Sunday, May 13, 2012

Guest Post: Review: Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation


Guest Post Written by Lindsay
We're all on an endless journey to discovering our favorite foundation - From one foundation fanatic to another, Lindsay of 'Lindsay C Makeup' shares with us her opinion on Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation.



Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

I am a foundation addict! I can admit it. I have found many foundations I love or really like but I have yet to declare one my *Holy Grail.* So far, I have been loving my Bobbi Brown foundation.

The Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation claims:
It gives skin a soft, healthy, even-toned glow as it helps reverse the visible signs of aging. Formulated with a natural collagen boosting, skin firming blend of Hexapeptides and Milk Thistle Extract. Softens fine lines and imperfections. Skin looks and feels refreshed, renewed and beautifully luminous. Offers medium-to-full coverage. For Normal to Dry Skin.

Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation in Natural Tan 4.25 (MAC NW35-40 equivalent)

This foundation is definitely moisturizing! It kept my super-dry skin moisturized throughout the whole day. The consistency and feel reminds me of NARS Sheer Glow. However, I feel the Bobbi Brown lasts much longer but a bit more matte than Sheer Glow. It gives a 'luminous' finish without looking glittery or shiny. The website claims it provides medium to full coverage, but I found it to be more light maybe light-medium coverage. The foundation blends nicely with a foundation brush or sponge. Overall, I'd rate it an 8/10 because it gives me a natural glow without fading throughout the day.




Pros
Natural luminous/glowing finish
Long-lasting
Doesn't break me out
Photographs well

Cons
Difficult to build coverage without adding shine
Only suited for dry skin
No dispenser pump
Price Tag of $46



Guest Post Written by Lindsay
My name is Lindsay and I am a 22 year old freelance makeup artist and owner of Lindsay C Makeup in Toronto, Canada. I have a blog called Lindsay C Makeup Artist where I share Pro Tips, Reviews and Looks. I am also a student and aspiring to head into law school next year. You can visit my blog at lindsaycmakeup.com!
Where you can find me:     

14 comments:

  1. I've been loving these posts! Such a cool way to discover new blogs.
    I actually think I might send you over a guest post myself, just gotta get the link on your page to work for me.
    When I click it, it says I don't have access to view the page :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm so glad you like them! Thank you for letting me know about the broken link - It's all fixed!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review - this was on my list of next-foundations-to-try list.. but I think I will skip this one because it seems to runny for me and not enough coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I been meaning to try this foundation out... :)
    Merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I like to read about this type of foundations that are not that cheat to try out! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this foundation! I have combination skin but it's good for the dry areas, <3 it :0)

    http://themakeupjunkieblog-catb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very nice foundation. I've been using it for a few months. And just an FYI - The MAC foundation pump that is sold seperately fits on this bottle. I just snipped off a small portion of the tubing and voila! Perfect fit! I normally won't buy foundation without a pump, but I couldn't pass on this BB one and I was determined to find a pump that fit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great review you of foundation you shared and good to give it a try as well. Thanks for this useful post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't agree that it was long lasting... maybe it was something I missed in putting on (only did primer). But when I tell YOU, for your skin- it's magical. It's especially noticeable that as I'm trying to get rid of all my products before I buy new (beauty on a budget), this MAC is DEF not the same.

    ReplyDelete