Wednesday, August 8, 2012

MAC Costa Chic Lipstick Review, Photos and Swatches!

mac costa chic lipstick

MAC Costa Chic Lipstick Review

MAC Costa Chic Lipstick Review ($15) is described as a frosty, light coral. On the lips, it's very bright — borderline neon. I''m never really a fan of frost; especially in lipsticks, somehow I always feel like an overload of frost cheapens the product. I know many of us cringe at the thought of looking like we're rocking a trend from the past decade, but Costa Chic is an exception. It's one of the few frost finishes that I will wear — it looks fab when topped with a sheer pink lipgloss, and if you aren't feeling very daring, you can wear a similar coral (maybe MAC Everhip) and rub a little bit of Costa Chic on the middle of your bottom lip for some highlight and dimension.

I love mixing my bright corals with a pale shade such as MAC Myth Lipstick; it creates a bright, creamy, light watermelon pink. Love! You can really use any other shade, light pinks work well with it too!

mac costa chic lipstick

MAC Costa Chic on my lips.

Costa Chic is a great summer shade, and if you're a lover of Coral, this is a fun shade to have in your collection. Since I own so many corals, it's not particularly a must-have for me, but it's definitely a fun shade to have.

The frost formula of MAC isn't drying on my lips, but I find it to be slightly less moisturizing than the Lustre and Cremesheen formula. I find the Satin and Matte formula to be the most drying on my lips. 

mac costa chic lipstick

mac costa chic

mac costa chic swatch
MAC Costa Chic swatched on my hand.

Did any of you purchase anything from the MAC By Request Collection? I've been looking forward to purchasing Candy Yum Yum Lipstick since I heard news of the collection a couple months ago and I'm so bummed that I missed out on it!!! Candy Yum Yum and Moxie are currently sold out, and Rocker is still currently available.

The Round-Up
Pros:
  • A bold shade that is great for the summertime.
  • Opaque color.
  • Is a very versatile shade as it can easily be altered with other lipsticks to make the shade more wearable for daytime.
Cons:
  • Not very suitable for those who don't like bright lip colors, as Costa Chic is incredibly vibrant. Although it can be toned down easily with lighter lipsticks. 
  • Not very suitable for those who don't like frosty finishes. 
  • Can emphasize dryness and lip lines
Price: $15, MAC.

21 comments:

  1. Such a great summer colour, it looks almost neon on my screen. Looks lovely on you.

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful colour. I really like it :)
    think it would fit to green eyes nearly the best.
    Lovely Greats.

    http://extravaganzaworld.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh I want this lipstick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! been obsessed with coral lately. looks like it could be the one! thanks for your review gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikktichen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour of this lipstick is gorgeous. Im in love:)

    Sara xx
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks pretty ! Like it !

    http://christellegblog.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even know the By Request Collection launched lol I feel so out of the loop lately. Costa Chic looks amazing with your skintone

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely color on you, Natalie! This lipstick is on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every color you try looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tan looks amazing with this color

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since I have Vegas Volt and Ravishing....do I need this? ...Hng. It's so pretty. Sob. I can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to you I have been exploring peach and coral lip colors, and they are amazing! Have you tried Wet and Wild's Silk Finish in Sunset Peach? Also, if you try Lansinoh I'd love to see your review on it! I just love your blog! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this shade lipstick!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love corals! but I don't like frost finish :/
    mixing neon lippies with creamy nudes is a great tip, thanks!

    ReplyDelete