Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Milani Sweet Rose Minerals Blush Review!

Milani Sweet Rose Minerals Blush

I recently picked up three of the four Milani Minerals Blushes once they were marked clearance (75% off) at CVS. (View the post here, with swatches) Well, a couple of weeks ago, I walked into another CVS and noticed they still had several of the clearance products without clearance tags. So, I scanned them, and sure enough they were 75% off. I grabbed a couple of powders, a bronzer and the only blush I didn't purchase prior; Sweet Rose.

Sweet Rose is a dusty plummy-pink with rosy undertones. It's a very natural, every-day kind of color that won't clash with most of your makeup looks. I initially skipped purchasing this blush at first because I figured the purple tone would make me look ashy. But, I was very wrong. You don't see much red in the pan, but once the color hits my cheeks, it mimics the rosy hue my cheeks would turn after a jog.

All of the shades in this range are pretty pigmented, especially Mai-Tai and Sunset Beach, and I expected the same from Sweet Rose, but it's actually a little less pigmented with one tap of the brush. It doesn't lack in pigmentation overall - it does pack a good amount of color, and is very buildable. It's just not one of those blushes you have to be nervous about over-doing.

It's my favorite blush from the range, as I easily favor shades that can be worn the most often.

Milani puts emphasis that this blush is talc-free and non-irritating. So for those sensitive to talc, this may be a range to look into. (For the full ingredient list, scroll down to the end of the review.)

Milani Sweet Rose Minerals Blush

READ MORE!
I'm not too crazy about the packaging - it's a little bulky and I notice with many Milani products, the words printed on the plastic lid fade/chip off shortly after using the product on a regular basis. It does have a mirror, which is wonderful for touch-ups. There is also a brush, which I don't find useful at all. It's too scratchy and doesn't yield even application. Most brushes included in drugstore products don't work well anyway, so I wouldn't hold it against this product.

Here's a quick swatch of the color across my fingers.

And, here's what a light dusting of Sweet Rose looks like on my cheeks. I notice that when I wear this blush without foundation, the color is a little redder/rosier.

I thought it may compare to MAC Blushbaby Powder Blush, but upon closer inspection, Blushbaby is much warmer and ruddy, whereas Sweet Rose is pinker.


I've looked over several reviews for this blush, and it appears to work well for most skintones from light to dark.

I believe Milani is discontinuing this line of blushes, so it may become hard to find with time, but if you do come across this blush on Clearance, and are looking for a natural, rosy blush, this is a pretty good one. I only paid about $2 for this blush, and I'd say it's totally worth it.

Ingredients: Mica, Kaolin, Squakane, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Potassium Sorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tourmaline, Malachite Extract. +/- MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI42090).

Price: Around $2 on Clearance at CVS, but can be found at various online retailers, such as Cherryculture for about $6.

15 comments:

  1. I love when you do posts like this! I will be making a pit stop to CVS today! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a lovely blush! I've been meaning to try out Milani products and will have to hit up a CVS the next time I'm in the States to look for this great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my go to blush for natural days. My lid has almost totally worn off which does bother me but the actual blush is fabulous. I always toss the lil brush and glue compacts like these shut, I hate how they flip open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the eyeshadow on your eyes, what have you used

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet pink rose! Thanks for the info on talc; I didn't know that caused sensitivity issues--- which is helpful to know since most blushes are hard for me to wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so nice on you and really suits your skin tone.

    Check my blog out please
    www.randomprettysomethings.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a Milani blush -- Luminous. I like it but h/e blushes are better. I have admired & read your blog a while now but this is my first comment =)

    brfreddy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope they are not discontinuing them. I really like this range.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I'm going to have to check out my CVS!

    http://beautyonthedaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to see you review their new baked blush and bronzer. I trust your photos and reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beware of magnesium aluminum silicate in the powder. You skin absorbs the aluminum and will stay in your system. Excess aluminum is not healthy for the body.

    ReplyDelete