Sunday, March 7, 2010

Essence Cosmetics - New to ULTA!

While browsing at ULTA yesterday, I noticed a new display of a brand called Essence. The Display had a bunch of pamphlets about the brand and their products (pictured below) Essence is a German brand (low end/drugstore brand) that is available to parts of Europe (The site says its available in Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland, Spain, Croatia, Italy, Switzerland and Austria) and its now available in the US. Pretty cool!! Everything is pretty much under $5 and by the looks of it, its very girly and aims at a younger crowd. Maybe like Wet n Wild? I only purchased one baked eyeshadow and a brow pencil to try them out and decide whether I'd want to purchase more. Click here to view all of Essence's products on the ULTA website or click here to view the official website. Oh! & they don't test on animals. :)




I wore the shadow today on my eyes. I just took a bit (dry) and used it as an all over lid color. Its a very nice gold. It slightly started to fade, but overall it works pretty well. I'd purchase other shades since they're only $2.99.


If you'd like me to take a swatch of the brow pencil, let me know. I haven't tried it out yet. They also had another new brand. I can't remember the name and I can't find any info on it. It is LA something. I thought it was LAColors but there is already a brand named that.. hmm confusing. Its a little more expensive than essence.. I would compare the prices to Milani (for example.. they had really pretty jars of eye dusts for $5.99 each) I really wanted to get a couple, but I'm going to wait till there is a sale on it. Any thoughts on the brand?

9 comments:

  1. LA Splash I believe. i saw on some blog that Essence had a nail stampy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essence is pretty popular in Germany, particularly with younger girls. Do they do the "pocket beauty" line in the US too? I don't rate their lip products, but they recently came out with a bunch of new eye products that are pretty popular. They have a concealer wheel that many like (I haven't tried that yet). And their clear skin range is nice too. I like essence, because you can find nice stuff for little money and they are cruelty free (!!!!), which is a big bonus for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of that brand, but the gold color is pretty! I wonder if the concealer wheel that Bia mentioned is being sold there yet. I need a good concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've seen posts of their nail polish before...i didn't know they had other stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nail polishes are nice (but not comparable to CG, Orly etc.). They also have nice limited editions throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have that brand in here to, it's really cheap and pretty popular. It's being considered a nice quality for little money and I agree, I got a few products and they fine, I like their eye pencils and light foundations, I don't really like the structure of their eyeshadows thought the quality is good as for that low price. The quality of nail polishes may vary, some colors tend to stay on your nails longer than others, I've heard some bad opinions about their yellow nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The products look nice!

    You must be talking about LA Splash, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Essence!! :) The lipliners, Black mania eyeliner and Black mania mascara are my favorite! And some eyeshadow colors are great too.

    ReplyDelete