Sunday, February 20, 2011

NOTD: OPI Miami Beet!

 I had planned to do my nails today with Wet n Wild's "Grey Anatomy" Nail Polish that I purchased last month, but I couldn't find the bottle for the life of me. So, I just grabbed any polish from my drawer and quickly polished my nails before leaving out with my mom for the day!

Miami Beet is a cream formula polish that is a deep red purple, the true color of ripened beets. In artificial lighting (indoors) it appears to be a deep red, but in the sunlight or florescent lighting it's a deep fuchsia. Miami Beet is an older polish from OPI's South Beach Collection from the Spring/Summer of 2009.. I got a hold of this polish last summer in a swap, and this is probably only my second time wearing it. 
Two (2) coats of OPI Miami Beet & One (1) coat of Rimmel Lasting Finish Top Coat.
Lighting: Sunlight; in the shade. No flash. (The red tone is very visible)
Lighting: In Bright Sunlight. No flash. (You can see the purple tone well here)
Whats on your nails?

18 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty color, iso sexy :)
    Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lush colour,
    reminds me a bit of Raspberry by Barry M.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo that's lovely! Gotta love a bit of OPI - they get their shades sooo right. And that top coat is super-shiny! Winner.

    Jo xoxo

    My little blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wearing sole matte by Essie, kinda meh and streaky but nice vampy colour. Love the one you chose, i may order it online. You have amazing nails...Ugh i am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oo i like this! this is similar to the one from the swiss collection, i love that too! It's such a classy colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that its red and got a pinkish tint to it! I'm currently wearing Revlon's Powder Puff (it's one of their new colors) Going to do a review of it soon on my blog!

    http://carpe-diem13-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! I LOVE THAT COLOR!!!!!!!!!! SO SEXY!!!!!!

    http://hottheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favorite colors! I'm currently wearing Essie's Van D'go. It's SO gorgeous!

    -xoxo-
    deevine1217.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want your nails! Now all I have to do is quit my job and I will be able to have long nails LOL Not happening :(

    I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I added a final coat of Sally Hansen "no chip" clear, but my nails still chip..any suggestions???

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Your nails are perfect! Love that colour & the glossy finish!

    Great blog lovely!

    x
    the sydney girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome color =) your nails look so pretty

    http://productjunkie504.blogspot.com/

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good blog: You should start many more. I love all the info provided. I will stay tuned:) makeup artist Sydney

    ReplyDelete