Thursday, October 21, 2010

FOTD: Smokey Brown (something quick & easy)

Hey Guys!

I thought I'd post a quick FOTD. I was watching one of pixiwoo's recent videos and I liked the way Sam had her eye makeup.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovYfow38UUs

It looked like she may of only used a couple shades of brown with a little bit of a messy application. So, when I was doing my makeup on my way out the door last night, I grabbed a couple of my brown eye shadows and a fluffy smudge brush and tried it myself. I really liked the outcome. I couldn't get any good pictures because I was having lighting issues.. it looked a lot better in person. :( I thought I'd share anyway..







Face:
Palladio Stick Concealer in the shade #Yellow
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in the shade #Dark 2 to contour my cheekbones
Make Up Forever HD #127 Foundation mixed with a dab of Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in #Stromboli
Rimmel Lasting Finish Transparent Powder to set my foundation and under eyes
MAC Improvise Mineralized Blush

Eyes:
NARS Galapagos eyeshadow smudged all over my lid and under my bottom lash line
MAC Cork Eyeshadow smudged over the previous application of eye shadow
Covergirl Volume Exact Mascara
Cargo Reverse Lip Liner in the shade #Medium on my waterline to brighten it up

Lips:
Wet n Wild Lipstick in shade #901B Think Pink
MAC 2N Lipglass

12 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I wanna try this look too seems so easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous!!! I love the colors!!!

    XOXO, CC

    http://thecupcakecartel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love smokey brown eyes =)

    http://prettyprettypetals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the eyes look gorgeous, will definately be trying this out, but I doubt it will loo as good :) Gloria x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pixiwoo! Those girls are so talented.

    Your make-up looks amazing! I know you said the camera didn't capture your make-up like you wanted it to (I hate when that happens), but I love the way it looks! It's soft, but defined. I forget that you can define without drawing harsh lines. LOL!

    I love your top and earrings! You have the best taste! I saw your response to my comment about Britney's dress. She was SO gorgeous in it! Even though she went through a crazy woman phase, I still heart her!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny because I did a similar look to this (which I have never done) on the weekend! I haven't posted my FOTD yet though. I just used Espresso and Carbon. I like the way yours turned out better than Sams :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey , you are sooo wow beautiful!!!!...love thee blog<3

    check out/ or even follow mine at

    vyile.blogspot.com

    xoxo Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look stunning in these photos, your makeup looks flawless as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are beautiful! I love the makeup and your hair always looks great too.

    I mentioned your blog in a recent post. If you'd like to check it out, you can find it here: http://schnellecouture.blogspot.com/2010/10/pretending-to-be-celeb.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo amazing blog :) I love your style and makeup

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog...
    http://sherinethegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete