Friday, February 17, 2012

MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj Lipstick Review with Photos & Comparisons!

MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick

When I got word that Nicki Minaj was coming out with another lipstick for MAC, I was really excited because I knew it was going to be something really bold and bright.

Ricky Martin teamed up with Nicki as well - which I thought was a pretty random collaboration from the get-go. Ricky, where have you been these past ten years?!

Anyways, when I saw the first swatches of Viva Glam Nicki early this month, I became incredibly excited and couldn't wait for it to launch. I added my name to the waiting list, and to my satisfaction, I was able to purchase Viva Glam Nicki online a day early.


Viva Glam Nicki is a bright yellow-toned pink. Finally a bright pink that isn't blue-toned, for us warm skinned ladies to wear without looking crazy!

Ricky launched a limited edition Viva Glam Lip Conditioner, which is a clear, emollient lip balm containing moisturizing oils, vitamin A & E, and my fav shea butter. It's a product that is around all year long, but the really awesome thing about this limited edition tube is that because it's "Viva Glam", every penny goes to a good cause. For more information, check out http://www.macaidsfund.org.

I only ended up purchasing Viva Glam Nicki, and I couldn't be happier with it. Even though I'm sure I'll never finish it, I'm already thinking about purchasing a back-up!

MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick

To my surprise, I really don't own anything too similar.

Here are a few swatches for color comparison:
Swatches from Left to Right: MAC Viva Glam Nicki, Milani Rosehip Lipstick, Illamasqua Fable Lipstick, Illamasqua Indulge Intense Lipgloss, Wet n' Wild 'Don't Blink Pink' Mega Last Matte Lipstick and Wet n' Wild Dollhouse Pink Mega Last Matte Lipstick.

You can see that Nicki is very yellow toned and how different it looks in comparison to a cool-toned bright pink (Wet n' Wild Dollhouse Pink).

It's definitely my definition of a hot pink, and is very flattering on my light to medium, warm skintone. Depending on your coloring and undertone, this color may appear differently on you. On some skintones it can appear like a bright coral pink and some the coral may not come out at all.

On my lips, it's a pretty true, bright pink.


I'll post a FOTD with it very soon!

Did any of you pick this lipstick up? What do you think of it??

42 comments:

  1. I also got the email to pre-order, and received it about a week before the launch. Such a gorgeous color! I'm in love. I also want a back up haha

    I posted about it here :)
    http://blog.missbrittanyboo.com/2012/02/mac-viva-glam-nicki-review-swatches.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shade looks amazing on you! I went ahead and ordered the "dupe" for it (Wet 'n Wild's Pinkerbell), so I hope it looks just as good as this does on you.

    I also recently purchased NYC's 2 in 1 color and the colors combined resemble a few swatches I've seen, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of this lipstick- maybe I should pick that one up when I'm in MAC next time. I'll definitely think about it;)
    Illamasqua Indulge looks great as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Illamasqua Indulge is a nice color too.

      Delete
  4. I ordered it online when it released and should get it in the mail tomorrow. I went to MAC today and saw it in person and fell in love. I was so floored to see that they were releasing a yellow-toned bright pink. Blue toned ones make my teeth look yellow (and they are quite white) and my face look F'd lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lipstick color looks fabulous. Reminds me of the hot pink from Lime Crime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so GORGEOUS!!!!
    I can't wait to get it, it isn't available yet by us.
    I find the collaboration with Ricky to be weird too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours of that lipstick ! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great comparisons! I think I'm really gonna like this lippie when I pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors but wow, they are bright. I don't think I could pull that off but it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lmao at ricky martin holding the lip conditioner, he looks uncomfy. the money being donated it was matters though. it looks like it'd be a hot color mixed with dollhouse pink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! i had no idea she was coming out with another lipstick either. This is a gorgeous color and looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to get the new Viva Glam! This is gorgeous!

    http://beauty-twist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want this even though I have WNW Pinkerbell (supposed dupe). It's for a good cause! I'm trying to be patient, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for doing a swatch! Since this lipstick is new, there's few swatches on the net and I was so curious about the color! It's similar to a coral lipstick that I have but more pinkish, which I LOVED <3 Guess I'm going to buy it ;D

    =*****

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sure looks like a unique pink color! I think most of my pink lipsticks are cool-toned.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol I didn't know who that was either. Very beautiful shade looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is such a pretty color! I can't wait to get mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow it looks great on your lips, I'm still working on building up the confidence and getting decent skin to wear bright colors like this

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, is there any lip color you couldn't pull off? I'm definitely gonna check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG that pink is gorgeous! I'm not sure if it would work on me but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your reviews are always the best! I cannot wait to try this in person....I'm light medium but have cool undertones so I'm kinda worried it may not work on me :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm honestly truly shocked by how much I like this. Given that pink lips aren't really my thing i'll have to jump on this before I change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you lips look amazing in this color, soooooo kissable :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE this color, it looks perfect for spring! you always inspire me to wear a bold lip color, they look so great on your skin tone :)

    www.beautynthingsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am still contemplating purchasing this lipstick. I have been saving my money and stalking the MAC website for when they restock the SHOP MAC lipsticks! I might just have to break down and buy this one though. It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow Illamasqua Fable looks so nice

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks beautiful on you! I didn't think it would look good on me, but after I got the email to get it a week early, I ordered it anyway! I'm glad I did, because I love it. I paired it with a dab of the Viva Glam Cyndi lipglass and it looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The lipstick looks very pretty on you.

    http://purejeanius.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. such a gorgeous colour and it suits you well!!

    another item added to the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is such a gorgeous color! I'm a bit iffy about how it would look on my skintone but I love love love the shade!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This looks so great! So bright and I really like the yellow tones. Thanks for sharing this link! I can't wait to get my hands on it xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Omg I want this so bad now! It looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. xD yeah
    I know what it feels like when you recognize you're not the youngest/hippest anymore.
    Do you have a idea how long it took until I knew who the hell Justin bieber is? xD
    This post was not only information it was really funny so I have to follow your blog :))

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love pink shades and It's looking too pretty to see. Thanks for sharing!
    hostess Roma

    ReplyDelete
  35. I was so excited when this came in the mail for me but I wish I just got the lip conditioner instead. This color just does not look good on me. I was so hopeful too :(

    ReplyDelete
  36. It is very pretty on you,I fell in love with it from the first time I saw it,I even bought more backups!!what a beautiful color

    ReplyDelete
  37. I totally forgot that I have this lipstick, but yes its such a pretty creamy lipstick. I wanna try that Ricky martin product though.

    ReplyDelete