Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Peek at my New Betsey Johnson Handbag!

Early this week, my soon to be mom in-law treated me and my soon to be sister in-law to a new handbag! We went to the Saks Fifth Avenue (OFF 5TH) Outlet store. It was my 2nd time shopping there. When I walked into the handbag dept, I walked into heaven! LOL. I forgot what the discount was, but there was an extra percentage off of the already discounted price. I think 20-30%? So it was a great deal on lots of bags. I showed a little bit of interest in one bag in particular, and within an INSTANT, she ended up grabbing it and purchasing it for me. I'm still excited about this bag, I love it so much. I've been wearing it every day, but I think I'm going to empty it out and only wear it when I go out. I don't want it to be an every day bag and ruin it. It ended up costing under $150.. I don't remember the exact amount.

This bag is definitely my style. I love bows, gold hardware on bags (gold in general), chain straps and really, anything different/unusual.


It's a very luxurious bag. It feels like soft glove leather and has a polished look. It fits my large cosmetic bag, small cosmetic bag (for brushes only) and my large clutch wallet.. and it's not too heavy.


I really like this feature. Its like a little lock. To open the purse you have to turn the little square in the middle of the bow.



The interior is beautiful as well!

They also had matching wallets.. and this beautiful LOVCAT wallet I really wanted. It was a peachy pink with a gold rhinestone heart. My heart is jumping at the thought of it.. lol, but I can't find it in google images. My "sister in-law" got a beautiful, ruffled black Kenneth Cole bag for an amazing deal.. I can't find any pictures of it either.. :( If you have a Saks outlet near you.. I urge you to check it out!

Thanks for reading, lovelies!

17 comments:

  1. wow, I love! your new bag... sooo pretty, I have been steering away from buying new handbags lately because I feel like I have too many I don't use now, but this post is making me want a new one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm in love myself!

    <33 Rena
    rainbowbriteness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a beautiful bag!

    I've been thinking of investing in a Michael Kors bag, but I agree with you.. having something nice as an everyday bag deff. could get ruined easily.

    I love your blog, btw. I just realized this is my first time commenting. >.<

    Hope you're having a great week so far! :)

    xcasey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh super soft leather is my WEAKNESS!! lol. Love the gold hardware.
    I'm really liking that steel blue purse, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsey Johnson items really are very cute, quirky and unique!

    I love shopping for handbags at Off the Fifth, I have picked up jewelry & L.A.M.B. handbags/wallets from there!

    Super soft leather is quite my weakness, I can't stop touching it!

    Lovely handbag and so sweet of your future MIL to get it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope u went to the right Off 5th! the Schaumburg one stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oOoOoO wow very cute and stylish! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bag! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love bows too, this purse is way too cute, but omg I have such a purse addiction I really wish I hadn't seen these! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that bag! I love the gold bow against the black. I wouldn't want to use it as an everyday bag either.

    www.pinkshimmer03.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. If only they sold this bag in the UK :(

    It's lovely you lucky lady! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bag is too cute for words! I really want that wallet. I have a black bag with gold hardware; it'd match perfectly!

    The lining on the bag is really cute with the lace. Betsey Johnson makes such unique pieces!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats the cutest bag ever!

    ReplyDelete