Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wet n Wild Dollhouse Pink Mega Last Matte Lipstick Review, Photos and Swatches!

wet n wild dollhouse pink lipstick review

Wet n Wild #967 DollhousePink Mega Last Matte Lipstick

Last week I posted about one of the new Spring shades of Wet n Wild's Mega Last Matte Lipstick (Don't Blink Pink) and I loved it so much, that I decided to go back and try one of the other bright pinks that was released.

Dollhouse Pink is a very vibrant blue-based pink. It's a sister of MAC Pink Nouveau or Pink Friday, so if you've always been curious about trying one of those shades, this is a great alternative to play around with, since it's only a couple of dollars. It's slightly brighter than the two, but it can be tweaked a little bit.

Aside from the awesomly vibrant color, it's very pigmented and applies completely opaque. It has a matte finish, but it's not a dull matte (more of a satin).

It's definitely an in-your-face bright, but it can be toned down by applying a couple of dabs on your lips and blend with a clear lip gloss wand. It actually looks absolutely gorgeous that way, and probably the way I'd wear it the most.

Wet n Wild Dollhouse Pink Lipstick

Wet n Wild Dollhouse Pink Lipstick

Surprisingly enough, I don't own any bright, blue-based pinks (I owned a few before - MAC Pink Plaid, Melrose Mood and Snob - but swapped them away). I usually stay far from pink lipsticks that aren't warm-toned, but I've noticed lately that they suit me pretty well when I'm minus the faux tan.

Wet n Wild Dollhouse Pink Swatches

Hope you all had a great weekend!

xoxo

30 comments:

  1. this is a bright pink! absoloutely gorgeous but its a bit brave for me too.. haha maybe one day i think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color! suits you well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked a few of these up after seeing your review last week and I love them! They feel so nice on the lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous on you! Such a pretty shade xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 0_0 It's so pigmented, looks absolutely lush on you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. L.O.V.E! You seriously can pull off any shade. I love these bright shades, but hardly wear them since I always do a dramatic eye look when I go out.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been curious about the new shades. This one suits u well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty shade!!!


    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This shade is so pretty! You pull of brights so well!

    http://beauty-twist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this color I will have to try and find it. I used to love Wet N Wild lipstick in high school. The formula was so creamy and long lasting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This color is gorgeous on you! I love blue-toned pinks because of how white they make my teeth look :D Win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these! I'll be keeping an eye out for them!

    Anca
    http://coralista-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. super hott color!

    http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is really pink :)
    http://happychinadoll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great on you as usual =) Great color. I have been wanting to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. pretty!!! Don't Blink Pink looked really nice as well. I don't wear bold colors often but it doesn't hurt to have a couple cheapie ones so I don't feel bad for not using them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love, love that! Haven't ever seen a matte hot pink in the cheaper brands such as w&w. Haven't noticed this one anywhere yet, but I think I may even do an online search for it lol. : )

    www.glamatronic.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks gorgeous on you! I would note that Pink Friday is a little more blue than this one, more on the lavender side.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This lipstick looks so nice on you... I wish we got Wet n' Wild makeup in Ireland xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks like a really pretty pink - may have to try this out!

    fashionable footprints

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooookay. I'm gonna have to give this lipstick a second shot, because it totally didn't work for me the first time around. I'm gonna try the clear-gloss application & hope it turns out better. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, it looks so much bluer on your lips than in the bullet!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Natalie I was wondering if where you bought this lipstick from had more? I have searched high and low in my state(RI) and neighboring MA and can't find it anywhere :( I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and was wondering if you can across another one if you'd purchase for me and I could send payment to you through PayPal? Let me know.

    Thanks,
    Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Natalie I was wondering where did you get the black tins be hide the lip sticks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      I got them from TJMaxx by the office supplies & home decor.

      Delete
  25. this is such a pretty pink lipstick! wet n wild recently came to my country but they did not release this color :(

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete