Thursday, November 11, 2010

OCC Cha Cha Lip Tar Review, Photos and Swatches!

OCC Cha Cha Lip Tar

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars combine the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish. Ultra-saturated in color, Lip Tar contains an unprecedented amount of pigment - a little goes a very, very long way! An intense yet featherweight layer of color that stands up to the scrutiny of Hi-Def Video and Digital Photography, without ever looking (or feeling!) heavy. Meant to be mixed, Lip Tar comes in concise array of colors for a limitless selection of shades made by you!

100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free
Free of Parabens and Harsh Preservatives

Cha Cha is described on the OCC website as a pinked cantaloupe.

occ cha cha lip tar

occ cha cha lip tar

occ cha cha lip tar

When I opened the package at first glance, I wasn't sure if the color was going to work for me. It looks almost neon coral in the tube. But, once applied to the lips, the color comes out a lot lighter. It is bright, nevertheless.. but it isn't anything like MAC Vegas Volt.. What it actually reminds me of is MAC Everhip with Myth layered on top. It's like a very opaque, light peachy coral with a hint of pink.

occ cha cha swatch

occ cha cha

Application: Because it is so pigmented, you only need a tiny drop. I've made the mistake a few times of applying too much and it was WAY too much pigment on my lips and it got all over my teeth (LOL.. eek!). A little goes a long way. Start out with less.. and then build the color to where you want it. The more you apply, the more opaque your lips look. The best way of applying this is with a lip brush or if you don't have one.. the wand of your lip gloss.

Overall: I love this lip tar. I've been wearing it everyday. The color is pretty long lasting, non sticky and even though it dries to a satin, it doesn't dry out my lips. Most days I mix it with clear gloss or Revlon Life's a Peach lip gloss. I highly recommend this shade if you are a peach lover.

Also, check out BUBBLEGARM's recent review for Cha Cha!

Have you tried this shade or any others? What are your favorites?

11 comments:

  1. This color looks very nice on you... very similar to some of the other colors you have posted about.

    When I think of OCC lip tars I think of the blue, green, and other colors that are more theatrical but I just took at their shades on their site and they do offer a lot of everyday shades.

    I may try them out one of these days! nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I need this the color looks crazy good on you I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky lucky girl. I want the lip tar in Hush!

    jluvbirdee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just posted about Lip Tars today too. I have Memento and Pageant -- both amazing. Love the look of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I have Anime (hot pink) and NSFW (primary red) and I love them, but they are way too intense for everyday. This color looks perfect to wear daily. This just went on my list of things to get lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, this is HAWT! Looks so pretty on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been loving Cha Cha ever since I got it couple months ago, it's such a beautiful color!! This is my only OCC liptar but I will definitely be getting a couple more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They don't have OCC in Japan so I've never tried it :( I wish I could, I find a lot of beauty gurus on youtube seem to love it! Anyway, that color looks gorgeous on you♥

    xoxo
    Ai

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natty- this is such a comprehensive review-thanks!! Your lips always look fab!

    XO
    Jolene
    jewelrybeadsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog! it is great. I have some excellent make-up and skin care products you will probably enjoy :) http://ofracosmetic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete