Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tarte Peaceful Amazonian Clay Blush Review, Photos, Swatches!

Tarte Peaceful Amazonian Clay Blush

Tarte Peaceful Amazonian Clay Blush

Tarte Peaceful Amazonian Clay Blush ($26) is described as a soft, nude-peach with slight shimmer. I'd consider it more of a medium rosy, coral-peach. When I'm a bit fairer, the color is more rosy, whereas when I'm more tan, the color is more vibrant and coral and pulls a bit orangey. With my warm, yellow undertones, most peach blushes turn somewhat orange on me (which isn't particularly a bad thing). I wouldn't consider it to be in the Nars Orgasm or MAC Springsheen family, although by the looks of it in the pan, it looks like it would be very pink-toned. That pink however deepens on the skin and gives more of a warm, rosy/flushed look.

I'm around the MAC NC30-NC35 coloring, and I like it on me. It's a pretty Summery shade and livens up my complexion. If you can't get enough peach blush, you might like this one. You have to make sure to use a light hand because the brush picks up quite a bit of product and it's very pigmented and can get bright/intense quickly. A stippling brush may be your best bet for light application.

Tarte Peaceful Amazonian Clay Blush

Tarte Peaceful Amazonian Clay Blush

Tarte Peaceful Amazonian Clay Blush Swatch


Tarte Peaceful Amazonian Clay Blush

Tarte Peaceful Amazonian Clay Blush Swatch

Tarte Peaceful Amazonian Clay Blush


The formula is soft, a bit powdery and nice to work with. The Amazonian Clay is also meant to be hydrating (yet oil minimizing) and despite the powderiness, it looks dewy and hydrating on my face.

I love the colors in the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush range, but I'm not sold on them yet. After purchasing Exposed because of the huge hype, I only wore it a handful of times and it's been sitting in my drawer ever since.

My main disappointment is that I don't think these blushes are particularly long wearing. According to many reviews, many find that these last much longer on the skin than other blush brands, but I don't really see it. I still have some fading after a few hours, and a light application is left by the end of the day - which is pretty average with most of my blushes. Exposed is usually completely gone by the end of the day.

I'd still like to give a couple more shades a shot, though. If you have any color recommendations from this line, let me know in the comments!


The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Very pigmented
  • Blends really well
  • Sits well on the skin without looking powdery
  • Formulated with some wonderful ingredients including Vitamins A, E, C and Amazonian Clay, which is said to reduce dryness and improve skin clarity, elasticity and texture while removing oil from the skin's surface for smooth application and wear.
  • Magnetized pans - you can pop them out easily and put them directly in a palette
  • Vegan - cruelty free
Cons:
  • I wasn't crazy about how this shade looks after several hours on my skin - it looks more orange than anything else
  • I don't find that it lasts 12 hours, but it lasts well through the day with some fading
Price: $26, Tarte and Sephora.

19 comments:

  1. I really want to try a tarte blush! Have heard great things!

    UK beauty blog sale including nars, MAC, armani, clinique and more. http://talisatalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/massive-blog-sale-products-from-nars.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! Never heard this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it effective?Anyone else has used it before?Want to buy one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna try one of these so bad but they're kinda hard to find! Love your blog :) :) This is my first comment here! <3

    http://www.glamdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These blushes are so hyped I want to try one of these, nice review.
    http://glam-me-gal.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try Glisten! It is gorgeous and its my favorite from these blushes :) I don't find it long wearing like it claims but I think that has to do with my oiliness. However, from many blushes I've tried it is one of the longer wearing ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shade Natural Beauty. It's a really unique strawberry tone and gives you a super natural flush. Think Benetint in a powder!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you Natty, these were not long lasting on me either. The only blush that lasts all day on me is IT Cosmetics Vitality Cheek Flush Blush Stain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been lusting after these for months; I really need to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that blush color is really pretty! The only thing I don't like about tarte blushes is that some of the pink/prettiest colors have way too much shimmer

    ReplyDelete
  11. 12 hours is a big claim. I do love the tarte blushes, but sad to hear this one looks orange after a bit! Thanks for the review! http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pictures of the blush. Looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this blush. I have the shade "Charisma" and love it. It's deinitely more of a spring/summer color, but it is one of my favorites, and lasts all day. I also love their Amazonian Clay Foundation in the liquid formulation. It has great full coverage that really does last all day. I just ordered the powder foundation, and I haven't decided if I like it better than the liquid version or not.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like the pictures of the blush, it looks awesome.
    http://goo.gl/gTHwJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the Tarte blushes! Here's my review of them http://facesbysam.blogspot.com/2013/04/tarte-makeup-haul.html and my favorite new colors that I picked up in a haul a while back http://facesbysam.blogspot.com/2013/04/tarte-makeup-haul.html. Frisky is definitely one of my favorites, along with Blushing Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have Dollface, Exposed, Blissful, Flush, and Buff... Dollface and Blissful are definitely my favorites.

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that colour blush!

    I´m following now you. Would you like to visit my blog and follow me bakc?

    xx

    http://envueltaencrema.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  18. i have one and i loooove it!!! makeup fades on my face fast but this lasts well for me! of course different formulas work better for different people :).

    ReplyDelete