Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My March Beauty Favorites!

Most Loved Beauty Products March 2013

We're already halfway through April, but I still wanted to share with you all my March beauty favorites! My schedule has been a little hectic this month, so I apologize for the lack of updates. I appreciate those who have asked about my aunt - there have been a couple of complications, but overall she's recovering very well!

The products I'll be talking about in this post are beauty products that I've used frequently and loved in the month of March. Reviews for each of the products will follow!

Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Makeup Base - $34

I've used samples of this product in the past, but have only recently been using it regularly prior to applying my foundation. As far as silicone based primers go, I really think this is one of the best. It smooths out my skin for a flawless, even application of foundation and it doesn't cause my skin to itch, feel heavy or greasy like many other silicone based products tend to do for me. I love applying this before my concealer to mildly fill in fine lines and provide a smooth base for a more natural finish. I also like applying this on my chin and forehead (where I tend to have visible pores) and it softens them so they aren't as noticeable. I'm definitely going to purchase a full size container.

MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF15 Foundation - $33

I've been using this foundation all month and I really like it. This foundation seems to oxidize (or darken) a little bit after applied, so I've been mixing it with a lighter shade of MAC Studio Fix Foundation and it works perfectly. I love the thin, creamy consistency and how well it blends across the skin. It gives an almost transparent veil across the skin with light (to light-medium, not full) coverage and a dewy glow. I highly prefer wearing this foundation mixed with another foundation as on it's own it's a bit too shiny for my liking, and transfers easily. Mixed with Studio Fix Fluid, it gives my skin the right amount of glow and looks great all day.

Urban Decay Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer - $30

This is only the second tinted moisturizer I've ever used (the other one was Laura Mercier) and I love it! It provides just the right amount of coverage and evens out the skintone and covers mild discolorations/red splotches without making the skin look "made up" with foundation. The lasting power is great too. After wearing it the first time I was really surprised that my face wasn't blotchy or greasy by the end of the day. The only downside is that it oxidizes like crazy! There are only 4 shades, so it doesn't leave you with too many color options. In order to make this work, I like taking a concealer  (or concealer/highlight pen) that's lighter than my skintone and apply it under my eyes in the shape of an upside down triangle, down my nose and in the middle of my forehead and blend outward. It adds a highlight to the skin without really adding much more weight or coverage.

MAC Give Me Sun! Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - $30

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powders are some of my favorite products to use for bronzing and contouring. The powder is very soft and lightweight and glides across the skin so well without ever looking patchy. Give Me Sun is a light, peachy-tan which leans on the orange side, but with my coloring, I really like the look of terracotta toned bronzers. It gives lots of warmth and healthy color to my face and pairs really well with coral blushes.

Benefit Bella Bamba Blush - $28

Bella Bamba is a watermelon pink with golden sparkles. It sort of leans into the Nars Orgasm category of shades, but there aren't really any peachy-coral tones. It has a prominent warm, vibrant pink tone, and in conjunction with the golden sparkles, it gives a nice sheen to the skin. I've been loving this blush on the days where I want a little color on my cheeks (since most days my blush is pretty subtle).

Milani Baked Powder Blushes - $8

Believe it or not, I haven't tried any of Milani's baked blushes, so I recently picked up a couple. I got the shades Dolce Pink - a light-medium rosy pink with golden shimmer and Corallina - a vibrant coral-orange with shimmer. I love both blushes equally. They are super soft and blendable and provide such pretty, glowing color. Corallina is especially nice if you're a lover of peach and coral-toned blushes. They do alright without a base, but I find they last much longer with one. I usually just dab a neutral cream blush on my cheeks to give the baked blush something to stick to, and it prolongs the wear. Definitely recommend for a good drugstore blush, although if you prefer a matte finish, you may want to skip.

Swatches from left to right: MAC Give Me Sun! MSF, Milani Corallina Baked Blush, Milani Desert Rose Baked Blush and Benefit Bella Bamba Blush.


MAC Eyelash Curler - $20

I never thought I'd love any other brand eyelash curler after I purchased my first Shu Uemura around 7 years ago. Since buying Shu in the US is nearly impossible (unless I purchase from the website of course) I took my chances with purchasing a MAC Eyelash Curler and I'm loving it. I still think Shu Uemura is the best, but this MAC one gets my lashes sky high in 1, 2, 3.

