Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wet n Wild Willow Lip Liner Pencil Review + a Few Comparisons!

wet n wild willow lip liner

Wet n Wild Willow Lip Liner

Wet n Wild Color Icon Lip Liner comes in a small variety of everyday, wearable shades. There are six (6) shades in total, and my favorite of the six is #712 Willow.

Willow is a caramel nude shade that is suitable for a wide range of lip colors. It's a bit warmer than my natural lip color and works exceptionally well paired with warm nudes, peaches and pinks.

When it comes to lip liner, I prefer a dry formula opposed to a creamy formula, because the drier consistency pencils tend to hold up better through meals, beverages and average wear throughout the day. This particular pencil has a great formula. In comparison to MAC Lip Pencils, it's quite similar in texture, but a little less creamy. It doesn't glide as well as MAC, but it's not so dry where it tugs my lips and crumbles up. Overall, a fantastic deal for the price (99 cents).

wet n wild willow lip liner

Swatches:
Wet n Wild Willow Lip Pencil, MAC Hover Lip Pencil, MAC Subculture Lip Pencil and Sephora Nano #2 Lip Pencil.

Willow is actually very similar to all of the shades swatched, but it has the warmest tone of the four.

Wet n Wild Willow Lip Pencil, MAC Peachstock Lipstick and MAC Clear Lip glass.

8 comments:

  1. Wow that is a great price i wish we had wet n wild in the UK! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just bought this 2 days ago and noticed when I got home how similar to Subculture it was! I was so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this lip pencil! And it's wet n wild...Who woulda thought. I must have this :) Your makeup always looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I need to get me this! It looks great on you.

    -Dinah
    dgsbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, everyone for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually just bought this 2 days ago and noticed when I got home how similar to Subculture it was! I was so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the gloss you get. The color is really nice for day or night. I guess depending on what you wear. But I'm gonna try it.

    ReplyDelete