Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A few products that I've been using a lot of lately.

It seems summer has come early this year and even though I'm definitely not prepared, at least my makeup bag is!

When it's hot out, I like to keep my makeup a little more minimal for the daytime. A good foundation with SPF, a light bronzer for a sunkissed glow, an illuminator to make your cheekbones glisten in the sun, a natural pink/coral blush and a little bit of mascara and lip gloss.


Shiseido Sun Protection Foundation - I've been curious about this foundation for years. I remember checking it out a couple years back and I wasn't able to find a good color match for my tan skintone. After seeing Fleur's recent YouTube video, it reminded me how much I've wanted to try it, and the fact that since I hardly ever tan anymore, I'd be able to find a good color match.

I did find a good color match and I've been using it for about a week now. I'm still not ready to give my full thoughts about it yet - all I can say is that I expected to like it a little more than I do at this moment. I am enjoying the high SPF and the lightweight feel, especially since I've been exfoliating on the regular and it's been so hot out! My full review will come soon!

MAC Prolongwear Concealer - Medium coverage with all day, no-budge lasting power. I love wearing it alone or mixed with other concealers.

Chanel Poudre Universelle Compact - I've been using this to set my makeup, and I've been really liking it. I really don't like a matte finish, but I still like to lightly set my makeup to avoid any excess shine. This powder doesn't leave my face looking like a powderpuff, and it doesn't flatten the look of my liquid foundation. It leaves a very nice natural finish, while erasing any shine.

Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel/Bronze Universel - I think it's safe to say that if I had to toss all of my bronzers and only keep one, I'd keep my Chanel Bronze Universel. I never thought I'd hit pan, but after three years, I finally did and I'm becoming so anxious to purchase another! I'm so surprised that it's never dried up, and still has it's original smell. It's definitely a good investment. On days where I'm not using this, I'm using Becca Flamenco. They're both light but buildable, and look very natural on my light-medium skin.

Stila Convertible Color in Gerbera - How come no one ever talks about these? I've never tried any of these prior, but I thought Gerbera would be the perfect shade of blush for the summer. All of the pinky-coral blushes I own look alike once applied to my cheeks, but this one really stands out from the rest. It's a light, warm peachy-pink that looks incredibly fresh and natural on the cheeks.

Dior Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond - I own a ton of highlighters, but Amber Diamond is usually my highlighter of choice because of how natural it looks on the cheeks. It gives just the right amount of sheen without being overdone. I've also been using TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer on days where I want something a little more noticeable.

Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara - An old favorite. I know that when I'm wearing lash blast, I'll never have to check the mirror throughout the day for smudges. It stays put all day with no transfer - even through heat and sweat.

NYX Megashine Lipgloss in Nude Peach - Although I'm not really keen on the cherry cough syrup scent of these lipglosses, they sure have some great colors. Nude Peach is a glossy coral-pink that looks great alone or paired with any coral or pink lipstick.

What products have you been finding yourself using a lot of lately? Is your makeup bag starting to look summery?

31 comments:

  1. Do you prefer MAC Prolongwear concealer or MUFE Full Cover for dark circles under the eyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the coverage of MUFE Full Cover as it's a bit heavier, but I prefer MAC Prolongwear overall. I like the texture of Prolongwear a little more, and throughout the day it doesn't budge. One thing I don't like about MUFE Full Cover is that after several hours, it settles weird and sometimes causes my eye makeup to transfer under my eyes.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Natalie!
      I love your blog so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Amber Diamond is my go-to highlighter :) I haven't stumbled across anything I like better than that one! Have you ever tried the Becca highlighter? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've tried so many and Amber Diamond does it the best for me. The pressed or loose Becca powders? Well, regardless I haven't tried either but have been curious for a while! Have you? If so, any you'd recommend?

      Delete
    2. You should try Estee Lauder's 5 tone shimmer in bronze! I've been using it more than my Amber Diamond!

      Delete
  3. I'm planning to purchase the chanel bronzer when i go to Vegas( hoping it'll be at the duty free airport ) : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dior highlighter is just gorgeous :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dior Amber Diamond and Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel great products but pricey :D


    http://lenna8.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What shade are you in shiseido liquid foundation?
    I'm really curious to try it too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently I'm using SP30, which is very light. It's probably around MAC NC20. I compared the three lightest shades and 30 contained the most yellow. SP40 would probably have worked too as it's closer to NC20-25. It only goes up to SP70, which is around a MAC NC40.

      Delete
  7. You always use some of the hottest stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been loving my Frat Boy blush by The Balm, it's the perfect peachy color!

    http://www.beauty-twist.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eyeballing Fray Boy! It's so pretty!

      Delete
  9. How beautiful , i love summer makeup !!

    www.glitterme-up.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice list! What brush do you use for the Chanel bronzer? I tried using MAC 109 but it sheds like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first bought it I used a MAC 168 which works well, but it also sheds (not as bad as the 109 though). I always make sure now to use synthetic bristle brushes - and no shedding! My favorite brush to use is a Coastal Scents Tapered Duo Fiber Brush (all synthetic) but it's been discontinued. I've actually been kind of eyeballing the Real Techniques Core Set because I know the brush shown on the far left in the photo would work perfectly! (http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2229998&productId=xlsImpprod3220069&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=18top50giftswk442011&categoryId=cat80088%20cat80084) Try any synthetic blush or contour brush.

      Delete
  11. I have bad dark circles. Which do you recommend: MAC Prolongwear Concealer or Studio Finish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a fuller, opaque coverage, I'd say Studio Finish in the NW range. The peachiness counteracts darkness very well.

      Delete
  12. I actually cringed when I read cherry cough syrup, haha. HATE THAT STUFF. LOATHE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know! I can't bring myself to understand WHY they would use that scent in such a good range of lipglosses. I tolerate it because of the awesome selection of colors, but it does turn me off a bit.

      Delete
  13. that dior shimmer powder looks gorgeous!!!!

    http://www.hellomissniki.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you hit pan on Chanel Bronze Universel! That's quite an accomplishment! Haha! :D

    Mine doesn't even have a dent in it! I think I'll pull it out and start using it more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the packaging of that foundation, the blue is so summery. I really love NYX Crystal Soda and NARS Taj Mahal for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you apply the foundation with a brush? I need something like that for the summer.

    xo Jenn

    imperfection-isbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh these are fantastic products ,Cooooll ,best cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got a sample of that Shiseido foundation after seeing Fleur's video. I really liked the feel of the foundation and it sinks into the skin really well. Unfortunately none of the colors truly matched me. They gave me 2 shades to sample and one is slightly pink and just a bit light and the other is pretty close to my shade but looks a tad too orange. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are some great products. I'm so excited for corals and bronzers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Someone else just mentioned that NYX lipgloss today in a video I saw. I've never owned a NYX gloss. Guess I'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gonna sound so sill but I think the foundation is so cute in its little blue packaging. I always think it would look good in my handbag and I always see it and debate getting it. Am curious to hear what you think when you wear it a bit more. Ive never been that blows away by any of their stuff!! xx

    ReplyDelete