Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Winter 2012 Zara Haul!


Every year after Christmas Zara has an incredible sale on a big majority of their stock, and it's pretty much my shopping highlight of the year. I've been waiting for months for this sale to get a hold of some of the items I've been eyeballing throughout 2012, and I'm pretty happy with what I got.

Some items sell out quickly in the Zara sale, so I usually don't hesitate purchasing items that seem to be a good deal, as I figure that If I don't like the way they look in person, I can always bring them to my local Zara store within 30 days for a refund. In fact, I actually purchased another bag that I didn't like at all in person, and I'll be returning it soon.

This haul is purely accessories, as I didn't find any items of clothing I really liked. I did get a couple of t-shirts, but I've been wearing them so I didn't include them in this haul.

Well, without further ado, here's my haul!



Trapezoid Citybag
I've been looking at this bag for a while, and was so excited when it finally went on sale. I love the thick chain detailing and the edgy cone detailing. I also love the shape of the bag, as it reminds me of the Celine bags that I'll never be able to afford. ha! I think this will be more of a "going out" bag rather an every day bag as the strap is really dainty and not all that practical. The leather is also buttery smooth and a bit touchy (as soft leather usually picks up scuffs easily).

Shopper with Chain Trimming
Another black bag with gold chain detailing, but I love how large and simple this bag is. It's very soft leather as well, so it has a really nice luxurious feel to it. I find this bag a bit more practical for every day (for me, at least).

Mini Messanger Clutch with Studs and Clasp Fastening
As much as I love black and gold, I also love the combination of pink and gold. And I'm sure you all know by now, I love accessories that combine chic and classic with edgy, so I thought this little bag would be perfect for a night out. (Currently in stock in the color red here)

I recently cleaned out my shoe closet and go rid of most of my old and worn heels, so I was in need of a basic pair of black pumps. These are pretty basic but the pop of gold in the platform adds a little something extra. They are super comfy, good quality (sturdy and weighty) and the leather is super soft. I think I only paid $30 - a great buy. 

I wasn't overly impressed with these in person (some things just look better online), but considering they were still a good deal, I thought these would be fun every day shoes as the heel is pretty short. They are also pretty comfy.

These boots were a complete impulse buy and I can't tell if they are totally awesome or totally tacky. haha. They were a really good deal, so I found them hard to pass up. I think they'd look pretty cool with some black skinny jeans. Maybe. I don't know, what do you think? Yay/Nay?

Studded Mid Heel Ankle Boots
These boots reminded me of the much sought after Valentino Studded Boots (here) so of course, lusting after those boots for several months, I had to purchase the next best thing. I think they're so chic and pretty! I've had them for a month already and haven't worn them for fear of getting them dirty. I ruined a pair of my tan suede boots recently from the dyes of my dark jeans rubbing on them and staining them blue. :( Anyone know a fix for that? 

I love high platform booties and I was so excited to get these. Super pretty in person, but unfortunately they run really large in size. I'm a size 8.5 and ordered a size 9, and they slip easily off my foot. I'm debating whether to wear thick socks with them, or just return them.. but I'm leaning more towards returning them. Oh well, you win some and lose some.

High Heel Platform Ankle Boot

I love the combination of burgundy, tan and black in these boots. I think the pop of burgundy makes them really unique. I'm usually not a huge fan of thin heeled platforms because they can be a bit wobbly, but these aren't too bad. 

Neon Studded Bracelets
Lastly, I got these cute bracelets for only $5.99 each. I'm in super love with the one on left and I know it's a bracelet I'll be wearing regularly.

That's all for my haul! I can't guarantee you it will be my last before the month is over. ;) 

Did you get anything from the Zara sale?

21 comments:

  1. Great haul. Such a shame about the wedges as they look really nice!

    Ria x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I was so excited about them when I took them out of the box but was so saddened when I tried them on. *sigh*

      Delete
  2. Fabulous finds all around!

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah such great purchases, loving all the shoes. I picked up a pair of the patent heels as flats (if that makes sense) total impulse buy, only pair in the shop and im so glad I did so :)..I know what you mean about the sizes, I bought a pair of boots which sadly didnt fit :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, awesome! Since I'm a half size, I always have trouble purchasing shoes online from places that don't carry half sizes since I'm very true to size. Buying boots is a little easier, but flats and heels.. ugh. lol

      Delete
  4. Great Items! I love Zara especially when they have a sale! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. studs studs and more studs your surely know how to make me jealous :)
    you got pretty stuff there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! YES! I'm attracted to anything with studs. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Fabulous buys lovely. Every thing is beautiful, love the studded ankle boots:)

    Sara xx
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Zara and love the stuff you picked up x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought the patent pattern ones but in a court shoe. I too was a bit afraid they'd look a bit retro and tacky but I actually really fell in love with them and they were such a sexy cut. Sadly, I'm also a half size and they were just too big so I did the sensible thing and returned them. But whenever I pop into Zara I do a quick sweep to see if they have them a size down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You picked up some lovely things,. I have serious bag envy over all those handbags! Great Buys!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg I love your impulse buy boots, so hot! I can see them looking so good with black skinny jeans. The bracelet's are super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Platform Court Shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely haul! I just love the shoes!! Especially the studded ankle ones!
    xx
    - Keeley | Living In Your Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey!

    I live in Chicago. I was wondering if your willing to sell the Zara wedge ankle boots?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul!!! I Love Zara!

    xo Marie
    http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello,
    i want the 1st bag, love it!!! =)) but i'm not sure i'll find in my city..:/// where have you bought yours?

    i also bought basic leather flats on zara :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks ,this year sale is coming soon haha http://www.robesdemariee2013.com/

    ReplyDelete