Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chanel Enigma Eyeshadow Quad Review, Photos and Swatches!

chanel enigma eyeshadow review

Chanel Enigma Eyeshadow Quad

If you didn't know by now, one of my guilty pleasures is blog sales and makeup swaps. Some may cringe at the thought of purchasing or trading used makeup, but over the past few years I've become a pro at sanitizing most makeup products (it's really not that hard). Most of the products I've obtained have barely been used, for a fraction of the price! 

One of the recent gems I picked up through a blog sale was Chanel Enigma Eye Shadow Quad. I don't own any Chanel quads, and have been really interested in trying them , but it's the $58 price tag that's setting me back - ouch!

chanel enigma reviewEnigma is a limited edition palette, that launched in Chanel's 2010 Fall Collection. Enigma contains four shades: a pale pink, olive-taupe, deep blackened plum with silver shimmer and a silvered-charcoal.

All of the shades go very well together, and can create a gorgeous smokey eye. I like using the pale pink shade all over my lid, and any of the darker shades (typically the olive-taupe - third from the left, swatched below) smudged into my lashline and blended up to my crease. I like taking the deep plum and lining my top and bottom lid with it, as the purple tones in it makes the green in my hazel eyes stand out more.
I rarely ever use a primer with my eyeshadows, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the lasting power of these shadows is very good.


Chanel Enigma Quad
(I apologize that I couldn't get a very good photo of my eyes. My camera doesn't pick up eye makeup too well)

The shadows are very smooth and blend effortlessly. I love that I can use them wet as well, without ruining the texture of the shadows. When used wet, the colors are much more pigmented, but they are nicely pigmented as is, and translate very well on the lids. The dark shades can be used wet with an angled brush as a liner.

Here are the colors swatched with a slightly damp sponge applicator:
chanel enigma swatch

I didn't swatch the colors completely dry, but here are some swatches from Karlasugar for reference.

Even though this awesome palette isn't around any longer, you may be able to get a hold of it through makeup community swaps/blog sales and eBay.

Do you have any Chanel quads? Love em? Leave em? 

22 comments:

  1. the look you did with this quad is so beautiful on your eye color! i love it.
    great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice eye colors...


    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually purchase from blog sales as well! I've been able to try out a lot of things and not set myself back by paying retail.

    I usually shy away from purchase lip products (no lipglosses, sometimes I'll purchase lipstick) but I've gotten a lot of eyeshadows and blushes and been able to expand my collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love these colours! You can't go wrong with Chanel~

    I love buying second hand makeup as well! I have this awesome neighbour who holds a garage sale once in a while and I always buy like a kg of makeup from her :)

    www.closetvoyage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been lemming this quad! Lucky you found it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are gorgeous and I like its long lasting factor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Topkapi quad and I love it... it's the only Chanel quad that I currently own, but eventually I'll acquire more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great every day palette. Beautiful shimmery neutrals, you can't go wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks perfect for your eyecolor. It looks like it was made to compliment the color of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chanel amazes me all the time with high quality and beautiful products....great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These colors are so pretty! Just curious...whats your way of sanitizing makeup? I have recently gotten into the blog sales so this would be a great know how =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have none but from the looks of this I NEED some. I have no problems with buying "used" makeup. Properly sanitized, it's as good as new. I'd love to see some of your tips on the subject though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to have a chanel quad but i feel they are to overprice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! The swatches look gorgeous!

    http://beauty-twist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This does look really gorgeous and the colours are really pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous! It is a shame that it isn't sold anymore. I love shadows that don't get ruined when using them wet, it makes them much more versatile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great find! I've never purchased anything from a blog sale.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh the colour look so great on you. If u don't mind I have 2 Chanel limited items that I am looking for buyer
    Take a look at
    ransackmyloots.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. AMAZING colors!! Great quality,
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. good we nonetheless can download Mobdro software official site you own previously Emulator therefore just simply dismiss this stage. mobdrodownloadi great.

    ReplyDelete