Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss in Bubble Babe, Super Girl and Nude Candy.

Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss

I've purchased Essence's XXXL Shine Lipgloss in the past, and I was pretty impressed. I can't really call it a drugstore brand, because in the USA, it's only available in ULTA, but it's one of my favorite bargain brands for lip products. (*edit - there may be other locations depending on your area. The location finder on the Essence website only shows results for those living in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. I have only seen Essence at ULTA in my area.)

Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss is available in twelve (12) shades: 01 Pure Chic, 03 Timeless Beauty, 04 Rising Star, 05 Super Girl, 07 Big Night Out, 08 Glamour to Go, 09 Party Connection, 14 Bubble Babe, 15 True Love, 17 Fabulous Fuschia, 18 Sparkling Papaya and 19 Nude Candy.

Super Girl is a very sheer watermelon pink with bright pink shimmer.
Bubble Babe is a very sheer, cool cotton candy pink with cool pink and white shimmer.
Nude Candy is a creamy pale pink, reminiscent of Nars Turkish Delight Lipgloss. The color applies fairly opaque in comparison to the other two shades.

Super Girl and Bubble Babe work best applied over a lipstick to add a little bit of glossy shine, as alone, they don't provide much color.

One of my favorite things about the XXXL Shine Lipgloss, is the brush design. It's not your average sponge or doe-foot applicator. It's longer, and flatter than your standard doe-foot. What's nice about the shape is that the applicator picks up the perfect amount of product, and in one sweep it applies the product evenly across your lips. You'll rarely ever have to double dip.


READ MORE!


I also think the packaging is pretty nice. The tubes remind me a bit of MAC Dazzleglasses/Cremesheen Glass or NYX Round Lipglosses. With inexpensive brands, the packaging is sometimes a sore thumb, but I really like these.


The formula is creamy (no stickiness!), and feels great on the lips. Even with the glittery shades, they don't feel gritty on the lips.

From left to right: Nude Candy, Super Girl and Bubble Babe.

Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss can be purchased at ULTA for $1.99.

29 comments:

  1. Wish I could appreciate Essence and their steals but I just can't get passed some of their "cheap" smelling lipsticks/gloss. Womp Womp. great review and pics!!! -Leslie http://skinporefection.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some lip products that bother me, but I don't have a problem with Essence. NYX on the other hand is another story. I don't know why brands even add fragrance!

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, you know what smell I cannot stand, the loreal color riche lipsticks! Too powdery-scented.

      iff

      Delete
    3. OMG yes! Those are AWFUL! I'm not real picky with scents, but I will never buy a Loreal lipstick because of that scent. I remember that scent from when I was a little kid digging through my mom's makeup. lol I don't know why they haven't changed it since then. The Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks have a similar scent.

      Delete
  2. Oh how I wish I had an Ulta near me. Nude candy looks beautiful.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nude Candy is really nice. It's just that light pink that everyone loves for a steal! I love MAC Florabundance, but I don't think it's unique enough to pay that price for a lipgloss. I'm happy I found this one.

      Delete
  3. Hi doll! Love your pictures!

    herdollface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colors! I am loving Nude Candy....Check Fred Meyers too. Mine carries essence so I am sure more do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, thanks for letting us know about these. I think that applicator is like NYC glosses and I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Very similar wand to the NYC Liquid Lipshine Gloss. I love them!

      Delete
  6. I thought Essence was always sold at Walmart for some reason. I want Bubble Bath just cause of the name lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you're thinking about Essence of Beauty? (But that's actually at CVS.. Lol) Originally I thought there was some type of connection, but it turns out there isn't. haha, Bubble Bath is totally a cute name.

      Delete
    2. Gah Bubble Babe I meant. I keep getting it mixed up!

      Delete
  7. I'll have to look into this brand as I've never heard of it before. They look lovely - great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these! I want to get some of their lipsticks too! There are a few colors I want to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nude Candy!! Gorgeous!
    I want it now! It reminds me of a MAC Cremesheen lipgloss which I love but is almost finished and wanted to repurchase but I will be buying this instead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Nude candy is an adorable color!! Love it.i need to pick some up!

    Check out my blog,I'm pretty new and hosting a little giveaway!

    Jeanicewebb.blogspot.com

    Love your blog! It's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the nude candy is absolutely gorgeous :))

    if any of you wants to win some beauty products, I am inviting you to my blog http://emilys-beauty.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow all three look gorgeous! Initially Nude Candy looked the best, but now I can't decide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are very pretty:) But i feel like the look sticky , although they are creamy as you mentioned

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've convinced me to try these :) VEEEEERY pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Essence is supposed to be available in Shoppers in Canada but I still can't find them around here, ARGH! I sooooo want a lipstick, and you make me lust after that Nude Candy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just hauled a BUNCH of stuff by Essence at Fred Meyer! I picked up one of their XXXL glosses and am in love with it. I'll have to pick up a few more the next time I'm at Fred Meyer :)

    ReplyDelete