Wednesday, July 6, 2011

MAC Dollymix Blush Review, Photos and Swatches!

mac dollymix blush review

MAC Dollymix Blush

MAC Dollymix Blush is described on the MAC website as a pure candy pink. It's a bright hot pink in the pan, so it might be intimidating to some, but applied in a sheer layer, it can look very natural. It's a pigmented blush overall, so you have to apply Dollymix with a light hand.

I'm not a huge fan of shimmery blushes, but I don't find the shimmer in MAC's Sheertone Shimmer formula to be overpowering. The Sheertone Shimmer Blushes are very smooth, and apply evenly.

Dollymix is a "cult favorite" from MAC for a very good reason. It instantly livens up the face with a bright girly pink sheen that is flattering on all skin tones. It's especially nice on warm/tan skin tones because the pink itself isn't overly cool-toned. I love wearing it in the summertime when my skin is extra bronzed.

MAC Dollymix Blush Review

MAC Dollymix Blush Swatch

I like applying Dollymix with a duo-fiber stippling brush or a fan brush to avoid applying too much at once.


I've tried several pink blushes over the years, and Dollymix  has been a staple in my collection and remains to be my favorite pink blush. 

If you are in the market for a pink blush, the next time you find yourself near a MAC counter, definitely have a sales associate apply it to your cheeks. You'll fall in love!

mac dollymix

MAC Dollymix Swatches
Here's a fantastic swatch comparison to other MAC pink blushes. (Photo Credit: Karla Sugar)

Do you own Dollymix? What's your favorite pink blush?

2 comments: