Saturday, March 12, 2011

Illamasqua Lover Powder Blush Review, Photos and Swatches!

illamasqua lover blush review

 Illamasqua Lover Powder Blush

Illamasqua Lover Blush ($24) is a pale apricot with a completely matte finish. To be truthfully honest, from the photos I've seen of Lover, I expected it to be more of a soft pastel.

I've been on the hunt for the perfect peach blush, and when I came across Illamasqua Lover on various beauty blogs, it looked exactly like what I wanted. 

I do own a bunch of other peach blushes, but I really wanted a matte, true peach with no tricky/misleading undertones.

It strikes resemblance to MAC Peaches (which I no longer own) In fact, they're are so similar that you most likely don't need both, unless you're a peach fanatic, or have a preference to one of the brands. I personally prefer Illamasqua because the consistency is softer, more pigmented and easier to blend. 

illamasqua lover blush review


Despite this blush looking a little pink in the pan, it applies very peach to the cheeks. The color is pretty vibrant, and pulls a little peachy-orange on my skintone - perhaps because of the yellow tones in my skin.

It's very pigmented, so all I need is a little tap of my brush and it's all I need. It blends beautifully with no harsh edges. 

I see it as a color I'd wear in the summer a lot paired with bronzed eyes and coral, orange and bright pink lipstick. 

illamasqua lover

illamasqua lover swatch

I've read countless reviews for Lover, and the majority of the ones I've read have said that it's a must-have for peach lovers, and one of the best. 

Although I don't wear peach blushes that often, when I do, I always reach for this. I'm very happy I have it in my collection. 

Price: $24, Sephora.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!I have mac peaches and now I want this blush IM a peach fanatic! i love true peach blushes! thank you so much for swatches <3 i would to see a FOTD with this blush on you please!!! :)

    ReplyDelete