Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Everyday MAC (Neutral/Warm) Eyeshadow Palette with Swatches!

mac pro palette

Today I'm going to do a quick overview of what's in my My MAC "Everyday" eyeshadow palette. I recently popped the divider out of my MAC 15 Palette, so instead of casing fifteen shadows, it stores twenty-six eyeshadows. It doesn't look as neat, but it's so much more convenient for me to have everything I need in one palette. 

I use this palette almost every day as it contains everything I need to create a variety of looks. As you can tell, the palette only contains neutral and warm shades, because it's basically all I wear on daily basis. 

mac eyeshadow

First Row: Crystal Avalanche, Nylon, Patina, Corduroy, Sorcery, Tempting, Bronze
Second Row: Brule, Era, Cork, Handwritten, Satin Taupe, Woodwinked
Third Row: Retrospeck, Ricepaper, Soba, Espresso, Brun, Amber Lights, Typographic
Fourth Row: Malt, Grand Entrance, Club, Electra, Black Tied, Carbon

mac eyeshadow swatches
Swatches from left to right: Grand Entrance, Crystal Avalanche, Nylon, Ricepaper, Retrospeck, Brule, Malt, Era, Patina, Soba, Cork, Espresso, Club, Corduroy, Handwritten, Sorcery, Brun, Electra, Satin Taupe, Tempting, Woodwinked, Bronze, Black Tied, Carbon and Typographic. (Oops! I forgot to include Amber Lights.)


Shade descriptions (as listed on the MAC website) and finish:
Crystal Avalanche - White with reflects (veluxe pearl)
Nylon - Pale gold with icy shimmer (frost) 
Brule - Soft, creamy beige (satin)
Ricepaper - Peachy gold with shimmer (frost)
Retrospeck - Beached blonde (lustre)
Malt - Soft, pinkish-beige (matte)
Era - Soft, golden beige with shimmer (satin)
Grand Entrance (Limited Edition) - frosty neutral pink-beige (starflash)
Patina - Taupe brown with golden pearl (frost)
Soba - Gold brown with gold shimmer (satin)
Cork - Muted golden brown (satin)
Club - Red-brown with green pearl (satin)
Espresso - Medium golden brown (matte)
Brun - Muted blackish-brown (satin)
Corduroy - Muted reddish-brown (matte)
Handwritten - Rich chocolate brown (matte²)
Sorcery (Limited Edition) - Rich burgundy brown (satin)
Satin Taupe - Taupe with silver shimmer (frost)
Electra - Silver with icy shimmer (frost)
Woodwinked - Warm antique gold (veluxe pearl)
Tempting - Sinfully rich coco (lustre)
Bronze - Gold bronze with gold-bronze shimmer (frost)
Amber Lights - Peachy brown with shimmer (frost)
Typographic - Asphalt black (matte²)
Black Tied - Black with silver sparkle (velvet)
Carbon - Intense Black (matte)

mac eyeshadows
mac eyeshadows

Highlight shades: Nylon, Crystal Avalanche (I like to mix Nylon and Crystal Avalanche together for the inner corners of my eyes), Ricepaper, Grand Entrance, Retrospeck (I always use Retrospeck on my brow bone).  

Crease/Liner shades: Brun, Handwritten, Sorcery, Corduroy, Typographic, Black Tied, Carbon.(These are the deepest shades in my palette. I use all of these colors to deepen my crease in various eye looks, as well as line my lash line.)

Blending shades: Era, Soba, Patina, Brule (These are all soft brown shades, with the exception of Brule, that I use as blending colors to blend out harsh edges from my lid color in a variety of eye looks.)

Lid shades: Tempting, Bronze, Woodwinked, Amber Lights, Satin Taupe, Soba, Patina, Club, Era, etc. (All of the shades in this palette can be used all over the lid, but these are the shades I mostly use when I want to create a quick, one shade eye look.)

Eyebrow shades: Cork, Espresso and Brun. I usually use Espresso, but Cork is great when my hair is a bit lighter. I always use Brun to deepen if necessary.

Additional swatches:

mac neutral eyeshadow swatches

mac eyeshadow palette

MAC Eyeshadows (in the pot) retail for $15 each and can be purchased online, or at your local MAC counter/store. The MAC Pro Pan Eyeshadows are $11.50 each and can only be purchased online, or at MAC PRO stores. You can build your own custom 15-palette on the MAC website for $188.50.

