Saturday, May 26, 2012

Essence My Favorite Milkshake Stay with Me Lipgloss Review!

Essence My Favorite Milkshake Stay with Me Lipgloss


The Essence Stay With Me Lipglosses ($2.29 each, Ulta) are a small range of color-intense lipglosses, that leave your lips with creamy, long lasting color - and no sticky trail behind!

There are currently six (6) shades to choose from: Me & My Ice Cream, My Favorite Milkshake, Candy Bar, Kiss Kiss Kiss, Deep Rose and Hottest Pink.

I already own and have re-purchased the shade Me & My Ice Cream on a couple occasions, and when I spotted My Favorite Milkshake, it looked like a perfect natural lip color I can wear for on-the-go.

My Favorite Milkshake is a light, warm, natural pink with medium opacity. I think it's a shade that can work on just about anyone. Despite it being "warm", it's not overly warm and doesn't look yellow or orange on my lips when my skin is lighter. When I'm tan, this color still works perfectly, without washing me out like some pale pinks tend to do. It actually brightens my face up a little bit!

The consistency is a bit thick, but surprisingly moisturizing (kind of like a thick balm) and isn't sticky. The only lipgloss formula that's similar that comes to mind is MAC Cremesheen Glass, or MAC Lipglass without the stickiness. Because of it's thicker texture, the wear time is pretty good with these, but because this shade in particular is pretty light, the color sheers out after a while of wear.


My Favorite Milkshake on my lips


You may notice the unique shaped applicator - it has an hourglass shape that when applied, the middle hugs the contours of your lips for easy application. Even though I've been using the Stay With Me lipglosses for a long time, I'm still deciding whether I like the applicator. For the bottom lip, sure it's great. But you have to use the rounded tip to coat your top lip, which is a little.. well.. different.

It does contain a fragrance like many brands targeted at younger girls do, but it's not something that bothers me. I am a bit sensitive to obnoxious, artificial fruity or sweet scented lip products, but the scent in this gloss is very faint and doesn't bother me one bit - it's kinda fruity, kinda plasticy?


Overall, I really love the Essence Stay With Me Lip glosses. The formula is great, and they feel equally as great on the lips. They often come out with really fun colors, and for those who don't like shimmer, these may be your new best friend! Definitely check them out if you have to access to Essence in your area. 

*Essence is a German drugstore brand with a price range comparable to Wet n Wild or NYC. 

The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Creamy (non-sticky) consistency that spreads evenly on the lips
  • Good pigmentation - medium opacity
  • Non-drying formula
  • Good Lasting Power
  • This particular color works well on my skintone without washing me out
  • Inexpensive
Cons:
  • The wand applicator may not be to everyone's liking. I'm 50/50 on it, but I don't mind given the price
  • Limited availability 
Price: $2.29, Ulta.

19 comments:

  1. The color looks great on you :)
    Merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these lipglosses! Candybar is my favourite. It's a bright coral. I heard the applicator can be annoying for those with smaller lips. For me, it works just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, how I love this lipgloss! It's my favourite. This colour and the pink one! Greetings from Poland! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see them all the time , i will know pick one up

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want this so bad, the color is so lovely.. Just like the last gloss u reviewed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering what is the best lipgloss you ever tried? Formula wise. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty color! I have never tried this product before, but will definitely have to check it out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! So glad the Essence is available in Canada now! totally going to check this out! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried the essence lips, but that shade looks so perfect I might have to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your review cam just in time! We just recently got Essence in my local drugstore and although I've passed by the display in a rush a few times, I'm lost at what to try out first. I'm a sucker for pigmented gloss so I'm excited to hear that this one has good colour payoff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very very pretty shade! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely shade - it's great when a gloss isn't sticky!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Essence is also cruelty free. That is a big plus.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have this in two other shades and I'm pretty fond of it. Hrm. I haven't seen this color but i'll want to try it out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I own the essence stay with me longlasting lipgloss in candy bar. It gives off a sheer orange berry shade on my lips leaving them feeling smooth and not sticky. Love it for those days I don't feel like wearing a nude lip. Thanks for the review on the milkshake gloss Miss Natty!
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this and Me & My Ice Cream and love the colors! I have to say I don't care to much for the smell but it doesn't bother me too bad.

    I think the applicator is different in a good way..well for the bottom lip! haha I like how it goes on great for the bottom I found I have to use the end for my top lip too. Great post. I feel so behind on your blog!

    www.MirandasMakeupandMore.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice color...really suits u :) m following

    http://cosmetique1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete