Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Benefit Erase Paste Review, Photos and Swatches!

Benefit Erase Paste 

Benefit Erase Paste ($26) is a concentrated, creamy, blendable concealer that instantly brightens and camouflages all-in-one. It has an innovative formula which makes sure signs of stress and fatigue are a thing of the past.

The consistency of Benefit Erase Paste is quite different than any other concealer I've tried. You would think it would be similar in texture to your average pot concealer (MAC Studio Finish, NYX Concealer in a jar, etc). But, actually, it's what the name implies.. "paste". When you touch the concealer with your finger, instead of leaving a dent in the product, a small amount of product will stick to your finger. It's very thick and tacky, but very creamy.


I find that it requires a little work to blend into the skin, and a little does not go a long way. Because the product is very dense and thick, it doesn't smooth across my under eyes as well as I thought it would. I found this product works the best when it is dotted under my eyes and then blending it with light tapping motions of the tip of my finger. The "window washer" sweeping technique isn't as effective, and I found myself having to go back for more product. The finish is a bit dewy and can settle in your fine lines if you don't set it with powder.

Because of the products milky pink color, it works extremely well at brightening the under eyes. I found that my eye area looks much more illuminated when wearing this. I do have to mention that I was a little disappointed with the coverage. When I swatched the product on my hand when I was at UTLA, I thought that it was going to provide full coverage because of the product density. Once this concealer is blended under the eyes, it sheers out quite a bit. The coverage is definitely buildable to a heavy medium, but because of it's texture, when it's built some may experience a problem with it settling or caking. I didn't notice caking under my eyes, but I did notice it doesn't stay put/set well. I have to apply my foundation very carefully under my eyes after I've applied the Erase Paste or it will get swept away with the brush, and I'll end up having to apply more. I personally love using it in conjunction with another concealer. I've tried it under (as well as on top) of Hard Candy Glamoflauge and the end result is 100% coverage with a brightening effect.


Here are a couple of comparisons. I thought it would be similar to my Bobbi Brown Light Peach corrector, but Erase Paste is more pink toned. It would be a closer match to Bobbi Brown Bisque or Light Bisque corrector. Also swatched my MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW25. All shades are around the same depth, with NW25 being the deepest. Some medium skin tones may find that Medium is too light.

I wanted to show you a before and after, but I was already wearing foundation and concealer. So bare in mind, my dark circles are already concealed well in my before. But I'd like to show you the "brightening" effect in the after photos.

Here's a comparison of both eyes. The left side is with Erase Paste and the right side is without.

Overall, I do like this concealer, but because it's so creamy, I don't feel like it ever really sets. When using too little, the coverage isn't good, and when using too much, it's too cakey. When using this concealer, I do recommend using a concealer brush or "tapping" the concealer on with your finger tip to avoid tugging your skin. Because it doesn't spread very easily, it would be a good idea to moisturize beforehand. The main complaint among reviewers is that they find this concealer creases, so it may be a better concealer for those with minimal fine lines.

Have you tried this concealer? What do you like or dislike about it?

16 comments:

  1. Great review!!! I really like this concealer (I use the fair). It has such a unique color and texture. I have VERY dark circles and I do wish that it had just a tad more coverage. But, overall, I totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I'll give my trial size another chance, but I've been really unimpressed so far. I'm over 40 and this definitely settled into lines I've never even seen before.

    Since you mentioned you already had concealer on, I'm wondering what kind you used in the before pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this concealer about 7 months ago and used it maybe twice wasnt crazy about it. But i'll pull it out and try it again. Maybe I wasn't blending it right the first times. I'll try the tapping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a freak about my concealer, I guess bc I don't wear much of a liquid foundation I use a powdered one, so I like the medium-ish coverage-I'm not too crazy about the 3 color choices they offer, but I personally didn't find it to be creasy at all? Any other concealers ya'll would recommend? I did a mini review on the erase paste too the other day =)) Check it out!
    Maria
    http://productjunkie504.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to try it out so badly but i have fine lines under my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love benefit products and I use eye bright---i never thought to try erase paste because i love my YSL touch eclat, but it looks so great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried this product before, but I dot on Benefit Eye Bright on top of my MAC studio finish concealer...the MAC conceals EVERYTHING, and the eye bright adds enough pinkness to brighten up the under eye area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this in fair, and it's great, I love the pink tone of it, I find most concealers are either very very light or too yellow and this one works really well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah.. Glad I didn't get this. I need a better coverage for my uber dark panda eyes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it's such a pretty peachy color! It makes your eyes look so dewy and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried this.. But I've been thinking about getting it as I'm looking for a brightening undereye corrector.. But since is creases.. I'm steering away from this.. Cant stand them nasty creases!

    Really great review and amazing photos as always.. Thanks so much hun

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a shame it didn't work as well for you! I absolutely love this concealer! Does wonders for my undereye circlers. As you said, lucky you got it through a swap though! :)

    Loves the detailed review!

    Eve
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review! I just got a sample of this and haven't tried it yet. Hopefully it works okay and doesn't crease. (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful review! A few days ago I had a chance to try it but instead tried and bought Laura Mercier. Regret:) Found one I love though Revlon Age Defying Moisturizing concealer in the lightest color!

    PS. I wanted to tell you that you should try Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation in Sand. The one in the tube. If you haven't tried it yet. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice blog... visited here with a smile, take care always... feel free to visits me back at http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com (A Growing Teenager Diary)... thanks ~~~

    ReplyDelete