Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Guest Post: Nars Mata Hari Blush Review!


NARS Mata Hari Powder Blush ($28) can be found at Sephora. After being obsessed with NARS ultra-pigmented products I’ve begun slowly-but-surly expanding my NARS blush collection. On a recent trip to Sephora in hopes to pick out a more fall/winter friendly blush (everyone changes blush with seasons right? Ha) I ended up picking Mata Hari. I was un-sure that I'd like Mata Hari after swatching it two different times when I went into Sephora, but after using this blush it is a wonderful addition to my collection. I usually lean towards peachy-pink blushes but this beautiful cool, matte, rosy pink color is a lot of fun!

Despite how bold this color looks in the pan, its not nearly as vibrant when applied. This blush is by far my most pigmented blush I own. The picture above is only using one swipe with my Sigma F40 brush. Because it’s so pigmented a light hand and blending applies Mata Hari sheer and subtle. If your looking for a more intense look of course add a little more to intensify your look. Usually I find myself grabbing this blush when I use a matte foundation, I can count on Mata Hari staying on all day. Mata Hari is very matte (meaning without any simmer or sheen) so if you want to brighten up your cheeks, or have a glowy face you'll need to use a highlighter.

nars mata hari blush

Nars Mata Hari Blush Swatch

Nars Mata Hari Blush

Nars Mata Hari Blush

Final Thoughts…

Overall, this is a great fall/winter powder blush! Remember its ultra-pigmented and needs to be applied sparingly. Now that I have had NARS blushes for while, the only negative thing I could say is the adorable packaging gets messy easily. Other then that, this is a great rosy-pink blush!


Guest Post Written by Rendee

Rendee, a nursing student from Arizona has a huge passion for all things Beauty, DIY, and Photography related! You can check out her thoughts on all things beautiful at her blog beautybyren.blogspot.com. Another way you can stay can updated with Rendee's reviews, tips, and tricks is on Twitter @beautybyren.

16 comments:

  1. this blush is so beautiful. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!
    http://www.beauty-twist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post :D I'm now really considering this blush. I actually wasn't a fan of NARS Orgasm since it emphasized my pores, but since this is matte I really wanna try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty pink! Definitely flattering for the winter..especially against all the white snow :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lip combo is so fabulous for night party look. I run a business providing beauty, makeup and hair services and we are taking bookings for 2013 wedding hair & makeup essexFrom the 1st of October we are offering massage services and per-bonded hair extensions. Have a look here:
    http://beautyandmakeupessex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks almost exact to ELF's pink passion blush

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a pretty pink blush, I love it. Perfect for some rosie cheeks :)

    http://jusanothergurl.blogspot.com/
    http://jusanothergurl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blush is very pretty! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this pink, I nee dto stop and get more Nars blushes they always impress me..

    Xoxo

    Janelle @ GlamorousMama

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nars Mata Hari blush review is very good. You can know a lot from it

    ReplyDelete
  11. This color always go for any dress or styles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always thinks my hair to be blush but I'm afraid of it because I think they can damage our hair but after reading your post I am satisfied and going to use it now. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nars Mata Hari blush review has been reviewed here. Useful post

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a beautiful color. I really want this

    ReplyDelete