Monday, August 1, 2011

MAC Freckletone Lipstick Review, Photos and Swatches!

mac freckletone lipstick

MAC Freckletone Lipstick

MAC Freckletone Lipstick ($14.50) is a warm, sheer, nude peach with a shiny finish. It's a lustre formula, so if you're familiar with the MAC lustre family - it's smooth, creamy and feels great on the lips. I usually have to layer a lipgloss over most of my lipsticks because I love shine, but I don't need anything extra over Freckletone. The pigmentation is sheer, but buildable to medium coverage. It never quite reaches full coverage, but it can get two-thirds it's way there.

Freckletone was one of my first MAC lipstick purchases, and I've used it off and on for years. It's one of my favorites to wear when I'm tan (MAC NC30-NC40 range). It doesn't seem to look right on me when I'm lighter. When I'm around NC15-20, it looks a bit orange/brown on my lips. I think it's best geared toward medium to tan skin tones. I love pairing it with an equally warm lip liner, such as MAC Spice or Stripdown Lip Liner. It also looks great paired with warm-toned blush and earthy-toned eyeshadows.

mac freckletone lipstick review

mac freckletone lipstick swatch
MAC Freckletone on my lips

mac freckletone lipstick review

mac freckletone

Here are a few comparisons to very similar shades. It's a bit similar to Peachstock, but Peachstock is much more opaque - and I personally like Freckletone much better and find it to be more wearable. It also closely compares to Nars Honolulu Honey.
From Left to Right: OCC Trick Lip Tar, MAC Peachstock Lipstick, MAC Freckletone Lipstick and NARS Honolulu Honey Lipstick.

Do you own Freckletone?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review + swatches. It's a really beautiful color that I've been looking for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the swatches! I've been trying to decide between, Freckletone and Honolulu Honey. Honolulu Honey reviews are hard to find so it really helps!

    ReplyDelete