Wednesday, October 6, 2010

FOTD from September.. & bouncy waves!

Since I have a little time right now I'm going to do a small post. :) I took some pictures the first week of September (wow, how fast did September go!??) and was planning on doing a FOTD post and didn't get around to it.


(Indoors with flash)





PRODUCTS USED:
Face: I prepped my face with a moisturizer. I used Estee Lauder Time Zone Line & Wrinkle Reducing Cream. It leaves my skin feeling very smooth and refreshed and not too greasy. I then dabbed Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer to areas of my face where I have visible pores (Cheeks, chin & nose). This blurs out the appearance of my pores and makes the area look more matte. I then apply with my fingertips MAC Studio Finish Concealer in the shade NW25 to my under eye area. I then apply Make Up Forever HD Foundation in the shade #127 with my MAC #131 Brush. Then, with a fluffy powder brush I apply a cream bronzer to my cheekbones and buff it into my hairline. I used Chanel Bronze Universel. I then apply MAC Improvise Mineralized Blush to my cheeks with a blush brush. I finish off my face with a setting powder. I apply Make Up Forever HD Powder all over my face with a large powder brush and I apply Ben Nye Banana Visage Powder mixed with Ben Nye Neutral Set Powder to set my under eye makeup.

Eyes: With a smudge brush, I smudge MAC Typographic eyeshadow on my top and bottom lash line. Then, I smudge MAC Cork eyeshadow into Typographic to soften the color. With my MAC #266 Brush I apply Bobbi Brown Black Long Wear Eye Liner to my top lid and in the corners on my bottom lash line to accentuate my eye shape. Then, apply Revlon Colorstay Black Eye Liner to my waterline. I apply Covergirl Volume Exact Black Mascara (which happens to be my new favorite mascara next to Lash Blast) to my top and bottom lashes. I finish off with a pair of Walmart False Eye Lashes. I apply another coat of mascara.

Lips: I outline my lips with MAC Stripdown Lip Liner and apply MAC Shygirl Lipstick. Then, apply a coat of LA Splash Sparkling Coral Lip Gloss.

HAIR
My hair is very simple to do. I do this just about every day to my hair. I let my hair air dry when I get out of the shower and apply a little thermal protector to the ends of my hair. I then use my Remington Sleek and Curl Tourmaline Ceramic Straightener to flat iron my roots to about halfway down my hair. At about halfway down a strand of hair (about a 1 1/2 inch strand) I firmly start turning the iron under in a twisting motion until I reach the end of the strand. Just as I would with a curling iron.. just with a little more pressure. I do this to all of my hair and finish my hair off with BedHead After Party and then I flip my hair upside down and spray my hair with Beyond the Zone Flipped Out Hairspray and use my fingers to work it in my roots for lift.



Would I recommend this flat iron? Yes. I do recommend it for a cheaper alternative to a more expensive iron. This iron does a great job at creating waves and curls. I mainly recommend it for that. It's not the greatest at straightening my hair because my hair is thick and long.. and I need a larger iron for that.. or different shaped plates. I like that it is very lightweight and has a swivel cord. It also heats up fairly quick. the one thing I don't like about it is, a strand will get caught in between the plates and get pulled out here and there. But, not bad for $35. I purchased it at Target.

37 comments:

  1. You are so gorgeous!!! I love the top you're wearing too!!!

    XOXO

    http://thecupcakecartel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your skin is glowing :D so glorious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous as always! love the top its so pretty! Good to hear from u glad ur back =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy beautiful, and kudos to you for rocking falsies mid day!

    xo Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. naattt you pretty womann yoou! :) do you use any teeth whitening ? ohh how i would love to have my teeth bam white :O xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo pretty! And your top is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Every picture was just so beautiful! I love your hair! I want to buy a smaller iron like the one you used so I can get curls, I'm starting to get really annoyed with curling irons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pics! I love this FOTD.....

    jluvbirdee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look sooooo beautiful!!!!! I love that lace top!!!!

    http://hottheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great :) I need to try that Chanel Bronzer next. My summer time is going to fade away soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are soo pretty! I love your hair and the top! Where is it from? I have a thing for lace tops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look beautiful!! i had to read all the details to see what you did, because your skin looks flawless..... I'm loving the lace shirt as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your hair and makeup! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everyone!

    The shirt is from Forever 21.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Natty, how ive missed your posts! You are absolutely radiant!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice top u got!! i love it! =) u look great. i'd love to try that Ben Nye powder someday

    rinz @ miss-rinrin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look amazing! Love the hair & makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! :)

    www.jessicajoi.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. GORGEOUS <3 where did u get ur top from??

    http://teaseandtweeze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're very beautiful girl!
    www.itsbellatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. you are very gorgeous!
    your face shape and bone structure is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. NATTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy!
    You're back! It's been too long. :) You look absolutely stunning. Love the lace top and your skin, hair, makeup...EVERYTHING looks flawless.

    By the way, I wanted to choke a bitch when I read that stupid comment in your c-box... haha

    ReplyDelete
  23. loveee the lace top where from??!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Natty - OMG! You look SOOOO pretty. Your hair color is perfect for your skin tone. You are SO tan right now! It's taking everything in me not to hit up the tanning salon. (My New Year's Resolution was to stop tanning in tanning beds, and I've been really good!)

    It's great to see you back! I was so pissed when I saw the comment in your chat box, though. Who the eff leaves rude comments like that? Excuse you for having a life! [insert eye roll here] It's sad when your favorite bloggers go MIA, but I wouldn't ever dream of telling them they're basically disrespecting me by not posting. O.o

    I'm off my soap box now. LOL! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  25. P. S. That lace top reminds me of a dress Britney Spears wore back in the day. Do you know which one I am talking about? I have always wanted one just like it! (A little longer, though. I'm too modest/unfit to wear something that short! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you all for your sweet comments!!!

    The top is from F21.. my friend bought it almost 2 years ago and never wore it.. and just gave it to me. It is actually a dress.. it goes to mid-thigh. I wore it though with very tight skinny jeans and heels and it looked cute. I have a two other shirts very similar.. once recently from Forever 21 and the other from TJMaxx.

    Kate I know exactly what you're talking about and I wanted it ever since!!! That's why I was so happy my friend gave it to me! :)

    HAHA Cheryl! Choke a bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  27. your smile is gorgeous, you really do glow!
    love the lace too xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. gorjus!! luv that top <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. you have such beautiful skin, so jealous

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a beauty!!! You look great Natty

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your smile is beautiful and so is your makeup skills and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete