Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What's in my bag?

What's in my Bag?

I haven't done one of these posts in a long time, so I thought I'd dump out my bag and let you know what I keep inside! Haha.. This post has actually been requested quite a bit. I think they're fun, and I like to see them too!

The handbag I'm currently carrying is a winter green faux leather hobo with lots of gold studs on the sides. I purchased it from Marshalls last month for around $35. It's a no-name brand, so unfortunately there's no label inside the bag where I can tell you the exact information on it. I've been carrying it all month though, and I love it!

Eyeglasses - I need to wear glasses when I'm reading or when I'm on the computer, so I usually have them them with me in my bag. They aren't too fancy or anything, but if you're curious, the  model # is Chanel 3198-H.
Sunglasses - I love sunglasses, and I always have a pair or two in my bag. Currently I've been wearing my super oversized Gucci 3157/s Sunglasses.
iPhone 5 - I got an iPhone 5 for Christmas, and I've been completely obsessed. If it's not in my hand, it's usually in my bag. I usually always get comments on my brass knuckles case, and I got it from eBay. Just search 'brass knuckles iPhone case' and you'll find tons of results.
iPhone Charger - Because I'm on my phone so much and forget to charge it most of the time, I always keep my charger on me.
Michael Kors Saffiano Leather Continental Wallet - I have a couple wallets that I rotate every now and then, but I love zip-around wallets because I can cram so many receipt and junk in them. haha! I got this wallet back in June for my birthday, and although they had this wallet in every color, I can't seem to track it down on any website. I guess it's because MK comes out with so many different styles often. They currently have very similar ones at the stores, but with a larger metal plate on the front.
Hobo Metro Slide Credit Card Holder - I usually keep my gift card in a metal card case, but because I didn't like having to pull all of my cards out each time I had to look for a card. When I saw this little card case at TJ Maxx, I thought it was the perfect little convenient case so I wouldn't have to dig around at the register.
Business Card Holder - I was looking for a glitzy business card holder and found this adorable one from an online store called Mont Bleu. I keep all of my important business and appointment cards that I may need inside.
Eccolo Little Pink Book - If I ever have anything to remember or write down, I always jot it down in this little journal. It's a mess of recipes, grocery lists, to-do lists, thoughts, etc. I purchased it a while back from Marshalls. They always have a good selection of journals.






Narcisco Rodriguez for Her Eau De Toilette - I purchased the smallest size bottle (1 oz) so I could keep it in my handbag. It's one of my favorite night time fragrances. Whenever I wear it, it's inevitable that someone will compliment the scent.
Lady Gaga Fame Rollerball - I just recently got this perfume because so many people have been talking about it. I like it, but I don't love it. It might grow on me.. we'll see.
Glass Nail File - I glass nail files opposed to any other file, and I always have one on hand. They seem to do the best job of filing my nails without damaging them. This cute swarovski crystal one is from Mont Bleu. I always get my nail files from there.
Tangle Teezer - I've talked about this a few times on my blog, but I love this little brush to quickly get through my hair.
Kenra Hairspray - I always try to keep a travel bottle of hair spray in my bag for a little pick-me-up when my hair needs a little "oomph". This hairspray is pretty average. My favorite spray though is Beyond the Zone Flipped Out Spray. I have yet to find something that beats it! :)

Hand Sanitizer Wipes - Always a must-have for me being the germaphobe that I am.
Nivea Hand Cream - I always need cream for my hands, but I rarely ever carry lotion on me because I try to limit the weight in my bag. Luckily, this little tin is nearly weightless and doesn't take up much room. And, it works great!
Kleenex
Keys

Leather Gloves - I'm a huge fan of leather gloves during the Fall/Winter and I've been loving these for the past couple of months. I purchased them at H&M on Black Friday.
Rings/Earrings - I'm often on the go and forget to put on earrings and/or rings, so I almost always have a couple pairs in my bag for those times. ;) The rings are from Tahari and H&M and the earrings are from Forever 21.

Makeup Bag - I try to keep my makeup bag as light as possible so I always keep my foundation, blush, eyeshadow or anything heavy at home. I usually always carry a couple face brushes with for touch-ups, as well as bronzer, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and lipgloss.

