Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nars Lola Lola and Night Fever Eyeshadows Review, Photos & Swatches!

Nars Lola Lola and Night Fever Eyeshadows

I recently purchased a couple new Nars eyeshadows to add to my forever growing collection. Like I need any more eyeshadows, right? Well, after these I'm probably done one for a while.. don't quote me on that though.

I'm all about simplicity on most days, so I love a good eyeshadow single that can make me look quickly polished without the help of any additional eyeshadows.

Nars Lola Lola Eyeshadow is described as a neutral brown with shimmer. It looks copper/brick toned in the pan, but once swatched, the color is more muted and neutral. It definitely has some soft reddish tones (no yellow-orange) mixed with silvery/gray pigments, so it doesn't lean warm.

It's actually more unique than it appears. The slight shimmer/frost really pulls this shade together and makes it a really pretty, elegant shade. It's a nice shade for any eye color, but I'd think it would look especially nice on blue and green or hazel eyes.

The eyeshadow itself is super soft and pigmented and blends like a dream. I've been wearing it alone on  my lids and lower lash line for a soft daytime eye. I like that it's not super intense and has a softness about it so it's a shade that I can wear every day.

Nars Night Fever Eyeshadow on the other hand is a super dark and intense shade that I thought would be a great eyeliner shade. Night Fever is described as a black with red pearls. Pretty Simple. It's a super dark, matte black filled with fine red shimmers.

It's one of those shimmers that disappears when you wipe it, so to get the shimmer to show up, you have to pat the eyeshadow on as opposed to sweeping it. If you sweep it on, you'll only get a matte black. It doesn't transfer well when applied dry, but applied on top of a base (preferably a sticky one), it really helps the shimmers stick. They also show up when applied wet, but regardless, if you want the shimmer to stick, you need a creamy base and you have to dab it on.

Truthfully, I think it's too much work and I'd recommend skipping this shade all together. MAC Beauty Marked Eyeshadow and NYX Sensual Eyeshadow are both similar alternatives for a lower price.

To see these two shades in action, check my previous post where I'm wearing Lola Lola on the lid and lower lash line and Night Fever on the outer corners.






Swatches from left to right: Nars Lola Lola, Nars Night Fever (applied dry), Nars Night Fever (applied over a brown cream base), Nars Night Fever (applied over a frosty white base) and Nars Night Fever (applied wet).

Price: $24 each, Nars, Sephora.

22 comments:

  1. Lola Lola is beautiful. I have yet to try NARS eye shadows because Ive heard such mixed reviews xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to check out night fever. It looks like it would make a beautiful powder liner. I really like dark colors like this as an eyeliner. I find that powder eyeliner isn't as harsh as pencil on me.

    www.laurenze.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of Lola Lola.

    Ria x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Lola Lola = to die for! I've never actually seen the colour reviewed anywhere, it's absolutely gorgeous and so unique. Must track it down!
    PS: visiting your blog is v. dangerous Natalie, makes me spend way more money than I intend to!
    Lilit
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lola looks like such a gorgeous colour! Will have to check this out at the NARS counter soon. By the way, I recently found your blog and I love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lola Lola was my first NARS shadow! Truth time: I bought it because Audrina from The Hills said she used it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your reviews!
    I havent tried anything NARS but this makes me want to run to their website and order some.
    www.cheesecakeandatreadmill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's already been said, but I have to agree... Lola Lola is to die for! What a unique chameleon of a color! Plus it's my favorite (and my pets) name :)

    Do want!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the lola lola a lot
    i want to try it so sad... :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Night Fever is one of my favourites for a perfect Smokey Eye make up!

    MyMakeUpCompulsion

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, can everyone just learn to swatch like you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg! They are so pigmented... Great review and swatches as usual!

    <3 from: www.thedocndiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. the Nars shadows mostly rock! I love these so much! please stop by my blog and join the awesome giveaway I have going on for a smashbox under eye primer! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lola Lola is beautiful! I need it in my collection xx

    ReplyDelete