush should work just as well.

Considering this shade in particular contains shimmer, I was hoping for it to make my cheeks somewhat dewy/glowy (like Becca Frangipani Cream Blush    my fav!) but I didn't really get enough of the glow I wanted. This may not bother many, as most of us try to avoid anything remotely shimmery.

nars lokoum cream blush

nars lokoum


nars lokoum cream blush

nars lokoum cream blush

nars lokoum cream blush

nars lokoum swatch

nars lokoum cream blush swatches
Swatches from left to right: Nars Lokoum Cream Blush, MAC Pleasureful Blushcreme (discontinued), MAC Gingerly Blush and Nars Lokoum Cream Blush blended. 

Although I thought Lokoum looked similar to many of my blushes, when I swatched them, I didn't get any exact matches. MAC Pleasureful is similar, but deeper and less coral. Gingerly is more orange brown, less red. It probably strikes the most resemblance to MAC Margin Blush (not pictured), but less shimmery/frosty.

Overall, I like the formula of the blush, but I'm not 100% sold on Lokoum. I originally thought it was going to be more raspberry toned (which is a very flattering color on me) but it's a standard red-coral, which flatters my medium skintone as well, but it's nothing that I find very unique. It does lightly sparkle on my cheeks, but I was expecting more of a dewy-glow, which is something I expect with a cream blush. It's still a nice product overall, and I would try other shades. I've had my eyes on Penny Lane for ages. If you don't own a shade like this, it may be something you'd really enjoy.

The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Gives the cheeks a natural, sun-kissed look. 
  • Pigmented formula.
  • Satin texture that is easy to blend.
  • Wears well throughout the day without feeling sticky, tacky or greasy. 
  • Layers well with powder blushes.
Cons:
  • Doesn't leave my cheeks looking dewy and fresh like most cream blushes - it has a powder finish. (this can be a pro or con based on your preference)
  • The lasting power isn't bad, but it has mostly faded by the end of the day.
Price: $28, Nars.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Natty, I love your blog! Great review. I'd love to see what you think of Penny Lane. I too have been wanting to try it! It looks like it'd be the perfect every day neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out DuWop's Angel Washes. I love layering them with cream blushes with this type of finish. I think glowy dewy cheeks are so pretty as well. I've always wanted to test out Cactus Flower and Enchanted. I love NARS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty color...but cream blush is always a no no for me because they don't last long as powders...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never Nars makeup but I might go try it out : )

    xoxo aley

    http://a-hearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. DAMN, that is a blush I would love to have... I already have enough NARS blushes... Must... Resist...

    http://3girlsblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is cool.. However I love it when it will give me that dewy effect. Good review and Great blog Ms. Natty! Hope you could visit mine too!

    Blog about Travels, Food and Beauty
    http://lovingvanity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this I have quite a few powder blushers which are similar but not a cream, haven't tried any nars cream blushers either so this is first on my list. From your swatch it looks like a new HG everyday blush for me x

    ReplyDelete
  8. He I’m interested for web site like yours.. a friend of mine promised that he will design it for me but I need web hosting he told me..I was searching for web hosting on internet and I found www.elcoplanet.com as with best comments for their service.. I also found they offer cheapest prices for web hosting …But I can see they are selling reseller alpha reseller master reseller web hsotign and I don’t know what to chose.. Does any of you have ever heard about www.elcoplanet.com or maybe use their web hosting service ? Thanks

    ReplyDelete