Monday, August 13, 2012

MAC Moth Brown Eyeshadow Review, Photos, Swatches!

mac moth brown eyeshadow

MAC Moth Brown Eyeshadow

MAC Moth Brown Eyeshdow ($15) is a beautiful metallic charcoal-taupe with a tinge of purple. Moth Brown was re-released in the MAC By Request Collection as it was a highly popular choice among voters. If you were hoping for a brown, you might be disappointed because Moth Brown most definitely isn't brown. From the looks of it, it looks similar to the ever-popular MAC Satin Taupe, but when swatched, Satin Taupe is much warmer and has more brown tones, whereas MAC Moth Brown is cool toned with more gray tones.

It's a really pretty shade and shines differently in all angles. It's a shade that will work well with all eye colors and skin tones and is subtle enough to be worn all over the lid for daily wear or amped up for a night time smokey eye.

The consistency is very smooth like a typical MAC Frost finish eyeshadow, easy to blend and has opaque pigmentation.

A must-have? It's definitely nice to have especially if you gravitate towards taupe shades, but don't kick yourself if you missed out on it.

mac moth brown eyeshadow

mac moth brown eyeshadow

mac moth brown eyeshadow

mac moth brown eyeshadow

mac moth brown eyeshadow

Do you own Moth Brown? Do you think it lives up to the hype? 

1 comment:

  1. Ahh yes, I have Moth Brown and I am so happy I do. I bought it when they had a repromote and have been loving it ever since! It appears purple-gray on me and looks great with my green/blue eyes. One of my favorite MAC eyeshadows! I recently came across your blog and I really enjoy reading it. I have learned so many things!

    ReplyDelete