Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Christian Dior Rosy Tan 5-Colour Eyeshadow Palette Review, Photos and Swatches!

Dior Rosy Tan

Christian Dior Rosy Tan 5-Colour Eyeshadow Palette

I've quickly turned into a Dior junkie ever after trying my first quint (Crush Glow). Thankfully, Dior doesn't have a huge selection of colors in their permanent line that are tempting enough for me to go nuts over. I find warm toned palettes with shades of golds and browns to be hard to resist, which are more common in their seasonal palettes.

Some of the palettes are a hit or a miss pigmentation-wise, but I've had very positive experiences with Dior so far. I love their buttery soft texture, blendability and luminous finish.

Believe it or not, I've had my Urban Decay Naked Palette for quite some time now, and I barely ever reach for it. And honestly, I'm not even sure why. There is a decent selection of colors and all, but it's definitely a highly raved product that doesn't get much love from me on a weekly basis.

I'm very "pro" convenience/low-maintenance products, and I find the convenience of the Dior 5-color palettes very appealing. They are housed in a very sturdy mirrored compact and contain 5 shades of shadow that compliment each other for a variety of looks. They also contain two double-sided applicators, which believe it or not - I actually use each time I use my Dior palettes. One side of the sponge is large for applying color all over the lid, and the other side is smaller for lining the eyes and/or applying color through the crease. It's everything you need, in a small compact.

With a couple Sephora gift cards I had left over from Christmas, I treated myself to the Rosy Tan 5-Colour Eyeshadow palette.

dior rosy tan


Rosy Tan contains a warm brown with fine gold shimmer, a light pink pearl, a velvety taupe-brown, a silvered metallic brown and an icy champagne-pink pearl. All of the shades work very well together for a soft, neutral look. I'm especially loving the middle shade - it's probably the prettiest color I own for an inner-corner and brow bone highlight. My second favorite shade from the palette is probably the silvery brown on the bottom left. 


Dior Rosy Tan Eyeshadow Palette

Christian Dior Rosy Tan 5-Colour Eyeshadow Palette

I really do like this palette, but the only thing I'd probably change is to make the darkest brown a little deeper so I can create a more intense eye. I still feel the need to add an additional deep brown (such as Nars Mekong) or a black shadow to darken my crease. I doubt I'll get too much use out of the pink, but I'm sure I'll be using all of the other shades pretty often. I still have yet to play around with this palette though, as I've only worn it twice so far. I can definitely see this being one of my "go-to" palettes to create a quick look on the go.
Dior Rosy Tan Eyeshadow

Both times wearing this palette I didn't use a base, and the colors seemed to last well throughout the day with minimal fading after 6 hours.

Swatches:
Dior Rosy Tan Eyeshadow Swatches


Check out this gorgeous look Christine of Temptalia created using Rosy Tan!
(Image Credit: Temptalia)



What do you think about Dior shadows? Any likes or dislikes? Recommendations? Let me know in the comments!

On a side not, I'm currently crushed because Starbucks recently discontinued my favorite coffee blend - The breakfast blend. It's the perfect mild-medium that I've been drinking for the past year or so every morning and evening. They've replaced it with "Blonde", which is pretty good, but I still like my breakfast blend better. So, I'll be on the hunt for an alternative. For the coffee drinkers out there... let me know your favorite blend!

Hope you all have an amazing Tuesday!

25 comments:

  1. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of Dior shadows, I have one 5 shadow palette in Rosy Nude, both of the clutches from this spring collection, and a limited edition one from 2010 Holidays... I love the colors and the texture of the shadows... it's just all so very Dior :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so gorgeous! I'm surprised you don't use your Naked palette more often, I at least one of the shades every day. Great review! :)

    http://beauty-twist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks soo pretty! I love the colors! I dont use my Naked palette as much as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great purchase! :) i have a similar one and I use it for my daily make-up! it looks very natural! :)

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty palette. The colors seem so pigmented and the texture looks really smooth as well! Great pick..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog, I'm following now :) Feel free to check out mine! Don't forget to enter my competition to win a pair of Motel Pamela Mann tights - perfect for any Valentines Day outfit!

    Laura x
    Petit Chatons

    ReplyDelete
  8. If i were to get a Dior Quint, this is one I had my eye on. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this quint and I get SO much use out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh NO they discontinued breakfast blend? waiiii?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES THEY DID. I stocked up at my local TJMaxx!

      Delete
  11. These colors are so pretty. Thanks for the review.

    http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I'm a total Dior shadow lover as well, I mean just looking at how luxurious and silky the shadows are in the case is enough to win me over! I recently baught the Amber All in One that has a cream eyeliner in it, too. I love all of them and want to get this one you've reviewed. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Natty,
    Perfect palette choice!!.. also do you have Caribou Coffee where , you live? I love it so much better than Starbucks coffee choices.. Also if you like teas, Caribou has THE yummiest tea, called Pluot Green Tea.
    -Cara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cara!

      Thank you! I believe so, but I've never tried it! That's really awesome to know - I'm pretty anxious now to give it a try. haha Thank you for the rec!!! :)

      Delete
  14. Gosh, it's always devastating when your favorite item has been discontinued, albeit makeup or coffee. Boo!! PS, loving the neutral palette, good for work, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing palette! The colours are hella pretty


    http://www.shellzdoll.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is one of their nicest quints so far. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rosy Tan is the first and only of the Dior Quints that I love and want. Maybe i'll pick it up...someday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dior has my favorite palettes love them this one looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really do like this! I was at the counter but i control myself

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like Cafe Verona it's kinda like Starbucks' dark romantic flavor of coffee lol. I also like Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla for brewing at home.

    ReplyDelete