Saturday, October 6, 2012

E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush & Pointed Foundation Brush Review!

E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush & Pointed Foundation Brush

There are so many new products by E.L.F. since the last time I placed an order a year ago. I've been meaning to purchase a MAC 130 Short Duo Fiber Brush ($42) and when I spotted this new E.L.F Studio Small Stipple Brush ($3), I had to get it.

It's much smaller than your average stippling brush (such as the MAC 187 or E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush) and it's slightly more dense because of the shorter bristles. The bristles are synthetic, so it's ideal for liquid and cream products but can also work well with powder products.

It's a great brush for liquid foundation, and because of it's smaller brush head, it can maneuver around small areas such as under and around the eyes, around the brows and hairline. Whereas a large brush might not be able to blend small areas as well, and it's harder to avoid coating the brows in foundation, etc.

I also really like using it to apply cream blush. It's the perfect size to apply the blush precisely to the cheekbones and blend it in with the extra soft bristles. Also, because it's not super dense, it won't pick up too much product, so if you have an uber pigmented blush, a stippling brush always works the best. The same goes for applying highlighter. It picks up just the right amount of product and it's small enough so you won't apply too much. There are really so many uses for this brush!

I'm kind of kicking myself that I only purchased one, because I can see myself using it often for many different things.



The E.L.F Studio Pointed Foundation Brush ($3) is a great brush to have as well. I love pointed foundation brushes, especially for applying concealer, because again, it can reach small areas and blend the area around the eyes really well. You can also use it with a cream contour product, as the tapered tips allows you apply the product very precise under your cheekbones, or wherever you want it.

The bristles are super soft and it's dense, but also has a little "give" to it.

Both are fabulous brushes and I highly recommend both of them!

The quality of E.L.F Studio Brushes are very good for the price and they hold up fairly well. Some of my brushes have held up better than others. The ferrules have gotten loose on some of my Studio Brushes (which is expected with the price point) and with very frequent use, washes and being dinged around my bag, the glossy finish on the ferrules may start to chip.

You can't beat the price though! And they are great for those on a budget, or for those who want some "starter brushes" before investing in more expensive options. E.L.F often has sales on their website for 50% off all Studio Products. I got 50% off my order (bringing the brushes down to only $1.50 each) with the code: ECD2.

Here's the small stippling brush next to my cheek so you can get a better idea of the size.

The Round-Up
Pros:
  • The stippling brush in particular has many uses - it's a very versatile brush that can be useful in anyone's daily makeup routine.
  • Soft bristles.
  • Both brushes apply the product well without being streaky.
  • Easy to clean
  • Very inexpensive - great value
  • Cruelty-free
Cons:
  • None!
Price: $3 each, Target & E.L.F. Get 50% off all E.L.F Studio Products with code ECD2.

10 comments:

  1. wow, really...almost can´t belive it..guess we´re so used to the idea, that good must be pricy...well, I ´m gonna have a look!

    jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great deal!!! that's one of the brushes i wanna try too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!!

    http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really seems like a great duo for foundation application. Have you experienced any staining with the brush? I have the old stippling brush, and it's been doing that even though it's black (it just gets harder and harder to wash off residue, I mean).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. I had no idea that Elf brought out some new brushes in their studio line. I've been wanting to get multiple stippling brushes and now that it's on sale for about $1.50 a piece, sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! I've been meaning to get some new brushes but rather not break the bank!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always seem blown away by elfs studio brushes. I just love that stippling brush. I use it way too much an d really should have gotten a second.

    Great review, thanks for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An in budget brush from e.l.f. Thank you for sharing!! It's really helpful for a newbie like me
    gmail account login

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I'll surely be getting some of them in the near future :)
    Please checkout my blog and let me know what you think!
    http://blushies.com/

    ReplyDelete