Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tag: What's in my Bag???

My last "What's in my Bag?" post was almost two years ago, so I thought it was about time for an update! (View my 2009 post HERE)

The bag I'm wearing right now is a "Coach Penelope Signature Large Shopper". I received it as a birthday gift from my brother, maybe two years ago. I don't wear it very often because it can get so easily dirty, but I do wear it short term during the Spring/Summer. I'm really not a Coach bag lover. My Coach obsession was pretty much gone by the age of 19, after purchasing numerous pairs of Coach shoes and bags. Don't get me wrong, I like Coach style bags. Just the ones that don't scream Coach with the signature C's. I prefer their leather bags.

Anyway, onto what's inside..
 Right now my bag is fairly organized (sort of) because I recently cleaned it out. I typically try to clean out my bag once a week, throwing out receipts, emptying loose change, taking out unnecessary items that I tossed in while in a hurry, etc.

-Cosmetic Bag
-Chanel Double Perfection Compact - I mainly use this for touch-ups. It's a fairly large compact, so it doesn't usually fit in my cosmetic bag.
-Gotta B' Urban Brush Roll - I only have three brushes inside, which are my most necessary brushes; my Coastal Scents Flat Top Foundation Brush, ELF Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush and Sigma Angled Contour Brush. I purchased the brush roll at Marshall's a couple of years back. It's small and perfect for travel.
-Marc Jacobs Zip Around Wallet - I've had this wallet for around 3 years, and it has been my favorite wallet since. Every time I purchase a new wallet, I always go back to this one because it fits everything the best.
-T-Mobile My Touch Cell Phone
-Keys
     COSMETIC BAG
     
    Here's a closer look of what I'm carrying in my cosmetic bag right now. I do alternate often, so what I carry in my cosmetic bag differs week to week. 

    -Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara in Black
    -Revlon Eyelash Glue
    -ELF Compact containing MAC Carbon, MAC Typographic, MAC Espresso and MAC Ricepaper. I use Espresso for both my brows and eyes.
    -Bourjois Two Tone Eyeliner in Noir & Blanc - A double sided black and white eyeliner pencil.
    -Hard Candy Glamouflage in Light
    -Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 220 - I typically apply this over my HC Glamouflage to match my skin tone better. (it's a little mangled because my pup got a hold of it)
    -Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation - In a small screw top jar for travel, to take up less space in my bag.
    -Rimmel Stay Matte Transparent Powder in #001
    -Chanel Double Perfection Compact in #115 Suede
    -Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base (travel size)
    -Guerlain Terracotta Light Bronzing Powder in Brunettes 02
    -Nars Madly Blush
    -Metal Eyelash Comb
    -Revlon Colorstay Nude Lip Liner
    -A mixture of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars in Hush, Trick, Divine and Cha Cha. It makes the perfect color!
    -Coastal Scents Lip Brush
    -MAC Smile Dazzleglass 
      MISC ITEMS
      -Anti-bacterial Wipes
      -Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer
      -St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Lotion
      -Glass Nail File
      -Hair Brush (half broken - a mirror was connected to it at some point)
      -Pen
         MORE MISC ITEMS..
        -Dog Leash and Harness
        -Dog Comb (to comb out his eye crust.. LOL)
        -Hair Scrunchies
        -Victoria's Secret Mints
        -Artificial Sweetener - I always have some in my bag in case I order a coffee and it's not sweet enough. haha
        -Band-aids
        -Midol
        -Random Coupons
        -"Love Is.." Comic
          Looking at everything I have in my bag, I have quite a bit. It of course depends on what bag I'm carrying.. because the larger the bag, the more items I tend to carry with me and the smaller the bag, obviously I can't carry as much. Everything I have in my bag is necessary for me though. I always carry my makeup with me because I very often do my makeup on the go (often times in the car). I could probably cut back on the "Misc" items, but I like to always be prepared. :)

          How about you? Do you carry less/more? Also, if you have a "What's in my Bag" post, I'd love to see it! Share the link in my comments!

          19 comments:

          1. Cute bag, but I am with you on the signature thing. I have quite a few Coach bags, and only two are fabric.

            Great post!

            ReplyDelete
          2. Thats so funny, I have the exact same broken pink brush/mirror combo. Either it was poorly made, or we were rough with it :)

            I carry WAY too much crap in my bag. Especially receipts, coupons I've printed, etc.

            Cute bag. And yeah, I prefer their leather bags as well, I purchased a new one recently. A carry-all, very similar to the one you have picture, and its full of junk lol

            ReplyDelete
          3. Wow i though i carry a lot in my bag

            ReplyDelete
          4. @bettzy93 @missnatty i though i had allot in my bag too, but maybe just maybe i have little more that's why my bag so big :)

            ReplyDelete
          5. Hahah I thought i was the one who carried way too many in my bag. :) thanks for the post!

            ReplyDelete
          6. Haha I feel the same way about Coach bags and I always carry a milion things because god forbid I'm not prepared. Does George ask you why you carry so much stuff? Lol... My bf is always like, holy cow how are you not ripppped? this thing weighs like 98732 pounds!

            ReplyDelete
          7. MissBrittanyBoo - LOL too funny! Probably because it was only $1 haha Yeah, me too. My wallet probably weighs ten pounds from coupons and receipts lol

            bettzy93 - LOL, I think it looks like more than it really is.. but yeah, probably a lot for an average person.

            MariaAndrea van der wall arneman - Haha! That's the good thing about big bags.. But then they weigh so dang much! I've been downsizing to smaller bags lately, but I just can't do it. lol

            Emily - LOL "God forbid i'm not prepared". I always like being the one that has it all in my bag. Do you have a headache? Need tylenol? Need some gum? A band-aid? Hair Spray? Tooth Pick? lol Nope, he never asks. I do on occasion hand him my bag when it's feeling extra heavy and he looks at me like I'm crazy. He's so use to it by now, If I come out with a back pack, he probably wouldn't even say anything. lmao

            ReplyDelete
          8. Thanks so much everyone for commenting!

            ReplyDelete
          9. You are beautiful!! Nice blog!
            Aylin
            aylinarkac@blogspot.com

            ReplyDelete
          10. You're like me - I need a huge bag too! thanks for sharing!

            ReplyDelete
          11. Greetings from Athens, Greece.
            Two recommendations, if i may: face sunblock and sun glasses. I don't usually carry makeup in my bag except for concealer and lip balm as the temperature where I live is quite high (i normally store my makeup and moisturizing cream in the fridge in the summer, so you get the picture... ;P.)
            Keep up the good work, nice blog!

            ReplyDelete
          12. This is too much fun! I love these!!

            ReplyDelete
          13. oh and I just had to laugh when I read you like Coach bags but not like you use to. Only the leather ones without the C's. LOL I feel the same exact way! I just bought two bags and a wallet...no C's. LOL Hubby though, he had to have the leather navy men's wallet with C's all over it:)

            ReplyDelete
          14. Have you ever tried using the Coach formulated cleaning wipes? I've heard they're the only product that actually works on those bags. I've tried everything on mine...baby wipes, leather cleaner, etc. but can't ever get the canvas ones clean! Ugh.

            ReplyDelete
          15. I love these kind of posts because I see stuff that people carry in their bags that I think, "I should carry that too!"

            ReplyDelete
          16. I love your bag it's gorgeous:):) I love your Nars blush looks really nice..I wish I could get Covergirl Cosmetics in Ireland xxx

            ReplyDelete
          17. Great and really wonderful. I found this site really awesome.

            ReplyDelete
          18. My Fiance' just bought me a beautiful signature Poppy Rocker in Khaki/Bronze with Silver Hardware..I also like these types of blogs.

            ReplyDelete
          19. I'm thinking of doing a whats in my bag post too but i really like your coach bag..its cute!


            http://www.shellzdoll.com/

            ReplyDelete