Do you have an everyday palette? What are some of your favorite shades?

53 comments:

  1. Amazing post doll. I have many of these on my to buy list and seeing your great swatches has made me want to go out and get them even sooner:)

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just fainted from beauty overload. I think you and I share a lot of similarities when it comes to foundation obsessions and neutral eye shadows. I'm definitely taking notes here!
    Oh and I didn't know you can pop out the bottom of the MAC cases, does the latch still close tightly when you take out the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice post! :) Thank you for showing swatches of your favorite eye shadows. I now have a good idea what colors I'd want in my palette :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your swatches!

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many beautiful shades in your palette! I have a few of them, and love them dearly so am going to look into the others you have to steal some ideas on what to buy next ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. After seeing your neutral/everyday shadows, I'm tempted to order more from MAC to add to my collection. Love it! :)

    Raech
    ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all great swatches & colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazin shadows and I love the colours.
    They're my favourite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I have most of these shades and love them :)I love your pictures they're always so clear :)
    merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely amazing post; I'm planning on poring over the swatches and seeing what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the colours, there's nothing I dislike here. Need the palette in my life!

    Shifa
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that palette! I would love to have it and be able to use it! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing what other people have in their palettes, nice choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely swatches! I've been eyeing some of those colors for the longest time!

    ariarhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. all I can say is wow!...but you NEED SABLE in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks so much! these swatches are great and the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those colors look so pretty I prefer neutral colors as well. That must have taken a while to wash off lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh swatch p0rn! Those beauties look amazing on your are, gorgeous swatches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing post! Found a few here to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow those swatches look amazing! Tempting seems to be well loved, it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! These colours are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! thanks so much for this post! I'm going to bookmark it lol.

    What do you think of retrospeck? I usually stay away from lustre due to the chunkiness and fallout that's usually associated with them, but that color is so pretty that I want to give them another chance. Do you have any problems with that one?

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow that is one party on your arm. :)

    http://ohtheendlesspossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an amazing collection! I'm jealous! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. very nice colour i want some of your colour mac i love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a superb post!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much for sharing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You usually choose 2 natural shades -brown and shimmery gold- and actually you can live without the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post, a very informative post along with pictures makes things much more clear and easier to understand.I love this post.Thanks for sharing here..Natural Skincare

    ReplyDelete
  29. In my country, we can get 4 shadow pallette for 188. 190 actually. SO I can only have patina :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love it. Too bad you don't have any pictures of yourself wearing those shades.

    ReplyDelete
  31. which color you will recommend Mac satin taupe or Bobbi brown shimmer wash eyeshadow Stone?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  32. Woah! You are really dedicated lol and I am soooo thankful for that!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your choices of neutrals! Have you tried Print or Cooperplate? They would look great for a more greyish matte looks.

    xo

    http://thebrokencompactbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I don’t know what to say. I got so excited. I’m so crazy in applying eye shadows. Please upload some pictures of you with applying these eye shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW. I have to say this is a little intimidating. I want an awsome result, but were to start. This is so not the drug store colors. This is the BIG time:)

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh! I am amazed. Awesome. Thanks....

    Crystal Custom

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awesome stylish. It is very nice to me. I want to get it . How?

    Crystal Custom

    ReplyDelete
  38. This blog is very helpful. Thanks for share

    Crystal Custom

    ReplyDelete
  39. There's nothing like doing assignments and writing lots of code. C# is the most important emerging language.

    http://www.dotnetobject.com/

    ReplyDelete


  40. Fееl free to surf tο my ωeb-ѕite - webpage

    ReplyDelete
  41. All those colors are gorgeous. Mac does a fantastic jobs showcasing beautiful-highly pigmented eyeshadows.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Popping the divider out?!? So simple. So clever. Such a space saver. I've been looking for a way to slim down my kit for efficiency. You have such great ideas; thanks for being so generous and sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Apparition EP High Speed Dual Engine RC Racing Spee ,PenguinClub

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow lovely shades u've got,can't wait to buy some of these shades.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This was very helpful, thx!
    www.somethingtoconsiderblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is an awesome post! I live in rural Germany (I'm American) and the closest MAC is two hours away so it's tough for me to pop in and see the colors first-hand. Every time I'm itching for a new color, I come back to this post because these pics are spot on. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, it's really very helpful! XO

    ReplyDelete