Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Favorites!


TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer - I've been hearing a lot about this highlighter in the beauty blogging world recently, so I decided to get it, and I'm really loving it. My top three highlighers at the moment are Dior Amber Diamond (subtle glow), MAC Honey Rose (pink glow) and now this one has become a favorite. It's a pearly champgane, that's subtle, but a little more glow than Dior Amber Diamond. I'll post a full review soon.

Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation - Yes, you read that correct. It has an SPF of 50. I'm completely bummed out because this product has been discountinued. I picked it up for 50% off late January and I've been using it almost every day. Considering I exfoliate my skin on the regular, wearing an SPF is a must for me to avoid sun damage on my sensitive skin. I haven't found my favorite lotion yet, so along with my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation (SPF 20) and this powder applied on top, I have all the sun protection I need. If you can get your hands on this powder, I'd recommend trying it. It'd be great for the summer months!

Coastal Scents Camo Quad (Concealer Wheel) - I purchased this last year, and neglected it for the most part until recently. I have it in the shade "Medium" and when my skintone was in the medium range (when I was self-tanning) the colors were too light and looked ashy under my eyes. When I have no tan, this palette is perfect. It provides an awesome full coverage (similar to MAC Studio Finish) and works great for covering blemishes. It's been my favorite "go-to" concealer for the past couple of months and I've already hit pan on a couple of shades.

Coastal Scents Fan Brush Black - Before purchasing this brush, I had an ELF Studio Fan Brush, which isn't that great, but it'd get the job done for applying my highlighter. This brush is so soft, and three times as large. I love the way it feels on my face, that I've been wearing highlighter every day just so I can use it. I'm sure it'd be great for applying loose powders as well.

READ MORE!


Zara Woman Blueberry Rollerball - I picked this up recently during my checkout at Zara and I've been really enjoying using it this month. It's warm, fruity, and so yum. I always roll it on my wrists so when I'm going about my day, I can catch a quick whiff.

MAC Brun Eyeshadow - Espresso and Cork have been my two favorite brow fillers over the years, but I've recently switched to Brun, which is a little ashier and darker than the others. It seems to match my deep-dark brown hair much better.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows - I've mostly been using Bold Gold and Bad to the Bronze, this month, almost completely neglecting Tough as Taupe. I wear brown eyeshadow on my eyes almost every day, so these work as great bases to keep my eyeshadow going strong all day long.

L'Oreal Infalliable Eyeshadow in Endless Pearl - I really like the look of opaque flesh-toned eyeshadow on the lids, and this one does it for me. Previously I was using MAC Brule, which I will always love, but I have to literally dig in the shadow with a sponge applicator for opaque coverage. It's a bit easier to achieve opaque coverage with Endless Pearl, so I've been reaching for it quite often and really enjoying it these past couple of months.

Physician's Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner in Dark Brown - You may remember my recent review for this liner in black where I raved about how it's my favorite drugstore liner. Well, I picked it up in Dark Brown and it's amazing. If you spot these babies on sale, give 'em a try.


MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick- A vibrant warm, summer pink. What's really not to love? I barely ever wear a soft, neutral lip anymore, and although this lipstick might look crazy and bright in the tube, when patted on the lips with a little bit of gloss, it's a beautiful pink that can be worn every day.

MAC Insanely It Sheen Supreme Lipstick - I posted about this lipstick recently and can't get enough of it. It's sheer with one layer, but very buildable for opaque coverage. I usually only just wear one layer, and sometimes mix in MAC Hue to create a really gorgeous pink.

Wet n Wild Megalast Matte Lipsticks in Dollhouse Pink, Don't Blink Pink and Think Pink - Think Pink (very similar to MAC Creme Cup) is a shade I've had forever and it's been one of my favorites for some time now, but lately I've been reaching for it almost every day to mix in with all of my other bright pinks to tone the brightness down. I love the mixture of Dollhouse Pink or Don't Blink Pink with Think Pink. It makes them much more wearable and less in-your-face. Out of the three, I've been wearing Dollhouse Pink the most (applied sheer, with a lipgloss on top).

Chanel Bagatelle Glossier Lipgloss - I think this is probably my favorite lipgloss ever, and I'm so upset that it's limited edition! It's the perfect warm, shimmering pink that looks beautiful alone, or atop any pink lipstick. Get it while you can!

Swatches:
Swatches from left to right: Physician's Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner in Dark Brown, MAC Brun Eyeshadow, L'Oreal Endless Pearl Infallible Eyeshadow, Maybelline Bold Gold Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow, Maybelline Bad to the Bronze Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow, TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer, MAC Viva Glam Nicki, MAC Insanely It Sheen Supreme Lipstick, Wet n Wild Don't Blink Pink Megalast Matte Lipstick, Wet n Wild Dollhouse Pink Megalast Matte Lipstick, Wet n Wild Think Pink Megalast Matte Lipstick and Chanel Bagatelle Glossimer.











 What were some of your Feb favs?

35 comments:

  1. Love all those lipstick shades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Questi bei colori, e credo che guardano meravigliosamente alla bocca

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these lipsticks look ah-mazing! I'm going to have to go check out the Wet n' Wild lipsticks!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do! They're such fun shades. I'm for sure going to be purchasing back-ups of all of them.

      Delete
    2. are the wet n wild lipstick limited edition? I need to know so i know when to go out and get them lol

      Delete
  4. You've piqued my interested with the Zara blueberry rollerball! I might search it out this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're only like $4! You can't go wrong with that. I think there are three different ones to choose from (or maybe two).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo Viva Glam Nicki!!!!! It's going to be released in SA tomorrow and I'm going straight after work to pick one up... It's gorgeous!
    That's about the only thing I can get from your favorites... Unfortunately SA is lacking on the great beauty brands you have :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the swatches! I am going to have to pick up some more color tattoos and check out the wet and wild lipsticks!! gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome post, i will be looking into increasing my WnW lippie collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been loving thebalm this month. I got their Sexy Mama powder to set my Face and Body and it's amazingly silky and keeps me shine free. I also tried a cute newspaper themed lipstick called Hot Gossip. Their packaging is cute for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pink lipsticks too!! They look really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your favs are always the best

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to try out the new color tattoo eyeshadows!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favs from your list have to be the Maybelline Color Tattoo!

    http://beauty-twist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your favorites and all those lip colors are soooo pretty.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your favourites! I also wrote a post on my own February Favourites if anyone is interested...

    http://coralista-xo.blogspot.com/2012/02/february-favourites.html

    Anca

    ReplyDelete
  16. TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer looks beautiful!. I've never tried any of their highlights. I am a slave to my Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight but I might have to give it a shot! Thanks for sharing.

    www.highlightandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. your lipstick picks are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post, love all the reviews. These have really helped me build my make up collection and really motivated me to start trying new products. Thank you!

    http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all your Feb faves!
    My Faves recently have been Garnier BB Cream, maybelline color tattoos (Bad to the Bronze, Tough as Taupe) and Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch. I still haven't been able to find Don't blink Pink WnW Lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your lists are like a shopping spree! I need that fan brush, Nicki and the adorable bracelet you have on!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE! I'm still on the fence whether or not I want the MAC Nikki Lipstick, and everytime I see it... i feel like i want it more! http://skinporefection.blogspot.com/2012/02/what-i-loved-wore-much-of-in-februray.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it all, especially the lipstick colors!!!

    http://hottheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hah, this very beautiful lipstick, women really love this, thanks Leslie this very cool colors

    ReplyDelete
  24. GREAT Feb Favorites! I'm especially loving those bright lipstick shades! I'm definitly going to pick those up this week! : )
    Check out my Feb Favs if ya like. : )
    http://thefab411.blogspot.com/2012/03/february-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. great post! i keep reminding myself to do these, my favs are products you've reviewed in the past funnily enough

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nicki minaj is my new fav lipstick too xo Jenn

    imperfection-isbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. OooOo that highlighter looks beautiful! I am a highlighter junkie..ekk! Also need more Maybelline Tattoo shades, especially Bad to the Bronze (gorgeous!). ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the lipsticks, esp Nicki Minaj & Wet and Wild ones and the Maybelline tattoo base!!
    Lemming list is increasing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your February picks! I think you've convinced me to get some of those Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Shadows! I wasn't up for buying any of them but after looking at those swatches, they look too gorgeous to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation was discontinued? It's still on their website

    ReplyDelete
  31. I could have not imagined another way :)

    ReplyDelete