Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Some Updates!

I haven't posted in days.. I've been pretty busy and it's been SO hot outside so I haven't really done my make up.

Friday I went to my best friends performance at the local mall.. she dances for a local singer/dancer named Andre B. It was an awesome show.. it didn't go exactly as planned and there were a couple minor mistakes, but it was a blast. I recorded it.. not the best quality.. but I uploaded it on YouTube.. my friends would definitely appreciate the feedback, so please leave a comment if you liked it!
Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Wh0zUL3W4

Here's a pic of me I snapped on my way home in my car.. lol I wore long sleeves thinking it was going to be cool outside.. I was so wrong.. I was sweating my butt off. I have my bike in my trunk from my 16 mile long bike ride from last week.. I need to take it out. I've been too lazy.


Lately, I am obsessed with listening to Lady Gaga - Paparazzi.. I keep listening to it over and over.. lol and watching the video. If you haven't seen it.. its really crazy and different.. like her style. I think it's really cool though.. and I absolutely love her. Here's a link to the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOrKLUlh-To

Anyway, I purchased a couple of things at CVS yesterday. I never shop there, I always go to Walgreen's.. but my friend needed to stop there.. so I started looking at makeup. O M G. They are soo expensive. I wanted to buy a ton of Milani stuff, but I'll buy that stuff at ULTA or Kmart.. I wasn't going to pay over $10 for a blush. I got Milani Eye Tech Liquid Liner for $6.99! I thought that was expensive, but I bought it anyway.. and I bought Maybelline Dream Matte Liquid Mousse in #2.5. I thought it was a good match, but I have a feeling its too light.


I didn't have any intention of buying a foundation, but I was swatching (i know, you're not suppose to in drugstores) different ones for my friend, and when I swatched the dream matte liquid, it looked very nice.. and I liked the texture of it.. it appeared to be a medium looking coverage. I think it was like$9.49?? Ridiculous for a drugstore foundation that most likely sucks.. in my opinion. lol But I really thought it would be good. I tried it out this morning.. I didn't have a brush on me.. or a moisturizer.. so I applied it to my face with my fingers.. and I'm not liking it too much.. I ended up taking it off. But I know the MAC 187 brush makes everything look good.. so i'll be testing this stuff out for the next few days and letting you know how it goes.

I really like the Milani eye liner pen. I like the fact that its small, so you can get close to your eye with it, and you have a lot more control. One thing I don't like about liner pens are, when I apply liner, its after my foundation.. so applying a marker like eye liner.. it tends to get makeup buildup on the felt tip, and it will stop working. But I had foundation all over my hand from swatching and drew on my hand with the pen and the foundation didn't come off on the tip. The color of this stuff is extremely black (you can go over it and will get darker), and it dries like liquid liner.. not like a marker (like Loreal Voluminous Marker Eyeliner) This is great if you like to do designs with liner.. such as leopard print, winged ends, "twiggy inspired" eyes.. etc. You can hold it straight for a thin line or sideways for a thicker line.

Here's a couple of swatches:

It makes drawing leopard print a breeze..

Previous Drugstore Haul Update:
Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation: I've been testing this out a bit.. And I'm going to give it 3.5 out of 5 stars. I was not wow'ed by this.. but it is definitely a good drugstore foundation, that has pretty good staying power. The finish is on the dewy side.. so for better staying power, I dusted a powder over it. The coverage is buildable, it has a good medium coverage.. it evened out my skin tone and covered most of my imperfections (I've been breaking out lately). The only reason I'm not giving this a 4 or 5 star is because the COLOR. For reference, I am a NC35-40 in MAC. The color I purchased was #200. It is too light for me. Then, there is two more colors that are darker, and they are both pink toned.. this color has more of a golden tone.. so i figured I can work with it.. and put on bronzer. But, putting on a lighter foundation tends to give a grey hue to my face? And I didn't like that at all.. So this foundation didn't work for me. If you are a NC30, or a lighter NC35.. this will work good for you. But I'm a dark NC35.. more towards 40. I don't think the color choices are good. I wish they had a color that matched me because this stuff is so reasonably priced.. and I would probably be using it all of the time. *sigh* :( I'll be using this when I don't have a tan.

Revlon Colorstay Lipstick in Smooth Nude: This is my now my HG drugstore lipstick. I didn't have an HG drugstore lipstick before this.. lol but this is on my list of "will repurchase when finished". I use it every day. Especially when I go out to dinner with friends or family.. So I won't have to reapply my lipstick at the table. I'll still have color on my lips after my meal with this. I LOVE this lipstick. When I think of Colorstay lip colors, I think about applying a creamy lipgloss that will dry like paint on your lips and then you put clear gloss over it.. and it will last for a few hours and then peel and crumble. And forget about reapplying.. you'll just have a gunky mess on your lips. That is not at all the case with this. When you apply it, its very smooth and goes on creamy. It will dry on your lips to a semi-matte.. but it is still a bit shiny. You'll be able to still rub your lips together without it feeling dry. It goes on as a light peach with a pink shine to it. The coverage is buildable. You can make your lips more translucent with the more coats you put. Apply a clear gloss over and you've got the perfect neutral lip. I like to apply a little foundation on my lips before applying this to tone down the color of my lips, so the lipstick will apply lighter. The lasting power is good.. It lasts me a few hours.. better than a MAC lipstick.. and when I reapply, it doesnt get cakey.. it will blend with the lipstick left on my lips. It does not make my lips dry out or peel. 4.5 out of 5 stars for this.



In these pictures I was trying to capture the color of the pink pearl, if you look closely, you can see it. In the pic of my lips, I started out with a bare lip and applied a little foundation to tone down my lip color.. and then the lipstick and clear gloss.

6 comments:

  1. You're so gorgeous!!!! Your lips are so beautiful i love how that lipstick looks on them!! I love that pic of u in the car too u look FIERCE!! Awesome post!

    http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous in that pic! I'm envious of your skin...its flawless and your tan is AMAZING!

    And about that song Paparazzi... I went through a faze when I first heard it on her c.d. and I could NOT stop listening to it. So much so, that my boyfriend was getting annoyed with me playing it on repeat. haha. But we're not the only one listening to it a lot... I told my friends about being obsessed with it and they secretly were too and never said anything. I also saw her in concert in March...she's amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look fabulous girl! I'm not a club hopper/drinker myself lol but definitely take some rad pics of khloe K. if you see her :)

    Thanks for the reviews! i agree, revlon lippies are better than MACs in texture <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. your too pretty :)

    i watched the paparazzi video and laughed my ass off at the triplets from daisy of love. lol

    oo i been wanting to try the matte moouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want the milani eye liner ! it's so pigmented !

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo i think i need smooth nude :) great post! x

    ReplyDelete