What's currently in my makeup bag is- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (because this is a light squeeze tube, i'll bring it with. Glass bottles stay home), Nars Laguna Bronzer, MAC Kabuki Brush (for touch-ups), Burt's Bees Chapstick (has been my savior as of lately!), MAC Bombshell Lipstick, MAC Marquise D Lipstick (LE), Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara, Physicians Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner, Make Up Forever Aqua Brow & an angled brow brush. I'm totally capable of carrying a lot more makeup in my bag, but I try to keep it as light as possible. Sometimes I only carry lip products with.

So what do you think? Do I have a crazy amount of junk in my bag? Haha, I think just about everything is pretty necessary. There are times though when I don't feel like lugging a heavy bag with me so I sometimes dump everything out except my wallet and makeup bag.

Is your bag pretty light, or do you get teased at how ridiculous heavy your bag is? I usually do. lol

27 comments:

  1. I love these types of posts! I probably have just as much if not more in my bag. Love the idea of having a little notebook :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the idea from other what's in my bags i've seen in the past. I never carried one before last year, but I love that I have one. I'm more inclined to write things down and have them all in one place! I feel more accomplished when I write lists for myself. :)

      Delete
  2. I always get teased too but then i always have things that everyone needs. Advil? check. Bandaids? Check. A pen? ...i have 5, take your pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY. Couldn't have said it better myself. lol

      Delete
  3. Lovely post hun! I love reading 'what's in my bag' posts, probably because I'm a right nosey cow haha! I probably have even more than you do in my bag, it's like a tardis, I carry everything just in case haha! My bags so heavy it's ridiculous! Such a good post again :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely carry all of the essentials, in my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love these posts, I love your bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bag is super heavy too. Like Hanhnee above, I usually have what someone is looking for! Love the iPhone case!

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bag itself is soooo coool I really like it STUDS :) and also the model. bwt nice eyeglasses

    ReplyDelete
  8. The iPhone case is so cute! I always have wipes with me as well, except they're typically Olay Sensitive Skin wipes. As for germ killing, I usually have a little bottle of gel sanitizer on hand.

    SimplySkinDeepBeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bag and everything in it is actually so pretty! I love the makeup bag! I think if I had a medium/big sized bag I'd fil it with anything I might possibly need, haha, so I keep a smaller bag. I really liked this post and the pictures are amazing! xx

    themodmermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I got the bag from Forever 21 - they always seem to have good cosmetic bags for super cheap :) i know what you mean. Sometimes I like the change of carrying a clutch or smaller bag so I won't have to carry so much. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! :D

      Delete
  10. Is that MAC kabuki the full size(182) or the mini one you have perviously talke about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      It's the full-size 182 brush, but I use both and love both! :)

      Delete
  11. Do you ever get lost in your bag trying to find things? I'm having this problem currently lol. I guess I need some more pockets and small bags to hold and organize my stuff. Also I was wondering what lens you're using on you camera. If you don't mind saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I try to organize things in pockets so it isn't all jumbled together, but it's bound to happen. lol I think it depends on the bag though. Some have lots of pockets and dividers, while some are literally just a big sack. haha Maybe a few clear cosmetic bags would do you good if you tend to lose items in your bag a lot. I use to keep several bags in my purse for that reason - one bag for receipts, one for makeup, one for tools (tweezers, eyelash curler, nail file, etc.) and so on.

      The lens i'm using is just a standard 18-55mm lens.

      Delete
    2. Yes I definitely need some clear bags. That's a great idea for receipts! Thank you for replying, you're always so sweet :)

      Delete
  12. Firstly I love your bag! The slouchyness and studs is my perfect combination. I too carry a lot around with me. A lot of stuff I probably dont even need. I cant help it, I just chuck everything in there!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your makeup bag! I always have multiple rings, bandaids and drinking straws in my bag. They have actually come in handy on many occasions! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely post I like your i phone case and all the rest of your bag!!!

    http://beautybubblesinyourlife.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post, I would love to hear more about why you love Beyond the Zone Flipped Out Hairspray (I'm always looking for the perfect hairspray) and where would I find it? I would also love to know the notes in Narcisco Rodriguez for Her Eau De Toilette, I LOVE fragrance, but tend to stay away from anything too sweet or floral. Thank you so much for the earring idea, I do the same thing (why didn't I think of that)lol. I always love your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG organisational pr0n. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post! I do not think that any women can live without cosmetic and beauty products. They always carry these products in their handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hye..im from malaysia..ur handbag is very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my God! How can you manage to keep all of these items inside your bag? That’s unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love these type of blogs. interesting to see how little or more everyone carries. everything is the essentials XD

    ReplyDelete