Tuesday, April 23, 2013

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Review, Photos, Swatches!

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

This past February, Nars added a new concealer to their permanent line. It's about time, right? Nars is such a fabulous brand, and it was only a matter of time before they'd launch a liquid concealer, as the brand prior had only a stick/cream concealer, which frankly isn't that popular.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer ($28) is a lightweight creamy liquid concealer with a medium (buildable to full) coverage and a luminous finish. It is creaseproof and long-wearing. It doesn't contain parabens, alcohol, synthetic fragrances, etc.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is available in (10) shades: Chantilly (True ivory for fairest skin), Vanilla (Slight pink for for fair skin), Honey (warm peach for light-med skin), Custard (yellow tone for light-med skin), Ginger (golden tone for med skin), Biscuit (neutral med-dark skin), Caramel (golden yellow for med-dark skin), Amdande (med-dark w/ golden olive undertones) and Cafe and Cacao (for dark skin w/ deep gold/brown undertones).

I chose the shade Custard, which is a good MAC NC25-NC30 match. I could've gone a shade darker, which would have been Ginger, which is a good MAC NC35 match.

The consistency of this concealer is a creamy satiny-velvet. Despite it being liquid, it's not very moist in comparison to MAC Select Moisturecover or MAC Pro Longwear which feel wet and creamy to the touch & provide a dewy finish. The NARS concealer wipes on in an opaque layer (literally like paint) and blends quickly to a high coverage perfection and dries to a natural, non shiny, non matte finish.

One layer of product provides adequate full coverage for me. It doesn't settle in my fine lines (I'm assuming because of the high silicone content) and it brightens up my eye area really well.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

Here's a before and after of one layer of concealer blended with a foundation brush.



I usually apply it directly from the applicator and sweep it under my eye area and pat it with my fingertips to blend, or I'll use a foundation/concealer brush and blend. I only need one layer for my desired high medium coverage. 

The only negative I can find about this product is that after it dries, you can't really mess with it much. If you rub it after it has dried, it can have the tendency to break apart and look slightly dry. When powdering over pop, I try to lightly tap it in rather than buffing it in like I normally would.

I typically don't have issues with concealers fading on me, and this one as promised holds up well throughout the day.

For color comparison, I've swatched it next to the NARS Duo Concealer in the shades Custard/Ginger.

Swatches from left to right: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard, NARS Duo Concealer in Custard and Ginger. Custard in the Radiant Concealer is slightly more yellow.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with this concealer, and if you're a concealer addict like myself, I think you'll like it as well. I still prefer MAC Pro Longwear Concealer best for a liquid concealer, but this one is definitely at the top of my list as well. I love everything about the NARS concealer in terms of coverage, overall appearance and wear, but I don't love the somewhat dry texture.

If you've tried this concealer, I'd love to know what you think of it! Let me know in the comments.

The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Does a great job brightening up my under eye area
  • Doesn't look (or feel) heavy or cakey
  • Medium to full coverage
  • Doesn't settle in my fine lines - behaves like other crease-resistant formulas
Cons:
  • Isn't as creamy/moisturizing as I'd like it to be
  • Can have the tendency to look dry after I've set with a powder
Price: $28, NARS Cosmetics, Sephora.

47 comments:

  1. Damn, everyone is talking about it! I need it, now! I know you tried many concealers, is it the one with the most coverage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It definitely gives me full coverage like MAC Studio Finish would give me, but lighter weight. Since it's a touch lighter than my skin, and because of the brightening properties, it completely camouflages any darkness. I swear, it's like paint! In a good way! haha

      Delete
    2. Thank you!! I bought 'Custard' and should receive it next week! I wasn't sure if I needed Honey or Custard, so I chose the same you use since we usually buy the same foundation shades! :P I like the idea of it being like paint. lol

      Delete
  2. I heard this was a great concealer and I recently put it on my wish list

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried a NARS concealer, but they look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on the hunt for a concealer. I've just started noticing darker circles under my eyes and I'm not dealing well. I was going to go with MAC Pro Longwear but maybe I'll give this a shot - I haven't tried many NARS products and want to expand my outlook beyond MAC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both great! Highly recommend both.

      Delete
  5. I adore this one! I wear Custard and am NC40. Ginger looked orange on me. Custard is an exact match. It does wonders on my undereyes and gives them some much needed brightness. I do make sure to moisturize well both day and night, but if my undereyes are feeling slightly dry, I use Tarte Maracuja Concealer instead. Awesome coverage with a moisturizing formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know!! Thank you.

      I'm happy that you mention it adds brightness to your eye area as well. The difference is like night and day with and without it!

