Tuesday, April 5, 2011

NOTD: Orly Mirror Mirror + Grey Nail Polish Comparisons!

Two (2) Coats of Orly Mirror Mirror, One (1) Coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat

Orly Mirror Mirror is one of my favorite nail polishes. Grey may not be everyone's choice of color to wear on their nails, but considering 75% of my wardrobe is gray, it suits me quite well. Even though it may seem like a winter shade, I remember wearing it all through this past summer. Mirror Mirror is a creme formula grey polish with a pale blue undertone. On the nails, it looks like a true to life grey, and then in certain lighting it looks like a neutral, pale blue. 

The formula of Mirror Mirror is pretty nice. It's a little thick, but it dries fairly quick and it is extremely opaque. Two coats is more than enough. 

Here's a comparison to other grey nail polishes I own..
From Left to Right: Orly Mirror Mirror, Essie Chinchilly, Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Steel Grey, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Grey Area, Love & Beauty Gray, Moodies Persian Blue & Sinful Colors Blah-Blah.

Orly Mirror Mirror - Pale grey with a pale blue undertone
Essie Chinchilly - Pale grey with a slight purple undertone
Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Steel Grey - Pale grey with a purple/mauve undertone
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Grey Area - Deep, blackend grey with a deep blue/navy undertone
Love & Beauty Gray - Deep toned gunmetal grey with a golden green pearl
Moodies Persian Blue - Mid toned grey with a blue/green undertone
Sinful Colors Blah-Blah - Pale grey with a slight purple undertone (very similar to Essie Chinchilly)

What is your favorite grey polish?

9 comments:

  1. Interesting colour...not so sure it would suit me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sally hansen xtreme wear in wet cement. perfect neutral gray with no blue or green undertones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that color on you!!!

    http://hottheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natty is it an old/permanent color or is it from a new collection. the fact that it's your favorite grey tells me that its been around but I somehow haven't heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Essie's Chinchilly! I can't believe how similar the Sinful color is to it.. have you seen a difference in the wear-time of the Essie compared to the Sinful polish??

    xx
    obsessionstolivefor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. grey is one of my favorite polishes to wear. i love this color since ive really been loving the pale blue/grey trend. ive never seen this color, thanks for sharing. my favorite grey is essie chinchilly (the wear time is amazing)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Rimmel Steel Grey - it has such beautiful purple undertones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool post! i lOVE darker polishes and i love greys.. and I only have .. three i believe? i love steel grey by rimmel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting colour... not really my style

    ReplyDelete