Red Cherry Eyelashes #82 - $2.50

I have fairly small eyes and low eyebrows (not too much lid space), so most full lashes don't look right on me. Glamour (thick and full) lashes especially look ridiculous on me, and I usually have to opt for half lashes, individual lashes or natural/sparse styles of full lashes. After trying countless styles, I've finally found a style that actually flatters my eye shape and aren't too natural or too fake.

Michael O'Rourke Rock your Hair Spray it Hard Big Volume Hair Spray - $22

I've been loving this as finishing spray to give my hair some texture with medium, non-crispy hold and some root volume. I love that it's non-sticky and easy to comb out at the end of the night. Also, the can is super cute. That's always a plus.

Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips - $40

I'm around halfway through my box of Crest Whitestrips and my teeth are looking bright and so much whiter. I've been using them every other day to limit sensitivity as well as skipping the whitening toothpaste and using a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. I've had no issues with sensitivity and my teeth are looking great!

Ardell Lash & Brow Growth Accelerator - $5

When my lashes are starting to look crazy and sparse, I can always rely on this lash conditioner from Ardell. It's super cheap and it works. In just a couple of weeks of nightly use, my lashes are in so much better condition and seem to be growing in quicker.

Julep Julia Nail Color - $14

I get super bored with nail colors and it's almost never worth it for me to purchase a bottle of nail polish (especially salon polish) because I rarely ever use one more than once or twice. It's rare for me to find a color I like enough to wear continuously, but I haven't been able to get enough of this nail polish from my Julep Maven December Box. This comes from someone that doesn't really like purple - It's a metallic purple with gold shimmer. Especially love this shade on the toes.

What products are you loving right now?

I'm already gathering up my products for my April favorites! :)

26 comments:

  1. I've only worn my OCC lip tar in Queen once since buying it on Sunday and I already know it's going to be a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bella Bamba too! :)

    passingfancyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. çok güzeller. Milani keşke Türkiye'de de olsa:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the Red Cherry lashes! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love Bella Bamba!!
    Perfect choices ♥

    http://beautyincrisis.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try the Crest whitening strips! Heard they are amazing! Check out my blog: http://amildaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know milani made such pretty blushes. I usually skip right over their stuff. I think im gonna have to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can you post more pictures of rocky? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so skeptical before trying the Milani blushes, but OMG. They are awesome! I'd recommend them to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some of these products I've never heard of like the milani range , thanks for sharing.

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have the best favorites

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've tried Urban Defense in Bulletproof and it was super orange on me, I def prefer MAC Face and Body for a light coverage. I'm loving Plus White gel for whitening and MAC's Love Thing blush. Having bright white teeth just looks so pretty and healthy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to try Benefit Bella Bamba blush as I love Coralista and Sugar Bomb soo much, especially for Spring. You should try out some Guerlain bronzers, after trying these no others can compare.

    I just did a Revlon latest products and review on my blog http://dollhousebeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Please check it out and comment, it would be much appreciated :)

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be trying to use this makeups for my lesson. Thanks for sharing this products.

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome favorites! I was lucky enough to try the crest strips for free and I couldn't believe how awesome they worked. I need to get a new box and I loooove those milani blushes yet don't have any at the moment! Crazyness...I need to get one again asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried the Milani blush that was supposed to be a Nars Orgasm dupe and thought it was really respectable for drugstore.. these other colors look great! I think NYX blushes are hands down best drugstore brand for staying power.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I use my Milani Luminoso baked blush like crazy! Have you used the ardell accelerator on brows at all? I'd be interested to see if it can promote grown in sparse areas for such a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like Eyelash curler very much. There have famous and important markup collection for complete makeup box.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always wanted to try Mac products... I need to do that asap. And I wonder if the eye lash curlers hurt after a while (i hope not).

    I love this! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am highly inspired by you collection. Love everything! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never tried any of the Milani baked blushes either, but I've been eyeing them every time I got to Target. I think I'll have to try some now!


    www.facesbysam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Will try the Milani as well!

    Whitestrips are part of my staple routine now too :)

    Life-as-she-knows-it-xo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a great one, I enjoy and love this topic.thanks for sharing this one.dentist Woodstock

    ReplyDelete