Monday, March 14, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in the shade Pink Sugar + Photos & Swatches!

 Revlon Pink Sugar Lipstick

Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in the shade Pink Sugar is a sheer, light pink with silver/golden flecks of glitter. The lipstick has a yellow undertone, which is what drew me to purchase it. In the tube, it reminds me a bit of MAC Hue - but a little bit lighter. Swatched next to each other, they are quite different. While Hue is a true "bubble gum" pink, Pink Sugar is more of a "cotton candy" pink - like Nars Turkish Delight.


The biggest disappointment with this lipstick is the pigmentation. It is incredibly sheer, and no matter how many times you swipe it across your lips, it will never look like the color you see when you look at the tube. Also, this lipstick has a lot of glitter, so it feels a little gritty on your lips - which is not something I'm very crazy about. When it's on my lips, I don't find the glitter to be very noticeable. You definitely have to moisturize your lips prior to application because the very light pigment can settle into dry cracks and accentuate your dryness. It has a "glaze" finish, which I really like.

I think this lipstick is best suited for lighter skin tones. It would be a great sheer, nude for those with little pigment in their lips. This may not be the best lipstick for very pigmented lips, as it may wash you out & make your lips appear slightly gray or purple. If you like MAC Underage lipglass, you may like this. I find them to be similar in depth. Underage is a color that really didn't suit my NC40 skin tone, as it made my lips appear gray in color. So after testing it once, I gave it away. This lipstick looks the best on me when I have little to no self tanner on.


Here it is applied heavily to my lips.
I purchased this lipstick from CVS for $6.49, and received $4 in extrabucks. So, it was basically like I paid $2.49.

Have you tried this shade? What did you think of it?

13 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so so pretty!

    http://www.themilkandtea.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous
    I love Revlon's new lipstick line!
    http://chicinvancity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I think I must go out and buy this!! It's so beautiful and sounds like something I would love. I JUST got MAC Underage a couple weeks ago and I've been obsessed over it. I have never tried a Revlon lipstick - do they have that terrible lipstick smell that so many do? That's one deal breaker for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty color! I'm going to have to pick this up now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you you are not crazy about this color. I bought the last Revlon lipstick you recommend in Bare or Nude? I that one.It goes on creamy and smooth. Yes, totally have to agree on Mac's Underage Lipglass looking to light for my olive skin color. Florabundance Lipglass is my #1 favorite color of all time. Oh, also bought several others that you reviewed and I ended up liking NYX Orange Soda lipstick. Just wished the consistency was better. I really like the color though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant to say I liked that Revlon Soft Nude 070 lipstick.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous color!!! I love it!

    http://hottheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to repurchase Mac Hue you just reminded me! lol x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i bought this because of your great review! thanks natty!

    www.bellasbeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks beautiful on you (and finally sm1 reviews another Revlon Colorburst lipstick besides Soft Nude)!!!
    Too bad its on the sheerer side, otherwise it would have been an amazing light pink l/s!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luvvv this color <3

    Chantel <3

    ReplyDelete