Thursday, April 25, 2013

MAC Angel Lipstick Review, Photos, Swatches!

MAC Angel Lipstick

MAC Angel Lipstick

MAC Angel Lipstick ($15) is a soft pink. It's a frost finish by MAC, but I don't find it to be noticeable (at all, really) frosty. It does has a bit of a light pearl to it which makes the color shine and glisten on the lips. The coverage is sheer upon the first swipe, but it's very buildable to opaque coverage. I find it to be a very wearable every day baby pink, which is probably why it's one of MAC's best selling lipsticks.

In comparison to other popular MAC pink lipsticks - Angel is very similar to MAC Creme Cup in color and depth, but Angel is a touch cooler. It's almost difficult to tell them apart in different lightings, but I tell on me that Angel leans slightly more lilac and is a touch brighter/lighter. MAC Hue is a couple of shades lighter and is a bit warmer. MAC Lovelorn is deeper and pinker.

To be truthfully honest, it's not super flattering on my tan skintone, but when I top it off with a brighter lipgloss, it looks really pretty. It will of course vary on your personal taste and coloring. I think it looks lovely on light to light-medium skintones, but if you like nude pinks in general, Angel is a great choice.

MAC Pink Lipstick Swatches
Swatches from left to right: MAC Angel, Creme Cup, Lovelorn and Hue.

Wearing MAC Angel Lipstick

MAC Angel Lipstick Swatch
MAC Angel Lipstick on my lips

The actual lipstick itself has pretty standard lasting power. It sticks around for a few hours before needing application. I don't find it to be all that moisturizing, so applying a lip balm prior or lipgloss after is necessary for me.

Final Verdict? I like it. But Creme Cup still remains my ultimate favorite! :)

MAC Angel Lipstick

MAC Angel Lipstick

MAC Angel Lipstick

MAC Angel Lipstick

MAC Angel Lipstick Swatches
Swatches from left to right: MAC Angel, Creme Cup, Lovelorn and Hue.

Have you tried Angel? What's your favorite pink lipstick?

The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Pretty, every day light pink that can be worn day and night
  • Buildable opaque coverage
  • Smooth, creamy texture
Cons:
  • Isn't particularly moisturizing on it's own
  • Isn't super flattering on my warm golden-yellow (MAC NC35) skin - leans light and cool - I can see this working better for me when I'm not as tan
Price: $15, MAC.

35 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of Angel either, it's pretty, but it's a bit blah on my skintone. It needs a gloss to make it pop. I think I prefer something with more of a contrast to my skin, either paler or darker. A favourite pink is either MAC Viva Glam Niki or Illamasqua Corrupt (yep, I like my brights!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty as ever! Great review and always great pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of MAC Angel. Their lipsticks are great. I love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colour but will look terrible on me as I am tanned. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I think it looks beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What face products are you wearing in this post? Absolutely love how softly flawless (if that's a thing!) that your face looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this colour. Its actually one of my favourites! I'm very pale though so its a lovely muted pink/nude colour which is great for everyday! I've tried it on my cousin before who is darker than me (FAKE TAN!) and it washed her out and didn't look great but on pale skin its great! I'm running low so I am in need of a repurchase!

    ReplyDelete
  8. angel looks great but I like the other shades on your hand too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angel is actually my number one favourite MAC lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angel is also One of my absolute favorites, but i have a light skintone, so Angel Looks very soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just reviewed this lipstick as well! I agree with you that it may look better on lighter skintones (i'm boarderline- NC20-30). I just bought creme cup the other day though, and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It really does look a lot like creme cup on your hand! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect shade for everyday lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  14. i havent found a pink shade that i personally like for my everyday yet but im searching. i do have a favorite pink lipgloss! drew barrymore's flower costmetics pretty in petunia. also i wanted to comment because i wanted to ask, have you lost weight? your face looks more slim!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha I'm the same way; I love Angel, but nothing gets as good as Creme Cup!

    Fun fact though- when I bought Angel a couple years ago, my tube melted in the car so I had to depot it into a sample container, which tempted me to try it as a creme blush and I ended up loving it and wore it all the time that way in high school :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you! I am a NC35 AND this looks HORRIFIC ON ME ! YOU HAVE NO IDEA, had to give it away! I love your reviews!! i wish you uploaded more please do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for these swatches! Also, I love how descriptive you are in your reviews - I've bought a lot of my favorite products off your recommendations = )

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so funny because I was just thinking of buying the MAC Angel lipstick! Thanks so much for the lovely review, it really helped me out! Just bought my first MAC lipstick a few days ago and was eyeing Angel while I was making my purchse. :) I'm thinking I will buy it now!
    xoxo, em

    according-toem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your post! I love pink lipsticks. I have yet to buy a MAC lipstick and watch tutorials a lot trying to pick which one would look best on me. I think the Lovelorn is beautiful as well. Other light pinks wash me out. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's not the kind of pink I would pick for myself, but you wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wanted to gift that lipstick to my lovely sweet wife

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow looks like creme cup and angel are so similar! I love this color and when I'm pale itll be the perfect pink. my fav pink lippie of all time is revlons pink pout. thanks for another great review! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow I love this colour and the product, and you have god the perfect lips too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very good blog to know about beauty. please provide me some thing about permanent makeup

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the matte baby pink look and love the color you are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this blog!! fantastic color, really valuable information about MAC Angel Lipstick valuable post. Mac angel Lipstick looks like chocolate :) thanks for share with us great blog. Awesome work keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I also bought Angel a couple of weeks ago and it doesn't work well with my skintone, too cool toned! They say it's one of Kim K favorite lipstick, I just don't understand how it can look so good on her, she must apply a lipgloss over it or a nude lip liner.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful picture of you! Love the lipstick, but your skin is what stands out to me in the pic...it looks amazing! what is your current skin care/moisturizing routine??

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am an NC35 and Angel looks phenomenal on me!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your blog.You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete