Tuesday, January 8, 2013

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation Review!

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation ($55) is a newer foundation by YSL that is inspired by their best-selling Touche Eclat Illuminating Pen. It's described as a weightless, illuminating foundation that will even out the complexion and enhance the skin's natural beauty. Contains SPF 19.

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation is available in (17) shades: B10, BD10, BR20, B30, BR30, B40, BD40, BR40, BD50, BR50, B60, BD60, BR60, B70, BD70, B80 and B90.

BR (Beige Rose) shades are for those with cool/pink undertones, BD (Beige Dore) shades are for those with warm golden undertones and B (Beige) shades are for balanced/beige undertones. It's really helpful to take a look at the Sephora site for a better description of each shade.

I purchased this foundation without doing any research and purchased the shade BD40 as Sephora describes it as being for light to medium skintones with golden/honey undertones. It ended up being way too light for my current medium MAC NC35 coloring. It's better geared for NC20. After reading reviews it sounds like BD50 would've been a better match for me.


BD40 swatched and blended on the back of my hand.


My skin

I have very balanced (normal) non-oily, non-dry skin. My skin is fairly clear on most days, but I do have minor breakouts that last a few days from time to time and minor redness. But overall, I have pretty good, smooth skin.

My ideal foundation 

My ideal foundation has a medium (buildable) coverage that will completely even out my skin tone while providing enough coverage to cover any flaws. I like the airbrushed, soft-focus look with a luminous (skin-like) satin non-matte but not overly dewy finish. I also prefer a long-lasting (12 hour) foundation as I don't like touching up throughout the day.

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation has a really creamy, fairly thin (but not watery) and moisturizing texture. It's very lightweight, and like some say, it almost feels like a light gel-liquid hybrid. It's comparable to the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation, but a little more airy.

The blendability is absolutely wonderful. Due to the light, creamy texture, it blends seamlessly. A flat top brush is my brush of choice. Two pumps covers my whole face with light-medium coverage and minor redness still peaking through, but my face looks more perfected and luminous. I try to get away with using as little as possible since it's a pretty pricey foundation, but two pumps is pretty average. If you want a sheer coverage, you can of course get away with one pump.


Here's another photo of the foundation blended on the back of my hand to get a better idea of the luminous finish.

I love the way this foundation looks on my face. It looks very fresh, healthy and luminous without looking shiny. It's a bit more natural and sheer compared to Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk or Nars Sheer Glow which make the skin a bit more perfected and translucent. Out of three I prefer Nars Sheer Glow the most as it lasts the longest on my skin.


The biggest drawback about this foundation is that it doesn't hold up well throughout the day. In fact, from all of my high end foundations, it has the shortest lasting power next to Chanel Vitalumiere. After six hours I'm left with patchy skin. This foundation looks it's absolute best within the first couple hours of wear.

This foundation is my opinion is ideal for a dinner or movie date or or for short wearing time. If you really need a foundation to get you through the whole day, you might want to look elsewhere. I found that wearing a moisturizer or primer prior made this foundation melt away quicker and it will last the longest on completely dry skin.

This foundation is moisturizing, and due to it's glowy finish, I think it would be ideal for dry skin types. I don't find it at all ideal for oily skin types mostly because of the short lasting power. I can't imagine it lasting longer than a couple of hours on oily skin. Those who wear illuminating tinted moisturizers, BB creams and sheer foundations will love this foundation. Unfortunately, I won't be repurchasing. L'Oreal True Match Lumi gives a very similar effect for a fraction of the price, so I'll stick with that.

This foundation has an overall rating of 3.9/5 with a 68% re-purchase rate on Makeupalley, which I'd consider a fairly good rating. I'm not the only one that found it to be short lasting, but there are others who found it to hold up fine. Ultimately, individual results will vary, so if this sounds like a foundation that you might be interested in, definitely pick up a sample.

The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Moisturizing - great for dry & normal skin. 
  • Light, airy texture that blends beautifully.
  • Buildable coverage from sheer to light-medium.
  • Luminous non-shiny and natural glow-from-within finish. 
  • Gives a beautiful, natural look to the skin. 
  • Great packaging - visually appealing and has a pump.
Cons:
  • Short lasting power - fades after 4 hours and by hour 6, it's non-existent on my face.
  • Not suited for oily skin due to the dewy finish and short lasting power.
Price: $55, Sephora.

34 comments:

  1. ya, too bad the lasting power isn´t there, but for my dry skin - I love that dewy finish!!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! Its so raved about I wanted to pick it up as well, but if it doesn't hold up well its not worth it! It looks fantastic on your skin though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lasting power is the deal breaker for me. It's a beautiful texture and finish, but there are plenty of foundations on the market that will do the same job and last longer. It's definitely not worth the money for me.

      Delete
  3. I work 7am-8pm so lasting power is huge for me...too bad this is not long wearing. otherwise, it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I еnjoy reаding through your aгticle.
    I wanted to write a lіttle comment tо suρport you.
    Here is my page ; getting twitter followers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the finish and how it looks on your skin. And the picture quality is amazing.
    I'm on the verge with this. It seems to be everything I look for in a foundation except for the longevity. I'm sometimes out for a lot of hours and having faded or patchy foundation is unacceptable for me.
    Lovely review, thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The finish looks beautiful on the skin, maybe a setting spray would help the staying power but at $55, I still think it'd be better off getting a foundation that lasts on its own. Great review as always <3 SarahE

    ReplyDelete
  7. It a bummer that it fades to quickly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! You should try Lancome Teint Miracle foundation... I feel like you'd love it! Its beautiful and luminous with medium coverage and longer lasting than YSL and SG. My personal HG and underhyped imo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a sample of this and first few days it broke me out a little. Something that is really rare for me to have. But I tried it again after a few weeks and at first I agree I loved the look of it but after a few hours the fading and lasting power was such a let down. The break out situation was a little better but I did notice redness each time I used it. It's a shame because I do like the way it applies and feels on the skin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how detailed you got with your description of the texture and that you described your ideal foundation qualities. This foundation sounds like the perfect texture, but because my skin is more combination, I won't be trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks beautiful after 2 coats but if it doesn't stay its no good for me :-( www.ashlylondon.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think shade BD60 or BD50 would of worked better for you. I do like this foindation but I really want to try sheer glow ... Only thing that puts me off is people saying about breakouts? Do you recommend it I am oily combo skin but want a dewy foundation :) thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite brand of foundation is Elizabeth Arden. I find that that line is great for long-lasting wear, and matches my darker skin tone perfectly. When I'm not so tan, I love Lise Watier.

    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the way you review makeup products. =] I was wondering by any chance would you review Kat Von D's Lock-it foundation in the near future? :D If not, it's okay =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      I'm currently working on it. It's going to be one of my next posts that should be up sometime this week. :)

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this product. It holds up pretty long enough for me. I have dry skin so it's good for me

    Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to hear! Do you usually use a primer?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read you post. It’s lovely. This is the ideal foundation for me. My complexion is also like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Before I read your review, I got a sample of this foundation and thought that it gave the same effect of my Loreal True Match Lumi foundation, which I don't really like. I love the dewiness of this foundation, but I think it's a little too sheer for me, I need more coverage!

    www.vriose.net/sistaplease

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved this review, it was really helpful :)
    I love my NARS sheer glow & have been wondering whether to try the Touche Eclat foundation but after seeing how little staying power it has I think I'll stick with my NARS.

    Charlee,
    http://mystringaling.blogspot.co.uk/

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  21. ES MEJOR CHANEL PERFECCION LUMINE??
    DURA MAS QUE YSL?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a snow-white myself, and as so I adore the fact that I have the shade B10 - and it suited my skin amazingly. I do agree about the great finish, and I found out that just a tad of a finishing powder on top of it makes it last up to 9 hours straight. For me that's enough:)

    If you like, you can check out my own review over on my blog (makeup-magazine.com):)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The finish of this is quite a flawless amazing goodness! I love my NARS Sheer Glow as well and been looking around for perhaps another foundation to alternate, but hmm perhaps this but perhaps not.. lol

    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. HOLA Julie Sheranosher. TU MAIL ?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've just bought this foundation and love it! You've taken great photos to show how good it is.

    I have just done a first impression review! I hope to love it in the future!

    http://laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. What is your hg foundation? Any recommendations for conbination skin?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey, I'm currently doing a bucket list for beauty products and this is in my bucket list as well as the concealer. Would you buy this product again and is it worth the money??
    Thanks Katie from www.withloveandcrystals.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have lovely skin even without foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My skin has got so bad in my 30, this foundation is the best( acid fan of studio fix for coverage) this foundation lasts all day once you mate it a small bit in the morning! I love it... Doesn't cake like mac or seep into the ever appearing wrinkles

    ReplyDelete
  30. As YSL changed the formula this bd40 beige dore doesn't excist anymore. Where do you guys now but this one? I can't find any shop who sells it. YSL changed the beige dore to bd40 warm sand. But don't buy this as it's not the same colour at all! Even the bd40beige dore from the Ink foundation doesn't match the beige dore,too much orange. I tried all the new colours but couldn't find anyone like beige dore. Some people on internet are saying it matches with the current bd25 but I don't agree as it's more orange.

    ReplyDelete