Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara Review!

Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara

Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara ($7) is a new mascara that promises to provide 360 degrees of volume to your top and bottom lashes for a wide-awake effect. This mascara is double-sided with two different brushes, designed to be used individually on the top and bottom lashes.

The upper lash brush has a fluffy, twisted, spiral design. I'm personally not the biggest fan of the twisty design - The bristles are all different lengths and aren't uniform all the way around. I find that the awkward shape doesn't allow even coverage with each stroke.

The bottom lash brush is very small and thin and is perfect for coating the bottom and corner lashes. It doesn't over-apply product which is super nice, and separates really well. If you have very short top lashes, this may be helpful for your top and bottom lashes.


The formula is pretty wet and is a super dark glossy black - reminiscent of other washable mascaras and tubing mascaras I've used in the past. Every black isn't created equal in the mascara world, and I personally as deep and rich of a black as I could find. I can vouch that this mascara is one of the blackest I've used. Due to this, after a few coats, your lashes will be super noticeable, even from a distance.

It builds volume super quick, but with each additional coat, expect some clumping. A clean spoolie is really helpful. If you're a natural mascara kind of girl - one coat with this mascara is great. Of course I'm all for dramatic lashes, so I just carefully comb through my lashes until my desired effect. I always curl my lashes prior and apply a mascara primer for the best results.

Unfortunately no length is achieved what-so-ever, which for me is probably the biggest downfall. Some days I'll apply one coat of a lengthening mascara and apply this mascara as my second coat for volume.

It's supposedly smudge-proof, but after several hours I have minimal transfer under my eyes. It's also a washable mascara, so it comes off really easily with warm water.


I apologize in advance for my clumpy lashes in the last photo - I couldn't find a lash comb. 





Overall I like this mascara, but I wish it extended my lashes better. I think it's worth a try if you'd like to try a new mascara. If you have short bottom (or upper) lashes, the separate lower lash brush is like a God-send!


Have you tried this mascara? What'd you think of it?


The Round-Up

Pros:
  • The two separate brushes is a great concept - the upper lash brush builds volume well and the bottom lash brush is small and lightly coats the bottom and corner lashes.
  • Builds volume quickly and easily
  • Deep-dark black formula puts emphasis on the lashes, making them more noticeable
  • Super easy to remove with warm water. Doesn't pull the lashes out and doesn't leave residue behind.
Cons:
  • Doesn't lengthen 
  • Formula doesn't hold a tight curl - it weighs my lashes down slightly making my curl drop
  • Minor smudges under my eyes after several hours

Price: $7, at your local drugstore.

17 comments:

  1. nice review ;)

    http://jtinebeautyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review..
    though i like mascara that lengthens ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow nice product really, i dont have it yet, thaks for review ^^
    i am new followers, would you like to follow each other? thank you

    http://sistersdyne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I just found your blog and I love it! Your reviews and tutorials are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lashes look super intense with the two coats! I actually really enjoy this mascara and I love the tiny wand for bottom lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the wand for bottom lashes reminds me of the one you can find in Loreal Telescopic mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice review. This mascara really offers heavy emphasis with 2 coats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, Im in the market for a new mascara but I need it to be lengthening and thickening. I really want to try that Maybelline one that comes in a turquoise tube... as a matter of fact, im going to check your blog to see if you reviewed it :)

    Xo
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CcCrystalChain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you found a new mascara yet? I'd love to hear your thought on Younique's mascara! www.youniqueproducts.com/shaunagray

      Delete
  10. It looks very good on you
    http://betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a Maybelline Falsies Mascara fanatic. I keep trying other mascaras just out of curiosity but always revert back to Falsies Black Drama in Black Noir. I had no idea they came out with this other one but will have to run over to the drugstore and snatch it up!

    Very in-depth, detailed review. Will have to take some notes from you ;-)

    http://petiteswede.com/

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally a decent review! I have kind of oily eyelids so I'll probably be getting it in waterproof! Thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you already have beautiful lashes yourself :) Good review though, I'm a big fan of maybelline's falsies' mascara's, but I think I'm going to skip this one.... Nice website !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Younique product are very good for in use

    ReplyDelete