Friday, May 27, 2011

Advice from Wayne Goss on how to make your make-up last!


In this short video, Wayne talks about a big mistake many of us do when we apply our makeup. We combine two things that don't mix. Water and oil. For example, an oil based primer with a water based foundation. It sounds like a good idea - but water and oil don't mix, right? Maybe your foundation has too much "slip" to it, and transfers too much throughout the day. Is it really your foundation to blame? Or is it your moisturizer, primer? Well, it's something we all know from Science 101, but I never thought about applying that knowledge to makeup. 

I thought this vid was really interesting and it made me wonder. 

What do you think? Do you think it makes any difference? Agree/Disagree? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. i never thought of that. i'm going to look at all my makeup ingredients now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having a duh moment when he said that. It makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facepalm. Makes complete sense IMO. In any event, I'm not throwing out my mismatched goods at the moment. Maybe I'll make sure everything matches when I restock my supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Had an ahaaa moment, wonder how it works with powder foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is amazing and I love his videos. Thank you for introducing him to us because I truly enjoy watching his videos now and learning so much in the process of different ways to express makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This topic is seriously one of my biggest makeup pet peeves! I am constantly telling my friends this!! They never listen to me because they think I'm talking hot air, but I'm glad to hear someone else have the same views as I do when it comes to water-based and oil-based products. My friends will complain how their foundation slips or gets sticky or fades, then I ask what moisturizer and primer and other skincare they use and hey say "what does that matter? I just want a good foundation". I just want to scream "because it ALL matters!!!!" :)

    ReplyDelete