      I'll have to try the Tarte concealer. It's actually my Mom's favorite concealer, but I have yet to try it myself!

      Delete
    2. What shade tarte concealer do you use that matches nars custard?

      Delete
  6. This concealer looks gorgeous on the skin, and I love the packaging. I do also have the MAC pro Longwear but I was shade matched too dark for the under eye so I just use it on blemishes & I love it.

    Xox, Cat
    MaybeBabyXo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The packaging is super convenient. There's just something I love about doe-foot applicator concealers. Aw! What a bummer! I have Pro Longwear in several shades. I can't be without it! :)

      Delete
  7. I really appreciate how honest you are in your reviews. This is why they are so helpful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I said "WOW" out loud when I saw the swatched comparison. It looks amazing! The dryness maybe an issue with me, but nothing you can't fix with a bit of eye cream underneath I suppose. I love NARS so I'd certainly love to get a hold of this!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!

      I read the majority of the reviews on Makeupalley and Sephora and from all of the reviews, there were only a couple reviews that mentioned it being slightly dry. I don't think it's a very common issue. To be honest, I really only notice it when I'm looking in a magnified mirror. I also only use one setting powder (Ben Nye Neutral Set) so I could experiment with others and see if it makes a difference. I still thought it was worth mentioning. Making sure the under-eyes are moisturized surely help with just about any concealer! :D

      Try it! :)

      Delete
  9. I have to try this! The swatches are awesome.




    herdollface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been looking for a good concealer maybe I will try this one out next! x :)

    http://www.superficialgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Concealer-Addict! I'm with you (it seems I have to try out every new concealer that gets out there...)
    I really told myself that I could skip the NARS, but apparently not.

    Do you have the Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer? If so, how does it compare to the NARS one?

    Btw, I love, love your detailed reviews! They're just excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a small accident mark on face for that i need to use a concealer to hide that. I have used number of brands but every time fail to get right one matchable to my skin tone. After reading your blog and going thorough the products, i must say it will be perfect for me.

    Regards
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am looking for a good high-coverage, crease-proof concealer. This really sounds as it would do the job. Although I am a bit skeptical about how drying it would look on my eyes. x

    Shang J.| The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the review! I love this concealer. I have similar coloring to you and went with the shade honey, which has a peach tone and works well for my dark circles.... similar to mac nw25 concealers, which I usually use under eye.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am dying to try this.
    I saw it in Sephora when I went home!
    Can't wait to purchase it.
    http://www.cocoamourr.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this concealer! One of my favorites from all times :)

    http://inluxure.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. How would you compare coverage between this & Benefit Erase Paste?

    ReplyDelete
  18. How would you compare coverage between this & Benefit Erase Paste?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Natalie, one of your followers just posted a very interesting eye look your did on bellashoot! It was linked back to your blog and we really enjoyed going through your articles and reviews. We would love to invite you to start sharing your posts on Bellashoot! We are sure our users are going to love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I find a lot of concealers are drying, but look at the difference! Definitely going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks so good, I have to try it

    http://adf.ly/NojZN

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh that concealer looks amazing, I need to give it a try.

    In the meanwhile please check out my very own blog

    http://www.pageballs.com/wie-ich-ein-bonbon-richtig-lutsch

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm happy that you mention it adds brightness to your eye area as well. The difference is like night and day with and without it!


    Glyn Willmoth

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's on my wish list!


    www.facesbysam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Natalie,
    I love your site. I have a question about this Nars concealer, do you know if it will work well on someone being photographed or on camera ?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really want to try this concealer!

    http://lovealwaysesther.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really want to try this now! Thank you for the review!

    http://amildaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hmmmmm looks really good I will check it out love nars products

    http://thenailsiweareverday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I definitely wanna try this product . Been reading your blogs for the longest time its very helpful. Very inspiring to start my own =)

    http://Jtinebeautyshare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I absolutely love the coverage, its so full coverage and its so natural! Gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Heard a ton about this concealer! Really want to try it!

    http://kiarasmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. what would you recommend to match nc35 select cover up? custard or ginger?

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Can someone help me-At MAC I'm an NW25 and I can't decide between Honey or Custard. Also, is this concealer OK for oilier skins?

    ReplyDelete
  35. That's great, I want to try this...I usually try home remedies to get rid from daek circle, take time and effort, I need something instant. Many of us often searching for the best eye cream for dark circles and puffiness, that are cost effective too. I read lots of Review over online about Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller what do you think is that really a effective solution for dark circle problem?? Do you have any personal experience?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. Sultan Box office

    ReplyDelete