Wednesday, August 31, 2011

NOTD: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polish in Bronze Ablaze!

Bronze Ablaze is one of those shades that's a little difficult to describe. It's a metallic brassy-bronze-brown with flecks of micro-shimmer that are only really visible in the sunlight. At certain angles the shade gives off a greenish-gold pearl. A shade that I find is definitely unique and looks a little more "high end" than it really is. It's only around for a limited time as it's a part of their Fall 2011 release.

If you're familiar with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish range (the Insta-Dri top coat is a favorite of mine!) the wand is very large and flat, as is the brush. It's a bit similar to the Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Polish wand, but a little larger. For those of you with very short nails, it may be troublesome painting your nails with such a large wand, but for those of you with long nails, it makes things much easier.


I can't tell you how excited I was with this polish. I deemed it my fall favorite and anticipated purchasing a back-up. It's just such a pretty shade and I mostly wear neutrals, khaki green and tan - so this pretty much matches with everything in my wardrobe. The wear time is pretty good - almost a full week. Now, the downside with this polish is the terrible formula. It's a little on the thick side, so it's fairly opaque with one coat. It does dry semi-quickly, but after the second coat, it didn't dry as quick. With any nail polish, I always wait around 3-4 minutes and apply my Seche Vite Top Coat and within 30 seconds they are dry to the touch. But not with this polish. Several minutes after I applied my Seche Vite, my nails felt almost sticky to the touch - causing a few faint fingerprints on a couple of nails. Also, I got a few nicks on my nails. If that wasn't bad enough  little bubbles started to appear. Fantastic! 

So my problem probably was that I applied too heavy of a second coat, but I find it hard to avoid because of the thick formula and huge brush. I will try to be patient with this polish because I really do love it. I don't think the photo does this shade justice.. you should check it out at your local drugstore. 

What's your favorite Fall nail polish? I know Summer isn't even over yet, but Fall is my favorite season and I already started wearing my vampy polishes a little early. 

16 comments:

  1. Love that color!!!!

    http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a an unusual colour, but i love it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually love the Sally Hansen Quick formula. I think it applies thick yes, but that makes it more covering (more quickly). The clear coat is so fast, too. You literally apply and off ya go! This is a cool color...fun for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color, very different but looks pretty! I hate that formula of Sally Hansen they chip very fast and the wand is just so think, and messy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That colour looks totally gorgeous!! Sally Hansen never fails to impress me - great formulas and awesome colour selection!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that color, such a perfect one for fall! My favorite nail color for fall is one I found called resort to red by color club. Gorgeous metallic red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wand, it's just perfect, and this color is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is gorgeous! Sally Hansen has some amazing colors...I think my favorite fall color is probably Midnight in Moscow from OPI

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty!!! I've been waiting for Fall to come around to pull out all my Fall colors.. I'm all summer-polished out! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an amazing colour! it's so antique looking! Just LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very pretty color, perfect for fall!! I love how shiny your nails are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like this colour a lot.Will be getting it .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you think its a dupe for Chanel Peridot?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is so pretty! It really looks amazing, I wish I was good at doing nail art.

    ReplyDelete