Monday, February 20, 2012

MAC Insanely It Sheen Supreme Lipstick Review, Photos and Swatches!

mac insanely it sheen supreme

MAC Insanely It Sheen Supreme Lipstick

MAC Insanely It Sheen Supreme Lipstick ($16) is described on the MAC website as a watermelon pink. It's a pretty accurate description. It's a vivid, reddened-fuchsia pink with very fine hot pink/purple shimmer. The shimmer is so fine that you don't feel the grit on your lips. If you were a MAC fanatic in the Fafi days (2008), you might remember a gorgeous little lipglass called Totally It, this lipstick reminds me a lot of that color.

It seems like all I have been posting about lately is bright lipstick - but I swear, I think this is the last one for a while. Maybe.

Insanely It has been on my wishlist for a while now, and I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would.

You don't hear too much about the MAC Sheen Supreme line of lipsticks, and I'm not sure why, because they are amazing formulated lipsticks.

MAC Sheen Supremes are a hybrid between a lipgloss and lipstick. They have the pigment of a lipstick, are ultra-buttery upon application and have a finish of a lipgloss. I only owned one prior (Bare Again) and I have to say they are incredibly comfortable on the lips and they keep any dryness at bay.

mac insanely it sheen supreme

Here it is swatched on my hand. With one swipe, it has sheer coverage, but you can easily build the intensity to opaque coverage.
mac insanely it swatch

Here it is on my lips. I'll try incorporating a full-face shot when doing lip swatches in the future, but I've been sick for the past week and I wasn't wearing any makeup today. 
mac insanely it swatch

And a close-up so you can see the sparkles..
mac insanely it

Are you a fan of the Sheen Supremes? 

25 comments:

  1. I love this lipstick! I picked it up when MAC first launched the sheen supreme collection last spring. I wore it several times this past summer- it was perfect! Great review.

    http://missbrittanyboo.blogspot.com

    PS- I welcome bright lippie reviews! Bring 'em on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew of the sheen supreme lipsticks. They sound great though, do you know what the wear time is on these?

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks beautiful! I agree- bring on the bright lippies! I love brights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it looks on you lips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that shade is gorgeous... I want it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This color is gorgeous! I'm definitely picking this up!

    http://beauty-twist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow looks great, never really thought these would be all that good.

    Thanks

    xo Jenn

    imperfection-isbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOA! That is incredible. I need thiisss :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful color! I just bought a blush this color, so vibrant I love it.

    www.beautynthingsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I swear all lip colors look good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an amazing shade! Love it! Your lips always look so stunning in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely lipstick the colour and the texture to

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE Sheen Supreme lipsticks too and am always surprised why others don't!
    I have Gotta Dash and Bare Again and looks like I'll be picking up Insanely It soon!
    It looks gorgeous on you! I wish I had your lips!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW. I really need me one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Iv never really heard of them before but they look amazing!! Such a pretty colour :D

    Beautiful Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks stunning on you! Very pretty shade! I love how it'ts a lipstick mixed with a lipgloss!

    ReplyDelete
  17. vanilla scented lipstick by MAC- sign me up! and your lip shape is ridiculous, no fair- you are one lucky duck. this color looks amazing and so fun, looks like i'll be needing to add this my 100+ other lip colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Insanely it had too much blue for me, so I got Full Speed to be my bright pink shade. Man I own so many Sheen Supremes~ I love them but sometimes they get a little clumpy on me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks amazing on your lips! Actually sheen supreme lipsticks are my favorite from Mac. My favorite is Bare again , but this one goes on my wish list immediately :) I think it might look awesome on fair skin tones as well
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a beautiful colour! I am obsessed with bright lipsticks right now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've literally just caved now and bought this lipstick! Can't wait for it to arrive, the photographs you've included really helped me decide whether I'd like the colour or not. The sparkle is just lovely! :)

    http://lexiaa2202.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. are you using a lip liner with it? or is it just the lipstick

    ReplyDelete