Thursday, January 17, 2013

Weekly Poll Results - Did you Make any New Year Resolutions?

Did you make any New Year Resolutions for 2013? 

I'm so sorry that the results of the last weekly poll has been so delayed! Time has literally flown by!! At the start of 2013 it only seemed appropriate to ask you all if there is anything you'd like to change/do differently this year.

No one starts a diet on a Friday right? The famous words are "I'll start again on Monday." It seems like a really silly habit, but many of us feel like to really feel good about the change we want to make, we have to start out with a clean slate - whether it be the first day of the week, month or first day of the year. While many of us can lose a bit of motivation by the end of the year, I think a good majority of us try our best to start off the new year on a good note.

I picked some really common New Year resolutions below!

The Results are: 

To eat healthier/change or modify diet - 104 votes (55%)
To work out/exercise more - 110 votes (59%)
To be more organized - 69 votes (37%)
To spend more quality time with friends and family - 35 votes (18%)
To be more outgoing - 42 votes (22%)
To volunteer/get more involved with your community - 18 votes (9%)
To be more sociable - 37 votes (19%)
To stress less - 56 votes (30%)
To manage finances better - 55 votes (29%)
To travel more - 41 votes (22%)
To kick a bad habit - 31 votes (16%)
All of the Above - 10 votes (5%)
I didn't set any resolutions - 25 votes (13%)
Other - 9 votes (4%)

This poll is based on 186 votes.

The number one answer was to work out/exercise more and eating healthier/changing or modifying diet came in at a close second!

Eating healthier and exercising regularly is the change that I wanted to make this year and instead of making short term goals (for example: I want to weigh a certain amount by my birthday in 6 months) and then quit after birthday, I want to make lifestyle changes that will carry on for the rest of my life. I want to dedicate 2013 to be the year of my health and happiness. So far, I'm doing pretty well.

How about you? Did you make any resolutions for 2013? Have you kept up with them? I've read a few articles that the success rate is typically pretty low. Keep motivated!! :)

7 comments:

  1. yes. Buy cruelty free Is gonna be tough with some products that are hard to find cruelty free.
    like toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner

    drink more water i want to make those a life resolution and not just a few months promice

    ReplyDelete
  2. My makeup resolution would be to be a little more adventurous! I have my standard products that I love and use daily. But I'd love to start experimenting with lip colour for sure. I usually don't branch out past Chapstick!

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! To treat myself to some LeMer skin care products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always go only for branded products. Other than that I use home remedies for under eye circles, scars rather than using chemical products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should actually make everything on that poll a resolution of mine. But I'm not good at taking on too much at once. I'm going to aim for baby steps, first with time management!

    shortandsweetjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Can you share more details on such options?

    ReplyDelete