Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Favorite Bronzers with Swatches!

favorite bronzers

My Favorite Bronzers

From the left side of my arm to my right, it goes: Chanel Bronze Universel de Chanel, Bare Minerals Faux Tan, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess soft matte bronzer, MAC Refined Golden, MAC Golden (I haven't really used it yet, but I wanted to show the difference between Refined Golden) and my drugstore favorite, Covergirl trueblend minerals Natural Bronze #440.

Chanel Bronze Universal - This comes in a large, round pot with 1 fl oz of product. It is a compacted cream that is soft to the touch. The smell of it is wonderful. I tap it lightly with a powder brush and dust it all over my face. I find it works very well with foundations that have a dewy finish. The color is a beautiful golden. The color is buildable. It lasts ALL DAY. I wonder if it's waterproof, because when I rinsed off my arm with a towel from the swatches I did, this stayed on my arm.

Bare Minerals Faux Tan - This is what I wore on my face today, I kind of forgot how much I loved it. I've actually repurchased quite a few times. This is probably #2 on my favorite bronzer list. Refined Golden as my number one only because having a compact is more convenient than a powder jar. Anyways, I use my blush brush and put a tad in the lid of the jar and swirl it lightly around my brush and dust it on my cheeks, nose and forehead. The color is a golden brown with a bit of shimmer to it. I find it works the best after you have powdered your face.. it will just glide on. If you don't set your foundation with a powder before applying, it will just adhere to one spot. This is VERY buildable. You can really make yourself look extremely tan. The color is more on the brown side, so it doesn't look super fake. I love dusting this on my neck and chest to look extra sunkissed. AND, you can buy a big jar on ebay for half the price of a retail store. I bought a huge jar for $10.

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess - I received this as a gift with purchase a while ago. It doesn't look like much in the pot, but it is very nice for subtle color, it is buildable though. It has a hint of maybe a mauve when applied, it looks great on your cheeks. I haven't repurchased this, but I really do like it.

MAC Refined Golden - I love this stuff, it is very pigmented. So, it is so easy to go bronzer happy with this. I do it all the time. You really don't need a lot. The color is a very nice bronze-copper with a hint of shimmer. The color is buildable, but you really don't need a lot of this. It lasts me a pretty long time. I love sweeping this on my neck and chest to look extra tan!

MAC Golden - I just purchased this a couple of days ago and i wore it yesterday for the first time. Let me tell you, it is nothing like Refined Golden. The color is extremely sheer. Which could be a good thing if you're like me and overdo it sometimes. You can really control the level of bronze you want on your face. The color is like a peachy beige tan. I think it would be a good color to contour your face with, since it's not dramatic color. It is very natural, and very pretty!

Covergirl Trueblend Minerals Natural Bronze - This comes in a big jar and it's a loose shimmer bronzer. The color is very coppery.. meaning it has an orange tint to it, but it has an amazing bronze-tan shimmer color. This is my hands down favorite drugstore bronzer. I love dusting it on my cheek bones and areas I want a little extra glow. It's very pigmented and buildable as well and lasts forever!!


I've tried others such as Cargo Bronzer in Medium and I remember really liking it, and NARS Laguna was good as well.. but it's been such a long time..


Very Simple fotd today, since it was SO hot outside! I was going to go to the beach but things didn't go as planned. Did anyone else do anything to enjoy the beautiful weather??

Face: Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Tawny, MAC Studio Finish Concealer NW25, Palladio Wet to Dry Powder (Really good if you want an opaque setting powder, similar to Studio Fix powder) & Bare Minerals Faux Tan Bronzer.

Eyes: Estee Lauder Magnascopic Mascara (got a sample I'm testing out), L'oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Liner on my waterline, MAC typographic e/s lined under my eyes and on top with a little bit of MAC Ricepaper e/s in my corners. Also I threw on a pair of Ardell false lashes. On my brows I filled them in with MAC espresso e/s and applied with an angled brow brush.

(sorry, i deleted the full face picture.. i didn't like it) lol

Lips: MAC Hue lipstick and MAC Sugarrimmmed Dazzleglass lipgloss lined with MAC Hover lip liner pencil.

As you can tell, I'm trying all of my new things. So far I'm loving it!

5 comments:

  1. I love BM Faux Tan. My fave bronzer by far!! You are stunning :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer - its really pretty...It gives your skin a lovely glow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! This is a great post. I've been intrigued by chanel Bronze Universal. I do love Refined Golden too.

    Michelle
    lipstickrules.blogspot.com

    thanks for following my blog!! i've returned the favour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you get your hair like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ur hair looks Beautifull!! what did u do wit it?!??!

    ReplyDelete