Monday, March 1, 2010

NARS Night Clubbing Eye Shadow + Photos & Swatches!


I'm on a complete NARS craze. I got my first single eye shadow and I think it may be my favorite eyeshadow I own, or at least in the top 3.

NARS (powder) eye shadows are broken down into 3 categories-
The Matte Collection: Ultra velvet, non shimmering shades with high pay off. Great for lining & creating depth.

The Shimmer Collection: Rich, soft, lustrous shades with a subtle sheen.

The Nightlife Collection: Ultra velvet shades with tone on tone sparkling effects & high pay off.

Night Clubbing falls into the Nightlife shades. It is a rich black with golden shimmer. With the mixture of gold and black, it sort of plays tricks on your eyes and makes it appear olive colored. Olive is the color you would get from mixing black and yellow/gold together. The payoff is absolutely amazing. To get the swatch I only had to touch the eye shadow I didn't even have to swipe my finger across it. It is very intense. You could also intensify the color by applying it wet. I bet this would make a pretty amazing liner applied wet.

I'm wearing it today smudged into my black liner and I'm in love :)



How beautiful is this!? The pigmentation is crazy!


The color somewhat reminds me of MAC Gilt By Association or MAC Carbon with Antiqued Gold Pigment over it.

I'm so excited to get my hands on more NARS. Some eye shadows I've got my eyes on next are:

Ashes to Ashes, Baby Girl, Cairo, Fathom, Fez, Galapagos, Mekong, Night Porter & Voyage.

Here are some pretty awesome swatches of the Night Collection I found..

Do you have any favorites????

19 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Come check out my blog:
    styleemm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, those are gorgeous. I've never tried any NARS eyeshadows but from the swatches Porter, Flight, Snow, and Fever look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that pigmentation! WOW! I am in love with the shadow you got and 'Flight'! How pretty! I really want to get 'Mekong'. It's a super pretty dark brown that I hear is great for creating smokey eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omggg Night Clubbing looks amaazzzing. I think the colour pay off is actually better than the MAC Style Black shadows actually.

    I highly recommend Fez and Galapagos! I prefer the shimmery NARS shadows to the matte ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those are all so pretty! I've never tried any Nars products, but I just might have to now! That black with gold looks like it would jazz up a simple outfit of tee + leggings ^_^ All those colors you swatched are so pigmented.. I don't think I've seen any other brand that looks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Night Series reminds me of the Style Black MES. You got me on a NARS craze after seeing all your blushes... I've been obsessed! haha. I'm gonna pick up Lovejoy, Amour, Luster, and Madly on my next visit... *hangs head in shame*

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh ive been wanting this shadow so badly. its so beautiful! lucky you :)

    i think night porter is so gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Night Porter, love it!

    NYX Eyeshadow Trio in Lake Moss is an affordable dupe for these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this looks so pretty, and I can imagine it would go with so many looks because it does reflect gold as apposed to a primary color or something. Thanks for the awesome swatch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my god these shadow are so pigmented and shimmery TOTALLY what I expect from e/s the Army green is definitely 2010 !

    Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love love LOVEE nars eyeshadow! but they're so pricey where i am, like $50 for one or something so i can't really collect much :( will have to buy through strawberry net! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the pigmentation is great! The color seems so dark and creamy. The Night Clubbing color does look a bit olive but it'll be perfect for a smokey look. I normally don't even look at the NARS eyeshadows because I'm so obsessed with their lipglosses and blushes! LOL. I'll have to check out the NARS e/s next time I'm at Sephora!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love NARS e/s. I have most of them, and I go crazy when he releases new ones. I'm loving the new Spring shades Kuala Lumpur and D Lovely at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the flight, porter & clubbing shades! Omg luv luv Thanks for this post!

    http://shellyannc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every day I become more and more of an eyeshadow snob, smh.

    I love this color and I need to buy this! I do not own any NARS e/s's, but I will someday! Great swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want all of those that you have swatched now.. grrr I always want everything you post about even when I don't need it haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty. Please do a look with it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that's so pretty! Perfect for a smokey eye!

    ReplyDelete