Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chanel Blush Horizon De Chanel Soft Glow Blush Review!

chanel blush horizon soft glow blush

Chanel Blush Horizon De Chanel

Chanel Blush Horizon De Chanel was the blush released with Chanel's Spring 2012 collection. Originally, I wasn't interesting in much from the collection other than the Glossimer (Bagatelle), which I posed about earlier last month. But my recent trip to the Chanel counter, the lovely sales associate was rocking this color on her cheeks (heavily, but very tasteful) and it looked amazing on her. For reference, she has a medium-tan complexion, with blonde hair and blue eyes and it looked like a very vibrant, warm pink. Pretty similar to Benefit Bella Bamba - unfortunately I don't own it to compare side-by-side, but one of my favorite Sephora SA's is always wearing Bella Bamba and it looks like a similar, vibrant warm pink. 

Anyhow, after doing some swatching, the color really grew on me. I can't say the overall color is that unique (unique enough to pay $60), but it is really beautiful and at that moment, I had to have it. 

Chanel Blush Horizon De Chanel contains stripes of warm pink, white, plum and peach-coral pink. When you swipe all of the shades together, you'll get a beautiful warm, peachy-pink with a glowy sheen.

If you'd like a more pink look, you can stick to using the top half of the blush, or for a more peach look, you can use the bottom half.

According to Chanel:
» To create freshness, use all of the blush shades as a harmony and sculpt your face using the beveled brush.
» For a healthy look, apply only the pink shade to the upper cheekbones and temples.
» For a glowing complexion, use the sun-kissed effect of a cloud of peach.


chanel blush horizon de chanel review
Chanel Blush Horizon De Chanel

Chanel Blush Horizon De Chanel

Chanel Blush Horizon
Chanel Blush Horizon De Chanel

I've only used this blush a couple of times so far, but when I've used it, I used all of the shades at once. And like I said, although it's not so unique (there are a million warm, pink-coral blushes out there), the finish of this blush is one of the things that makes this blush so beautiful. It looks very soft and luminous without looking shimmery or frosty - just a very healthy natural glow.

Chanel Blush Horizon De Chanel Swatch

It's suppose to be more of a "highlighting" blush, so it's not really meant to deliver full-on-color, but nevertheless, it is pigmented, and very buildable. I think it will work well on a variety of skintones - light, medium and medium-dark.

The lasting power isn't too bad, I've never really considered Chanel Blushes long lasting - this blush starts to fade on me after 5-6 hours. 

I forgot to mention the blush does come with a brush. It's fairly flat and angled, so if you want to concentrate on certain stripes of color, you can really get specific with the brush. The bristles are soft, and it feels nice on the skin. But because there is no compartment for the brush, I doubt I'll be carrying it with me, or using it much. It does have a separate velvet pouch though, if you do want to carry it for travel. 

This blush is only around for a limited time, so if you're interested, definitely don't wait on it and call your local Chanel counter! It's definitely pricey at $58, but there is a very fair amount of product. This blush weighs in at .53 oz/15 g, which is pretty large for a blush.

MAC Blush has .21 oz/6g of product for $20
(no mirror or brush, crappy packaging)

Nars Blush has .16 oz/4.8g of product for $28.
(decent packaging - but gets very dirty, has a mirror, no brush)

Bobbi Brown has .13 oz/3.6g of product for $24.
(decent packaging, no mirror or brush)

It's pretty much known that you don't get much for what you pay for when you purchase a Bobbi Brown or Nars product, but it seems easier to shovel out $25 as opposed to over double that, but value-wise, it's a few dollars more than MAC, and worth it in the long-run if it's a blush you could see yourself using often.

38 comments:

  1. You look beautiful and make me want to go back for this blusher, even though I can't afford it!

    Can I ask what you're wearing on your eyes? It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!! I know, it is incredibly expensive. I had to justify it somehow.. LOL But it is a good value if you look at it in whole. Of course I'll never end up finishing it anyway in 10 years. lol

      I'm wearing Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, and over it, I applied Chanel Illusion Dombre in Epatant. I also added a little Nars Mekong (dark brown) in my crease - which you can't tell much in the photo.. the bright lighting kind of washed it out. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Natalie,
      what are you wearing on your lips?
      Looks great!

      Delete
  2. very pretty blush Natty. xoxo Marie

    http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Lmao! Plain and simple, huh??

      Delete
    2. haha it didn't take much. This is probably my have blush I've ever seen on you.

      Delete
  4. Wow... it looks great!!! Now I don't feel after purchasing it yesterday... I need to try it!!!!

    <a href="http://jaguayanflawer.blogspot.com/>Rushing Glam</a>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks seriously amazing! BUT... You make everything look beautiful Natty! It's not fair for the rest of us :(
    Hope you're having a great weekend pretty!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS... Eye make up tutorial please :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow the colours in this are so beautiful :) It really suits you

    Beautiful Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend at work bought this recently and I love it - such cute packaging. Looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of the things I decided to pass up (I picked up a few lippies and an eye quad) but it does look beautiful on! When you look at the price of a product like this CHANEL blush it seems expensive, but you get SO much product! And the packaging and everything makes it totally worth it.. I like how you listed out the other brands and what you get for the money you spend on them.
    It's great when someone else justifies my obsession with CHANEL =)
    xx
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your like the prettiest girl ever. Your skintone is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty!!! :)

    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that blush looks amazing , dont think i could fork out that kind of cash on it though :(

    http://looksleeknotcheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That blush is gorgeous! You look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anything that makes your cheeks look that pretty is worth the money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I couldn't resist this blush when I saw it at the counter :) I have absolutely no regrets in shelling out the $$$ this blush is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What eyeshadow are you wearing? It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This color looks great on you! I will definitely have to check it out, thanks for the review!

    http://beauty-twist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that colour of it, and I'm looking for something like this blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowza- It looks amazing on you. Can you believe that I got this last thursday and it's still in the bag! I haven't touched it. What is wrong with me!!? I got in the same shopping event the two MSFs by mac and one of the blushes...mmm addicted to cheek products? Me? naaaa.
    Have a fab week!!!! :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this blush! I has become one of my favorite, the tone are amazing!!! Chanel has got a great tone this time! I love it! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it!

    You have a lovely blog!

    http://ourwalkingclosetssecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks so so gorgeous on you! I may have to get my hands on it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE!.....and what do you have on your eyes? The bronze color is gorgeous on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The blush looks beautiful on you natty so worth it! I love the eyeshadow too so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It may be pricey, but these things seem to last forever! I had a Clarins one that was similar and lasted me like a year! Well worth it me thinks, and this one looks great on you.

    xx

    http://somethinggirly-beautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Can you share what foundation you are using in this post?

    I am getting ready to turn 30 and am trying to find a good foundation. I am currently using Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk but would like to find something better!

    Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is just stunningly gorgeous, I'm sold as well!

    ReplyDelete
  29. For that price I honestly would have expected more wear time. However - I have to admit that it's a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's so pretty on you! I'd consider buying it if not for that price... A little too high for me right now, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete