Monday, February 13, 2012

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation Review!

chanel perfection lumiere foundation review

Chanel Perfection Lumiere is Chanel's newest foundation, which I believe launched this past September of 2011. It claims to be a long wearing and comfortable, will make your skin look fresh and flawless, yet very natural. It is said to be suitable for all skin types.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere is available in 20 shades: 
12 Beige Rose, 22 Beige Rose, 32 Beige Rose, 42 Beige Rose, 52 Beige Rose, 10 Beige, 20 Beige, 20 Beige, 40 Beige, 60 Beige, 24 Beige Ambre, 34 Beige Ambre, 44 Beige Ambre, 54 Beige Ambre, 64 Beige Ambre, 94 Ambre, 104 Ambre, 114 Ambre, 134 Ambre, 154 Ambre.

I have samples of a few different shades - some were pretty random, but the sales associate just grabbed a bunch. Both B10 and Beige Rose 12 work fine on my (no tan) MAC NC15 skintone. B20 is great for NC25, and B30 is a good NC30-35 match. **Many reviewers mentioned that they noticed oxidation (once dry, it turns darker), so definitely try a sample before purchasing. I didn't notice any oxidation with BR12, and slight oxidation with B10.
Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation Swatches
With it's long-wearing claims, I was very interested in giving this foundation a try. I picked up several samples over the past few months and I feel that I can now properly evaluate it.

The consistency of this foundation is lovely. It's very thin and lightweight (in a way, it reminds me of Vita Aqua, but slightly more condensed and less "airy"). I actually like applying this foundation with my fingers - which is a method I rarely ever use with any of my foundations, but it seems to work the best for maximum coverage. It smooths on my face with ease, without feeling thick or dry. It contains several silicones, so it smooths very nicely across my face without having to go back and forth to add additional product.

It has a fragrance to it (I know there are some people out there that despise fragrance cosmetics) I personally love products that contain fragrance, and this foundation is no exception. I only smell it upon application, but it seems to fade away within a few minutes.

It gives a very nice medium coverage that is buildable to cover blemishes and imperfections, while impressively looks very natural - like a second skin.

I love the way it looks right away, but after a few minutes it dries matte. I'm not a big fan of a matte finish, so to add a little bit of luminosity to my skin, I like to apply a moisturizer prior, and an illuminator after (such as Benefit High Beam). I don't really think it makes my skin look "radiant" like the claims, but once I add my setting powder, bronzer and blush, my skin looks pretty flawless.

I've worn this foundation completely solo and wasn't very impressed with the overall foundation or wear-time (very average with a little shine on my chin after a few hours). But, when I wore it with moisturized skin and buffed in a setting powder with a dense kabuki brush, the results were so much better. After 10 hours, my foundation is still perfectly in tact and it didn't at all become oily.

Although this is a pretty good foundation, I don't think it's something I'll be purchasing. I love almost everything about it, but I just don't like the finish. I prefer something that's a little more radiant, with a satiny finish.

This may be a foundation worth trying for you if you're looking for a lightweight, medium coverage, long wearing foundation with a matte finish.

The search will continue for me, though! :)

rimmel pink blush lipstick swatch
The lipstick I'm wearing by the way is Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in #006 Pink Blush. I've been wearing it a lot lately! It's just a really pretty bubblegum pink.

35 comments:

  1. Beige 20 looks to be my shade... matte and long lasting... oh how I hope it is so on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look insanely gorgeous here!! Hope you and George have a great Valentine's.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking beautiful as always hunnie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I use B30 and I completely adore this foundation. I love its matte finish since I have oily skin, satin or luminous finishes makes me feel like I'm oily -that happens with LM oil-free TM. By the way, I love your lip color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. that's too bad. the color looks great on you and the texture makes your skin even more flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about the finish. It is more matte than their Mat Lumiere. I hated it. I also found that it picked up on every piece of dry skin that I never knew I had (who knew?) I thought it was worse than drugstore foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven´t try this foundation but I heard it´s amazing! so I am so looking forward to try it someday! thanks for your opinion and the review! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to try out this foundation. Thanks for the swatches it's always easier when you see them. I think Beige Rose would match me perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice review! How do you think this foundation would be on sensitive skin?

    http://beauty-twist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You look flawless! I'm always searching after the perfect foundation, but I have not yet tried this one out. Will try to get a sample of it! Thanks for a great review!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  11. The finish of this is so beautiful and I looove that lip color on you

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love ur lips!!!!

    P.S: I posted pics of my new leopard booties on my blog today, go check them out!! <3

    http://hottheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lipstick looks gorgeous.. I've been following your blog religiously and you really do give best reviews. What I think would make it better is if you post pics with you with no make up on (or even just a little part of your face) so the readers can compare when you do have make up on; so we can see the actual difference visually. Just a little input :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. In your opinion, do you think it causes a white cast when you take pictures with flash? Because I would love to try it but I don't like foundations that give a white cast..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's only an SPF of 10, so it really shouldn't cause too much of a cast. Considering I'm the lighest shade, I looked pretty pale in photos, but I don't think it washed me out any further. Definitely pick up a sample before dropping $60!

      Delete
  15. Your lips look gorgeous!
    I have just found your blog and I love it! I've just added a new post, come have a look- it would mean so much!?

    vivalashoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. lafsdjflkasdf you are so beautiful! Had to say that.

    I don't know, I don't know! Although at the end you say you may not be purchasing, your review is just another reason why I want it. I'm in search of a really great foundation that performs very well. I actually prefer a more matte finish as my face, no matter what I do, maintains all its own shine. Also, because of the ever lovely Lisa Eldridge and her Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, I'm hoping that this foundation may tame its luminosity a bit but still let it peak through.

    Across the board Chanel foundations are quite liked. It'll come down to this or Vita Aqua for me! I need that "second skin" feel in my foundations. I'll have to grab a sample of this next time I'm at Nordstrom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW thank you!!!!

      I seriously don't know about this foundation! I've read so many reviews where people have stated that this is a very good foundation, but they are not "in love" with it. That's the best way I can put it as well! I like it, but I'm not in love with it. Considering it's so expensive, i'd rather invest in a foundation I'm going to really love.. I'd really like to try Guerlain Lingerie De Peau! :)

      Vita Aqua is a WONDERFUL foundation. It's so lightweight that I accidentally use a little too much every time I use it.. and considering you can't see how much is in the bottle, about 3 weeks after purchasing my bottle it started to feel empty.. so I freaked out and stopped using it for a while. LOL

      Chanel foundations are great though, I'm a big fan of Vitalumiere, Vitalumiere Aqua and their Double Perfection Powder Foundation.

      Delete
  17. wow ive heard such good reviews and my friend has this ad i ove the feel of it on the skin but never heard anything negative.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, first - that lipstick is adorable on you! Too cute! I'm pleasantly surprised to think that the darkest of your swatches might match me without a tan. I'll have to pick up a sample because I love the idea of a Chanel foundation~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Natty, what are you wearing on your bottom line of your eye??
    The purple looks so good with a pink lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's Urban Decay Ransom Eyeshadow. One of my favorite purples. :)

      Delete
  20. I have been eying this foundation for some time now, i have a few samples but i haven't try them. I like to buy and try:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this foundation so much but the price! Yes, it's amazing and even thru some tears (I'm so emotional lately) it stayed put! No smears or smudges! Wow! I'm still using my sample and debating on whether to return it or not.
    I definetly think if you're going to spurge on an item I should be oundation but....!
    That lippie looks great on you! I've been buying more Rimmel lipsticks as MAC is just tres expensive. My current fave is Airy Fairy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. gonna skip the pricey chanel foundation and grab myself that cheap rimmel lip color! it's gorgeous!!!

    i'm a mommy with a makeup problem...http://www.jennysuemakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely lipstick color! <3

    x

    www.cherryfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. hello, how do you know when the chanel mat lumiere foundation bottle is empty? It is so hard to tell from the bottle ....?? please email me purplerubies@gmail.com thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Naty,
    I'd like to know the shade you used for this look.

    ReplyDelete
  26. HOLA
    cual es de mayor cobertura y duracion?
    ysl touch eclat o perfeccion lumiere ?

    ReplyDelete
  27. HOLA natalie!! :)
    cual es para ti la base de mayor cobertura y duracion?
    ysl touch eclat ?o perfeccion lumiere ?
    besos
    valeria
    bs as argentina
    www.faceboock.com/vayvinka

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. hoy lo he probado
    nro 12
    pero no me duro nada
    que pudo pasar?
    sabes?
    gracias !!
    besos
    valeria
    bs as argentina
    www.faceboock.com/vayvinka

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've just bought this foundation and this review has really helped my understand the best way to get most out of it! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've had it and it was the worst foundation ever!

    ReplyDelete